Masters in Management in USA- Comprehensive Course Guide for International Students
Masters in Management in USA is a 16-24 months long postgraduate program for those who want to pave an innovative path in business management globally. 48 institutions in the USA offer Master in Management. The average tuition fees for a Masters in Management in the USA are around 60,000 USD.
You can opt for different specializations available to masters in management aspirants. Some of these specializations include investment management, technology management, global innovation management, project management, and many others.
Why Choose Masters in Management in the USA?
- Unlike MBA in the USA, applicants have no need for work experience to excel in the field.
- Unlike other academic courses, the applicants need to write the GMAT examination
- The international graduates can try their luck in managerial skills in the hotbed of opportunities like Silicon Valley.
- As per 2019 statistics, 46% of employers in the USA are trying hard to recruit the perfect candidate for specific job roles.
- After 2019’s economic survey, there are around 12.5% of jobs available for the international graduates in the field of management.
Masters of Management vs MBA
The students sometimes fail to choose the right career pathways. MBA has always been believed to be the best academic course for a sudden career. Master in Management is a comparatively new degree offered in USA, Europe, Australia and few Asian countries for career growth in specialized managerial skills. A detailed comparison is given below why to choose Master in Management over MBA.
Master in Management in USA: Top Ranking Universities
A detailed list of top-ranking universities in USA offering Masters in Management along with specializations and course durations are given below:
|University||Specialization||Course Duration||Application Deadlines|
|Duke University Fuqua School of Business||Business analytics, health analytics, quantitative management||10months||March 5, 2020|
|California State University||Healthcare management, information systems||12months||April 1|
|MIT Sloan School of management||Business analytics, Finance||9months||February 15, 2020|
|Columbia Business School||Financial Economics, Accounting, and fundamental analysis||12months||January 7, 2020|
|Marshall School of Business||Medical management, entrepreneurship, and innovation, Social entrepreneurship, global supply chain management||12months||February 1|
|Stanford Graduate school of Business||Leadership, entrepreneurship||12months||April 8, 2020|
|W P Carey School of Business||Global logistics, information management||18 months||February 4, 2020|
|Anderson School of Management||Business analytics||13-15months||January 3, 2020|
|San Francisco State University||Accountancy, business analytics||12-18 months||May 1, 2020|
|Ross school of business||Supply chain management, accounting||10 months||February 1, 2020|
Masters in Management in USA: Eligibility and Admissions
The international students have to go through some rigorous process to take admission in the best universities in the USA for a Master in Management. A detailed list of the admission requirements is given below:
|Duke University Fuqua School of Business||$ 125||3.84||7||94||GMAT- 690-740|
|California State University||$ 70||3.3||7||80||550+|
|MIT Sloan School of management||$ 150||3.7||7||90||GMAT-700-770 GRE- 320|
|Columbia Business School||$ 100||3.9||7.5||100||GRE-300+ GMAT- 790|
|Marshall School of Business||$ 155||3.5||7 with a minimum of 6 in each band||100 with 20 in each of the test component||GMAT-692|
|Stanford Graduate school of Business||$ 100||3.47||7.0||100||GMAT-790 GRE-320+|
|W P Carey School of Business||$ 115||3.33||7 with an overall band score of 6.5||80||598|
|Anderson School of Management||$ 140||3.5||7.5||87 with a minimum score of 25 in writing, 24 in speaking, 21 in reading and 17 in listening||GMAT- 680-750|
|San Francisco State University||$ 70||3.0||6.5||88||GMAT-650|
|Ross school of business||$ 100||3.5||7||100||GMAT-675-750|
Masters in Management in USA: Documents Required
The admission process in the US’ higher education institution involves a lot of paperwork. The application package required when applying for American universities includes documents like proof of language proficiency, education certificates, etc. The details of these documents are given below:
- Resume: Detailed resume with all the necessary academic qualifications, work experience, projects, internships, and other co-curricular activities.
- Transcript: It is the concise form of scorecard of the last attended academic institution of the applicant.
- Mark sheets: The applicants need to submit all the necessary mark sheets and passing certificates of class 10, 12 and undergraduate degrees.
- Letters of Recommendation: Each university requires either 2 or 3 letters of recommendation for the applicant. The hard copy of letters should be sent to the respective university
- Standardized test scores: Applicants may be required to submit GMAT scores for some of the universities.
- English Proficiency Score: As English is not the native language, the applicants need to write TOEFL or IELTS examination to prove their efficiency in the English language.
- Statement of Purpose: Each applicant needs to submit the statement of purpose online to explain the sole reason for choosing such a course.
Cost for Pursuing Masters in Management in USA
International applicants who wish to study in the USA must ensure that they have enough funds to sponsor their education. Tuition fees for pursuing a master's in the USA are one of the major expenses incurred during the study. The details of the tuition fees for masters in management in some of the best universities in USA are as follows:
|University||Total Tuition Fees (USD)|
|Duke University Fuqua School of Business||$ 70666|
|California State University||$ 16806|
|MIT Sloan School of management||$ 141535|
|Columbia Business School||$ 72000|
|Marshall School of Business||$ 49000|
|Stanford Graduate school of Business||$ 134304|
|W P Carey School of Business||$ $55488|
|Anderson School of Management||$ 75816|
|San Francisco State University||$ 41180|
|Ross school of business||$ 57318|
1USD=INR 71.53 (February 3, 2020)
Cost of living in USA
Depending on the costs of house rents, meal plans, travel costs, the students have to decide the best available option for them to stay. A detailed list of the cost of living in USA across the cities is given below:
|Cities in USA||House Rent||Food||Transport (Monthly pass)||Miscellaneous||Total|
1USD=INR 71.53 (February 3, 2020)
Masters in Management in USA with Scholarships
Due to huge financial burden, the international students seek aid through scholarships. List of scholarships in USA for international students are as follow:
|Duke University Fuqua School of Business||Fuqua Merit Scholarships||Waiving off tuition fees|
|California State University||International Student Scholarship||$1000|
|MIT Sloan School of management||Research Assistantship||$33,924 per year|
|Columbia Business School||Laidlaw Foundation Scholarship||$7500-$30000|
|Marshall School of Business||Dr. John B. Wallace Jr. Memorial Scholarship||Merit-Based Scholarship|
|Stanford Graduate school of Business||The Aga Khan Foundation||50% off tuition fees|
|W P Carey School of Business||Graduate Assistantships|
|Anderson School of Management||Education Future International Scholarship||$3000-$14000|
|San Francisco State University||University Scholarship||$500-$3000|
|Ross school of business||Ross MM Scholarship||Varies|
Job Prospects after Masters in Management in USA
Masters in Management in USA became popular among international students from the last decade. After graduating, international students have a high possibility of getting great job opportunities in the USA. Average salary package across universities along with job profiles is given below
|University||Average Salary (USD)|
|Duke University Fuqua School of Business||$60000|
|California State University||$ 65000|
|MIT Sloan School of management||$77000|
|Columbia Business School||$65000|
|Marshall School of Business||$106600|
|Stanford Graduate school of Business||$80000|
|W P Carey School of Business||$55000|
|Anderson School of Management||$70000|
|San Francisco State University||$70000|
|Ross school of business||$53000|
USA Study Visa: Document Required and Process
The USA has different types of visas. F1 is used for those who want to pursue academics in universities in the USA. The US study visa is issued post submission of the following documents:
- University Acceptance Letter
- All academic documents (Transcripts)
- Migration, provisional and character certificates
- Birth Certificate
- Original I-20 signed and approved by both the University authority and candidate
- Language Proficiency certificate
- GRE scorecard
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Sponsorship letter from the sponsor
- Relationship certificate with sponsor
- Statement of Purpose
- Financial Proof
- Last 6-month’s bank transaction and balance certificate
- Assets valuation
- Pay SEVIS fee before VISA interview
- Bring SEVIS paid receipt during the visa interview
Once these documents have been submitted, the applicant will be invited for an interview process. Visa will be issued only if the applicant has cleared their visa interview.