Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University (DPSRU), is the first Pharmacy University of India. It is established by an Act 7 of 2008 of State Legislature of Delhi. The university offers UG, PG and Diploma courses. The university also offers Ph.D. program in Pharmacy at Doctorate level.
Delhi Pharmaceutical Science and Research University (DPSRU) is affiliated with Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research (DIPSAR). The primary objective of the DPSRU is to educate and train manpower for the development of the country.
Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University (DPSRU) Highlights
Year of Establishment
Type of University
B.Pharma, D.Pharma, M.Pharma, MBA, PhD and BPT
Mehrauli-Badarpur Road, Puspvihar Sector 3
New Delhi - 110017
Delhi NCR , India
Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University (DPSRU) Courses Offered
Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University (DPSRU) offers B.Pharm, B.Pharm (Lateral Entry), D.Pharm, BPT, MBA and PhD. All these courses have been approved from PCI and AICTE. The maximum intake capacity depends upon the courses.
- 22.5% of the total seats (15% for Scheduled Castes and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribes) in each course are reserved for SC/ST categories.
- 27% of the total seats are reserved for OBC students of NCT region.
Get details about DIPSAR Courses and Fee Structure
Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University (DPSRU) Eligibility Criteria
- B.Pharm (Regular & Lateral), BPT and D.Pharm admission is provided on the basis of candidates’ marks in the qualifying degree.
- M.Pharm and MBA (Pharm) admission is based on a valid score in GPAT. For Non-GPAT candidates, the university conducts an entrance test.
- For Ph.D. admission, the university conducts an entrance test followed by an interview.
- The candidates who have passed JRF/SRF or NET/GATE/GPAT/SLET or equivalent exam need not to take the Ph.D. entrance test. They have to appear in the interview round only.
Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University (DPSRU) Placements
DIPSAR Placements Cell is coordinated by the in charge of the university. The aim of the placement cell is to provide employment opportunities, including self-employment and admission for higher studies in reputed institutes, for the students, commensurate with their specialization & caliber and to place maximum students in reputed companies. It gives 100% placement in leading national and multinational Pharmaceutical companies. All the students of Bachelors and Masters Program are placed in many national and multinational Pharmaceutical companies through campus interviews.
Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University (DPSRU) Placements Packages
8.5 to 7.5 lacs
7.0 to 5.5 lacs
3.5 to 4.5 lacs
Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University (DPSRU) Scholarship
DPSRU also offers scholarship to the students. As per the sources, the university has introduced new Degree and Diploma courses in the field of Sports Pharmacy and Sports Science to prepare highly skilled professionals and efficient Sports Scientists. Sport Pharmacy will help the students to be aware that which medicines are permitted, restricted and prohibited by the relevant governing bodies in specific sports, and ensure that the athletes are educated and advised by providing the most up to date information available.
Read more about DPSRU admission