October 20, 2020: Last date of M. Tech admission is October 29, 2020
IIIT Ranchi was established in 2016 and set up by MHRD and Government of India. The Institute offers B.Tech and M.Tech programs in various fields. It also offers a PhD program in various specializations. Admissions at IIIT Ranchi are offered on the basis of National level exams like JEE Main, GATE, UGC-NET and CSIR-NET.
Top recruiters visit the campus and place the students in top organizations. The highest package went up to INR 12.40LPA whereas average salary went up to INR 6.90LPA.
IIIT Ranchi Highlights 2020
Candidates can check some facts about the Institute who are willing to get admission here.
|Established | Institute Type||2016 | Autonomous|
|Set by||Government of India, MHRD|
|Entrance Exam||JEE Main, GATE, UGC NET|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech, M.Tech, PhD|
|Campus Area||67 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Mess, Auditorium, Library, Sports, Student’s Club, Laboratories, Seminar Hall|
|Top Recruiters||TCS, IEEE, OSA, Affine, Virtusa|
IIIT Ranchi Courses
The Institute offers numerous programmes and the details regarding the course eligibility and selection criteria is tabulated below.
|B. Tech||Specializations: Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering
Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: Passed 10+2 with PCM
|M. Tech||Specializations: Machine Learning & Data Science, Embedded Systems and IoT
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Passed B. Tech/B.E.
|PhD||Specializations: Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering
Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: Master’s Degree in relevant discipline
IIIT Ranchi Admission
Candidates willing to take admissions in B.Tech must score a good rank in JEE Main and then apply through JoSAA. For M.Tech, admission is based on GATE score/interview/written test. Non-GATE candidates and Sponsored candidates can also apply for M.Tech program in IIIT Ranchi. For PhD, the candidate must have valid in UGC-NET/GATE/CSIR-NET score.
How to Apply for B. Tech?
- After JEE mains, candidate need to apply through JoSAA
- Select the Institute from the Institute’s list
- Candidates can pay application fee online
- Candidates whose seat will get confirmed in the Isturyte has to visit nearby reporting centre before the deadline.
- Finally, candidate has to report to the Institute for seat confirmation as well as admission along with required documents
How to apply for M. Tech and PhD Program?
Interested candidates need to follow the below-given steps in order to get admission in this Institute in PhD and M. Tech programme.
- Visit the Institute’s official website
- Fill the application form with all the basic details, academics by going through the instructions
- Pay application fee; i.e. INR 1000 for UR/EWS/OBC candidates and INR 500/- for SC/ST/PC/Women candidates
- Submit the form and take a printout of it for further use.
For detailed information read IIIT Ranchi Admission
IIIT Ranchi Placements
The Institute provides good placement opportunities to students of different fields. Every year large number of top recruiters visit the campus and hire the students. Below given is the placement summary of batch 2016-20 for B.Tech placement.
- No. of Students Participated: 32
- No. of Students Placed: 20
- No. of Offers: 28
- Average Salary: 6.90 LPA
- Minimum Salary: INR 5.00 LPA
- Median Salary: INR 6.00 LPA
- Highest Salary: INR 12.40 LPA
The students are successfully placed in 11 top companies. Some of the names of top companies where students are placed are BNY Mellon, GreyB, TCS, OnePlus, Virtusa, Vassarlabs, Legato Health, IRIS Business, futures First and many more.
To read more click on IIIT Ranchi Placement
IIIT Ranchi Summer Internship 2019
IIIT Ranchi released the Internship Highlights of the year 2019 where a total of 19 students got internship offers from different industries/organizations.
- Number of Paid Internships: 09
- Number of Unpaid Internships: 08
- Number of Academic Internships: 02
- Average Stipend: INR 10,000/-
IIIT Ranchi Scholarships
Students of B. tech programme can avail schemes of central and state government. Also, students can apply for scholarships of public sector unit.
- National scholarship for people with disabilities
- National scholarship for people with disabilities
- Merit-cum-Means scholarship
- Central sector scholarship for University as well as college students
- SAIL scholarship for students of SC/ST
- NTPC scholarship
- Post metric scholarship for minority
- Oil and natural gas corporation scholarship for SC/ST students
Numerous scholarships that are provided by PSU or government organizations to students are on the basis of students merit, category, income, physically disabled etc. The number of scholarships as well as selection is decided by PSU as well as government organization.
IIIT Ranchi Faculty
The faculty at IIIT Ranchi is highly qualified. All the faculties are well versed in their respective fields. They hold high professional degrees and nurture students to accomplish their goals.
- Assistant Professor: 5+
- AD-HOC Faculty: 3+
- Temporary Faculty: 5+
Get information on IIIT Ranchi Faculty
IIIT Ranchi FAQs
Ques. What is the hostel fee and mess fee at IIIT Ranchi? Are the hostel facilities good?
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria of M. Tech Non-GATE candidates at IIIT Ranchi?
Ques. What are the different admission categories for PhD Programmes?
Ques. Does IIIT Ranchi have a ragging free environment?
Ques. Is it a good choice to join IIIT Ranchi (CSE)?