Master of Science [M.Sc] (Computer Information Systems)
International Student Tution
- The Master of Science(M.Sc) in Computer Information Systems at Boston University is a 1-years program.
- The program consists of a total of 40 credits for the Master of Science in Computer Information Systems.
- The program is designed for students who wish to combine technical competence in information systems with knowledge of managerial and organizational issues.
- The following concentrations are available in this program:
- Computer Networks
- Data Analytics
- Database Management and Business Intelligence
- Health Informatics
- IT Project Management
- Web Application Development
- Some of the main courses students go through in this program are:
- Information Structures with Java
- Information Structures with Python
- Business Data Communication and Networks
- IT Strategy and Management
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Computer Graphics
- Foundations of Analytics with R
- The MSc in Computer Information Systems concentration in IT Project Management is accredited by the Project Management Institute Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs.
- The Graduation rate of Boston University is 87%.
- The student-faculty ratio of this college is 10:1.
- The acceptance rate of Boston University is 22%.
- Boston University ranked #42 among national universities by U.S News and World Report.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||$ 63669 for 1 yearor 40 Credits Program|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Jan 15)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Applicants to master’s degree and graduate certificate programs must have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution (or the international equivalent) prior to enrollment.
- Students required an average grade of 3.0. (83 to 86% or B grade)
- Students whose official language is not English are required to submit IELTS or TOEFL scores.
Indian Student Eligibility:
- Students required a Higher Secondary Certificate/ISC (State board exams may also be considered for admission) and a four-year bachelor’s degree.
Required Document List
The Documents required are:
- College Transcripts: The marks statement provided by the education board after completion of the previous academic qualifications.
- Financial Documentation: The Proof that shows the financial background of the student.
- Three Letter of Recommendation: This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Statement of Purpose: This is an essay or any written statement written by the student while applying.
- Resume/CV: This provides a summary of the experience and skills of the student.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL, or other test scores.
|fall||Jan 15, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Books and Supplies||$1000|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
|Room and Board||$ 14590|
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Trustee Scholarships||Variable||Yes||Dec 1, 2020|
|AAUW International Fellowships||Variable||Yes||Nov 15, 2020|
|Novus Biological Scholarship Program||$ 1500||Yes||Jul 6, 2020|
|JN Tata Endowment Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Mar 15, 2021|
VISA & Work Study
- Full-time undergraduate and graduate students who will enroll in a degree-granting program at BU.
- There are 3 types of VISA to study in BU:
- F-1 Student VISA
- J-1 Student VISA
- F-1 Scholar VISA
- If students will apply for a visa other than F-1 or J-1, read the International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO) guidelines.
- Boston University undergraduate students and all part-time students enrolled in a program should not work more than 20 hours per week while attending classes.
- During official University break periods, such as intercession, spring break, and summer, these students should not work more than 40 hours per week.