Punjabi University (PU) is a State University which was established in the year 1962 and is located at Patiala, Punjab. The University is approved by UGC, AICTE and is accredited “Grade A” by NAAC. Punjabi University Courses are offered through its Departments, Regional Centres, Neighbourhood Campuses, Constituent Colleges, Affiliated Colleges and Distance Education. It offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, Certificate and Doctoral Programs.
Punjabi University Undergraduate Courses and Eligibility
For admissions to the Undergraduate/ Integrated courses offered by Punjabi University, candidates must have passed 10+2 (Relevant Stream) or equivalent with minimum 45% – 60% marks in aggregate, depending upon the course.
Punjabi University Postgraduate Courses and Eligibility
Candidates will be considered eligible for admissions to Punjab University Postgraduate courses if they have completed their Graduation (Relevant Field) with at least 45% - 60% marks in aggregate, depending upon the course.
Note: Punjab University Courses Eligibility criteria varies from course to course. Therefore, the candidates should go through the eligibility criteria separately for the required course.
JEE Main followed by Counselling
All other Undergraduate Courses
M.Sc./ M.Com./ M.Com. (Hons.)/ MBA/ MCA/ LLM/ M.Ed.
Entrance Exam by the University
GATE Entrance Exam Score
All other Postgraduate Programs
Entrance Exam by the University
Know more about Punjabi University Admissions
Punjabi University Placements
Punjabi University Placements are offered to the candidates through the University’s Finishing School. The Finishing School is the career counselling and placement cell of the University. It equips the candidates by organizing various skill enhancement, training & development, soft skills and personality development programs so that they could acquire their dream job. TCS, Tech Mahindra, Wipro, Emerson are among the frequent recruiters at the University.
Foreign Institutions Collaborations of Punjabi University
Punjabi University has collaborations with some foreign institutions aswell. Some of the important collaborators are:
- Apex Group of Companies, Dubai
- Debre Birhan University, Ethiopia
- Faculty of Industrial Education and Technology, King Mongkut's Uni. of Technology Thonburi, Bangkok, Thailand
- International Water Management Institute (IWMI), Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Maharaja Garden City Association (MGC), Bangkok, Thailand
- Siam University, Thailand (Agreement)
- The Regents of the University of California on Behalf of its Santa Cruz Campus
- University of South Pacific, Laucala Campus, Suva, Fiji
- University of the Fraser Valley, Canada
- University of the Highlands and Islands, Scotland, UK
- Wilkes University, PA, United States of America (USA)
Punjabi University Scholarship
Punjabi University helps the Girl candidates and Physically Challenged candidates in availing the scholarships offered by AICTE, if the candidates have taken admission in a technical course.
- AICTE offers Pragati Scholarships to the Meritorious Girl Child whose family income is less than Rs. 8 lakh per annum.
- AICTE offers Saksham Scholarship to the Candidate having disability of not less than 40% and whose family income is less than Rs. 8 lakh per annum.