The College at Brockport: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1835, The College at Brockport is a public institution and is a member of State University of New York. The institute strives to promote overall development of students by forming meaningful collaborations with innumerable government, corporate, and community leaders.
Enrolling around 8,300 students with 59% female students; Brockport offers undergraduate and graduate courses in over 50 disciplines, mainly in Arts and Sciences, Business and Management Education and Health and Human Services.
The College at Brockport Rankings
Brockport has been conferred the following rankings by different ranking agencies:
US News & World Report
- #80 in Regional Universities North
- #48 in Best Colleges for Veterans
- #66 in Best Value Schools
- Best Colleges for Sports Management in America # 99 of 299
- Best Colleges for Kinesiology and Physical Therapy in America #169 of 431
- Best College Food in America # 243 of 1,385
|UG Application Portal||Official Website/ Common Application|
|Annual Endowment||12.1 million USD|
|Student Retention Rate||82%|
|Mode of Programs||Full time; Part Time; Online|
|Campus Housing Capacity||NA|
|Annual Cost of Attendance||35,310 USD|
The College at Brockport Campus
- The college campus stretches up to 464 acres encompassing buildings and facilities for academics, administration, athletics, auditoriums, dining, library, residence halls and townhomes for students.
- Parking within the campus strictly requires permits and different color permits are provided to differentiate between faculty, resident or non-resident students, visitors, etc.
- The Campus has residential and dining facilities for the students.
- The college has a newspaper that has a circulation of over 5,000 copies on campus.
The College at Brockport Residence
- The college has 12 residential halls namely Benedict Hall, Bramley hall, Briggs Hall, Dobson Hall, Eagle Hall, Gordon Hall, Harmon Hall, MacVicar Hall, McFarlane Hall, McLean Hall, Mortimer Hall, Perry Hall, and Thompson Hall. The Campus also has 52 units of Town Homes for accommodating 208 students.
- The townhomes are fully furnished units with washer, dryer, kitchen, refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, Internet, wall to wall carpeting and all utilities included in rent.
- Residential halls have basic amenities, free laundry facilities, vending machines, common kitchens, and recreational facilities and study rooms, etc.
- The dining facilities include Hartwell Café, Brockway Dining Hall, The Square at Union/ Jitterbugs, Aérie Café, Harrison Dining Hall/TRAX/Eagles Nest and Kinetic Kafé.
- The accommodation is provided at a very reasonable price and costs 5000-9000 USD for a year and the meal plans cost around 4000-5000 USD.
- On reaching the second year, students can look for off-campus accommodation options available in the US at affordable prices with similar facilities.
The College at Brockport Programs
- The college offers over 50 undergraduate and around 50 graduate degree programs, out of these around 19 programs can be taken through distance learning mode also.
- Furthermore, students are provided with over 100 Study- abroad programs all over the world.
- The main programs offered by the college are in the areas of Arts and Sciences, Business and Management Education and Health and Human Services.
The College at Brockport Application Process
Students seeking admission at The College at Brockport must know that:
- The admission applications are accepted through the Common App or SUNY application online.
- Application fee of USD 50 Nonrefundable
- Standardized test scores:
- All students need to submit official transcripts of high school or college, as per the requirement. These transcripts must be attested by the issuing university or Board. For graduate admission credential evaluation by WES is required.
- International students with no formal education in English need to provide valid scores of one of the English Language proficiency test(s):
- One letter of recommendation and a 250-500 word essay on one of the topics (Reasons for selecting the field of study/Special interest and abilities/Plans for further study and/or employment after completing your degree) is to be submitted by undergraduates.
- Financial support documents and passport copy
- Average Graduation rate:66%; Acceptance Rate 53% and Student retention rate 74%
The College at Brockport Cost of Attendance
Students enrolled at Brockport need to incur the following expenses approximately for 1 academic year.
|Cost Head||Expenses in USD (Approximate)|
|Room and Board (on Campus)||14,160|
|Books and Supplies||800|
|Personal Expenses and Transportation||2,000|
The College at Brockport International Scholarships
- The college provides financial aid to its students and approximately 91% of the students receive some type of financial aid.
- College’s Extraordinary Academic Scholarship Program is a merit-based scholarship. The applicant is selected based on admission application, prior academic performance, and standardized test scores. The value of the award is a partial room waiver applicable after 4 weeks of study if selected.
- Foundation Scholarships are given by the donors of the college and require a separate application. Based on the answers and essays written as the response to questions in the form and applicant’s overall profile, it decides the 350 recipients of the award.
- Besides this, the college has some specific subject-related awards and need-based financial help. The college also helps students apply for state grants and loans to meet their study expenditures.
- Also, there are a variety of scholarships available for international students in the USA that are offered by various agencies.
The College at Brockport Alumni
- The college has over 95,000 alumni all over the world and runs a program to connect all of them known as GOLD – Graduates of the last decade.
- The college alumni organize reunions, recreational events, sports events, conduct philanthropic events, scholarships and help in mentoring the students.
- The alumni have a Green and Gold Ambassadors program in which students good in academic and co-curricular activities are selected to work as ambassadors of the college to promote it. These selected students also work as hosts of various college programs and events like Homecoming, reunions, First Fridays, etc.
- Some notable alumni of the College are Stan Van Gundy, Sports Coach; Joe Torres, News anchor; William Fichtner, Actor; Oliver North, Naval Officer; Yendi Phillipps, Jamaican model, and beauty queen; George Boley, Politician; and Ryan Nobles, CNN Correspondent.
The College at Brockport Placement
- The College has a Career Development Center and subscribes to the online job portal Handshake popularly known as eagle connect that allows the students to upload their resume and look for the suitable available positions. The portal also helps in polishing and acquiring employment skills. The employers are also able to post their requirements on the portal.
- The staff at the center reviews the resumes, cover letters, assists with job and internship applications, and helps in finding suitable jobs and careers for the future. The students can take help from the advisors for improving their employability skills also.
- The College also organizes career fairs and alumni also create job opportunities for the campus students.
- 95% of the students of the college are able to get a job within 2 years of graduation and after 6 years they earn around USD 42,600 per year against the national average of 33,028 USD.