Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University (RLBCAU) is a Central Agricultural University in Jhansi, a district in the Bundelkhand region of Uttar Pradesh. It was established through the Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University Act, 2014.
The University is recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) and Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). The university aims to offer education in different departments of agriculture and allied sciences. Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University has a wide range of quality faculty who guide the students throughout the courses.
Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University (RLBCAU), Jhansi offers B.Sc. and M.Sc. Courses in different streams of Agriculture Science. RLBCAU also offers courses on Horticulture and Forestry. It is under the control of the Union Ministry, and has a suburban campus.
The Admission at Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University in B.Sc. the course is done through All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA) conducted by ICAR.
RLBCAU Jhansi Highlights
RLBCAU is established under the Central Government on the request to form an Agriculture College in Bundelkhand Region. Following are the major highlights of this college:
|Mode of Course||Full-time|
|Courses Offered||B. Sc., M. Sc.|
|Facilities Available||Sports, Infrastructure, Field Training|
RLBCAU Jhansi Achievement
RLBCAU was established in 2014 through an act by Parliament, so it is comparatively new. However, it has made some significant progress in the recent years.
|RLBCAU||Started B.Sc. in Agriculture||2014-15|
|AICRP||Chickpea Production Development Center||-|
RLBCAU offers courses in Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes in Agriculture, Horticulture, and Forestry.
|B. Sc. (UG)||Subjects: Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry
Duration: 4 Years
Eligibility: Intermediate passed from a recognized board with English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology/Agriculture as Subject, and with a certain minimum percentage of marks as decided by the ICAR, New Delhi (currently 50%)
|M. Sc. (PG)||Subject: Agriculture (Agronomy), Agriculture (Plant Breeding & Genetics), Agriculture (Plant Pathology), Agriculture (Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry), Agriculture (Entomology), Horticulture (Fruit Science), Horticulture (Vegetable Science), Forestry (Silviculture & Agroforestry)
Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University with minimum 50% aggregate marks
Check RLBCAU Courses & Fees
RLBCAU offers B.Sc. & M.Sc. Courses in 3 streams. Agriculture, Horticulture, and Forestry Admissions are made on the basis of admissions in All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA). Once shortlisted, a candidate has to go through counselling to confirm his/her seat in the Institute.
How to Apply?
- Registration has to be made online on http://www.rlbcau.ac.in/.
- Payment for Registration Fee has to be done.
- Candidates have to appear for All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA), conducted by ICAR.
- Shortlisted Candidates have to report to the college for document verification.
- Following Documents need to be presented at the time of admission.
- Matriculation Mark sheet
- Intermediate Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate
- Graduation Certificate
- Medical Certificate
- Any other remaining formality as reported by the University has to be completed by the Candidate.
Read more: RLBCAU Admission
RLBCAU provides good placement opportunities. Students are imparted enough skills to make them employable.
- Students of RLBCAU are provided with a decent salary.
- They self-employ themselves as well with a pleasant earning.
- Average Earning: INR. 10,000 - 15,000/- per month
Click here RLBCAU Placement
- RLB CAU offers The National Talent Scholarship (NTS) under which undergraduates, admitted in the University through All-India Entrance Examination for various UG programmes in Agriculture or allied sciences conducted by ICAR, are given monetary benefits as revised by ICAR.
- The students were admitted through a competitive examination conducted by VCI for admission to BVSc. & AH shall also be eligible for NTS.
- RLBCAU provides Scholarships to its meritorious and needy students through various schemes. Following table highlights the Scholarships provided by the Institute.
|National Talent Scholarship||Merit-based|
|Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||Merit-based + Family-income based|
|Post Matric Scholarship||Merit-based (for SC/ST only)|
Also check RLBCAU Scholarships
RLBCAU extends a plethora of opportunities towards its students for their all-round development. It confirms to their physical and mental fitness as well as ease in the academics. Following are the major facilities by the college:-
- Library: With a plethora of books for Students to read, and understand.
- Hostels: To provide students with a proper environment to stay.
- Auditoriums: RLBCAU provides spacious auditoriums to organize seminars/functions.
- Cafeteria: To provide students with tasty and healthy dishes at nominal cost, RLBCAU provides clean cafeterias
- IT Infrastructure: The College provides advanced IT infrastructure to help the students to get the required information with speed and ease.
- Transport: For easy and fast mode to commute the institute provides cheap transport for its students and faculty..
- Alumni Associations: To provide students with a good network if its past students.
Faculty of RLBCAU is highly appreciated and admired. Their teaching methodologies were appreciated and course curriculum has been explained as effective. Practical Trainings are also being provided by the faculty to provide the students with a hands-on-experience on the respective subject.
Directors & Deans: Dr. S.K. Chaturvedi (Dean, College of Agriculture), Dr. A.R. Sharma (Director Research), Dr. Anil Kumar (Director Education), Dr. A.K. Pandey (Dean, College of Horticulture and Forestry), Dr. Sati Shankar Singh (Director Extension Education), Dr. Mukesh Srivastava (Registrar)
Professors: Dr. Yogeshwar Singh (Agronomy), Dr. Manmohan J. Dobriyal Professor (Forestry)
Associate Professors: 3
Assistant Professors: 21
Also check RLBCAU Faculty
Ques. Is Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University a private Institution?
Ques. How are the admissions made in Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University?
Ques. Is there any scholarship provided to the Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University Students?
- National Talent Scholarship – based on performance.
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship – based on merit.
- Post Matric Scholarship – extended to the SC/ST Students only.
Ques. What facilities are provided by Rani Lakshmi Bai Central Agricultural University to its Students?