SIT Graduate Institute: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
SIT Graduate Institute is a private graduate institution situated in Brattleboro, Vermont. This private institution provides Master's degree courses only. They also provide a few certification courses which are online. The institute prepares students across the globe to be effective leaders and professionals in their respective fields. The institute makes sure that the students get the learning and practice in an equal amount during their course of study.
|Application Portal||Official Website|
|Mode of Programs||Offline|
|Annual Cost of Attendance||52,572 USD|
Campus and Residence
- The institution does not provide on-campus housing options for all the students.
- There are certain on-campus housing options available for students enrolled in programs like Masters of Arts in International Education.
- The students can get a list of housing options from the housing office, where there are rooms, apartments, dormitories available for rent.
- Almost 50% of the students live off-campus.
- The off-campus housing options which are available are at a 3 miles distance from the campus.
- Students can get the list of housing options for the website of the institution.
- At SIT Graduate Institute, students can choose to pursue a master’s degree in arts subjects. They provide quite a few options.
- The institution also offers some certification courses which are online.
- The Master of Arts course degree course is available in part-time, low-residency and full-time, face-to-face, global formats. Students can choose the type of course according to their choice.
- Some of the popular areas of study which the students choose in graduate program include – Climate Change and Global Sustainability, Development Practice, Diplomacy & International Relations, and Humanitarian Assistance and Crisis Management, and many more.
- The three certification courses are - Conflict Transformation Across Cultures (CONTACT) Summer Peacebuilding Program, Graduate Certificate in International Education and Certificate in TESOL.
- Application Portal: Institutes application portal available on the official website.
- Application Fee: $50.
- Students must submit their official transcripts of a bachelor's degree along with the application.
- Application Deadline: January 31st, 2020.
- Supporting Documents: Official Transcripts, an essay of 1250- to 1750-words, Photocopy of your passport, resume, three letters of recommendation, Standardized Test Results
- minimum Standardized test scores for the proof of English Proficiency – IELTS – 7, TOEFL iBT – 100, TOEFL PBT- 600, TOEFL cbt - 250.
- Graduation Rate: 38%; Retention Rate: 79%.
- International students are required to pay their first-semester tuition and fees as part of their student visa process, SIT does not require the $400 deposit payment for international students.
- A $400 nonrefundable deposit is required to hold the place for international students enrolling themselves in a defer program until the following year.
Cost of Attendance
Semester-wise estimated cost of attendance for the MA degree programs offered by SIT.
|Type of Expense||Cost (approx)|
|Total MA degree Tuition & Fees||$14,500|
|Room & Board||$3,500|
|TOTAL (per semester)||$21,350|
Financial Aid for International Students
- The college offers a generous amount of financial aid in the form of merit-based scholarships and need-based grants to international students.
- With the financial aid provided by the institution, almost one-third of an international student's total cost is covered.
- More than 85% of students receive partial support from the institution.
- The International Aid and Development Scholarship is awarded to those who have made a contribution to the field of development and international aid. They are awarded a scholarship that ranges from $500 to $1,000.
- The Anderson Family Fund Scholarship, Russel A. Bickler International Scholarship, Clarence Falk Scholarship are some other scholarships which are awarded to the international students who need financial support.
- Apart from these many competitive SIT scholarships are also there for international students.
External Sources of Funding for International Students
Applying for financial aid programs in the US can be overwhelming due to their extensive application filing process. Here’s a brief list of research scholarship opportunities from private organizations both within the U.S. and India.
- American University Emerging global leader Scholarship
- ICSP Scholarship at the University of Oregon
- Clark Global Scholarship Program
- United World Colleges International Youth Scholarships.
- Civil Society Leadership Award
- The Indian Trust Fellowship
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students
- Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowship
- Inlaks Scholarship
- The college makes the full effort of that the alumni remain connected to their Alma matter.
- The students connect with alumni in a common platform to get valuable career advice.
- The alumni can donate to the institute’s fund which will be used as financial aid for the current students.
- Some of the notable alumni of the institution are - Heather Satrom (Associate Professor, Montgomery College), Dean Fausto (Head of school at Atlanta’s Brandon Hall), and Diana Gonzales (Vermont state legislator).
- The university provides career assistance to the final year students. They have a separate service station which operates on providing full assistance and preparing the students for the placement process.
- Students can gain experience from various internship opportunities that are provided by the university.
- They have internship programs where the students get to experience the hands-on techniques that they have studied till now.
- The career service office prepares the student from the very beginning according to the professional world.