Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis(BGSP) is a platform for the students who are interested in studying an exciting concept called Psychoanalysis. For over 40 years, BGSP has been opening doors to students who want to study psychoanalysis, increasing access to psychoanalytic training, education, and treatment.
The only accredited independent graduate school in the USA for psychoanalysis, BGSP enrolls people from all walks of life to explore the human unconscious. BGSP is a private co-educational institution founded in 1973 at Brookline, Massachusetts.
|Year of Establishment||1973|
|Type of University||Private|
|Total Enrollment (Boston Campus)||135|
|International student percentage||25%|
|Campus Housing||Not Available|
Programs/ Courses at Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis
Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis offers graduate degree programs in various courses related to Psychoanalysis. BGSP offers Master and Doctor degrees and certificates in licensed clinical practice in mental health counseling and studies in social and cultural dynamics.
- Clinical practical courses: It has eight practical clinical courses, which include Master and Doctor programs along with Certified Psychoanalyst program in Mental Health Counseling and Psychoanalysis. This also includes Accelerated Doctor of Psychoanalysis Degree via Distance Learning.
- Studies in Social and Cultural Dynamics: This includes Master and Doctor programs in Psychoanalysis, Society and Culture.
Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis has three campuses. These campuses are in Boston, New York, and New Jersey. The main campus of BGSP is in Brookline.
- Brookline campus provides enjoyable seminars, workshops under the scheme of continuing education regarding the Psychoanalysis for the betterment of the students. It also contains the library, which is a home for 6,500 books along with a collection of journals and articles in online databases.
- New York Graduate School of Psychoanalysis, New York. (NYGSP). It is in the center of Greenwich Village. Here two years master degree course are available. That is Four semesters, which include elective courses, winter, and summer courses. For the benefits of first-year students, they also organize an orientation program related to the Environment and Group experience.
- New Jersey campus is in 301 South Livingston Avenue in Livingston. Car and bus lines are available for this suburban area. Master of Arts in Mental Health Counselling (MAMHC) and Master of Arts in Psychoanalysis(MAP) are available here. For the exploration of the students, Post -Master's Certificate in Mental Health Counseling has been provided.
Housing/ Accommodation Facilities
Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis does not provide housing facilities to its students. However, the school suggests some of the living options which are nearer to the campus. Students can look for affordable student housing options in the USA, such as homestays, shared or rented apartments, etc.
Generally, an estimated amount equal to 2,000 - 2,300 USD per month is considered to the living expenses which includes rent, food, utilities, and transportation.
Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis Application Process
The international admissions at Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis vary slightly from that of domestic students. Usually, BGSP does not discriminate against the students according to their gender, status, caste, religion, and disabilities. The following details will give the application process for international students.
Application: International students can download the PDF application form and mail it to BGSP.
Application Fee: 100 USD
Application Deadline: Admissions at BGSP are on a rolling basis. However, they do have priority deadlines for admissions. The application deadline for Fall semester is May 1 while for the Spring semester is November 15.
- Completed application form
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts evaluated by a credential equivalency service such as WES, ECE, etc.
- One-page personal statement
- Two letters of reference
- English Language Proficiency Test
- Academic Writing Sample
- Interview process(three rounds)
NOTE- BGSP does not require GRE scores for applications to any of the programs offered.
Cost of Attendance
The tuition fee and other fees are the same for both domestic and international students at the Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis. The tuition fee for the various programs are:
|Program||Campus||Annual Tuition Fee (in USD)||Total Estimated COA (in USD)|
|Master of Arts in Psychoanalysis||Boston||16,800||49,680|
|Master of Arts in Mental Health Counseling||Boston||21,600||54,480|
|Master of Arts in Psychoanalysis, Society, and Culture; Doctor of Psychoanalysis in Psychoanalysis, Society, and Culture||Boston||19,200||48,830|
|Master of Arts in Psychoanalysis; Master of Arts in Mental Health Counseling||New Jersey||20,800||50,870|
|Master of Arts in Psychoanalysis||New York||16,000||47,750|
|Doctor of Psychoanalysis||Boston||12,800||48,680|
Other Charges at Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis include:
|Expenses||Amount (in USD)|
|Supervision Fees||3,200 – 5,000|
|Other Fee||1,020 – 2,220|
Financial Aid or Scholarships
International students at Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis are not eligible for US Federal Student Aid. They need to look for outside scholarships/grants or private loans for financial assistance.
They can apply for various international scholarships to study in the USA that are awarded by various private organizations or governments in their respective home countries. Another form of financial assistance that an international student can apply for includes education loans to study in the USA.
A few of the outside financial aid options for international students include:
- American Association of University Women – These scholarships are only applicable to women who are studying and researching for full time. The person should not be a countryman of the United States.
- Organization of American States (OAS) – This organization provides both scholarships and loans which are interest-free. This is only applicable to Latin Americans and students who are from the Caribbean.
- International Financial Aid College Scholarship Search (IEFA)
- The International Research & Exchanges Board – This board is not for funds or scholarships. IREX is a kind of training and research program.
International students can also be eligible for institutional aid to finance their education in the United States. A few of the institutional aid options include:
- Career Advancement Scholarship: available to selected graduate students entering the M.A. program in Mental Health Counseling or the One Year Program at the Boston and New Jersey campuses. The scholarship offers up to 20% of course tuition and is renewable each semester as long as the student maintains good academic record.
- Tuition Support for Advanced Candidates: Awarded to students of the Doctor of Psychoanalysis program. Eligible students receive a 50% discount for courses only, on a per-credit course rate.
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Application Portal :https://www.bgsp.edu/admissions-and-financial-aid/application-process/apply-now/
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Boston graduate school is the only school in the US for psychoanalysis and has been opening doors for people from all walks to explore the human unconscious. Therefore I applied for the university with a $100 application fee on their online portal.
Course Curriculum :
The curriculum introduces me to research methods and analytical skills.
I was always curious about human understanding and deep knowledge of a broad scope of psychoanalysis as a discipline, including its theories of unconscious motivation. I applied for the university with an application fee of $100 on their online portal.
Course Curriculum :
Through the curriculum, I was able to integrate theories and methods from multiple disciplines and applying them to practical work.
I heard a lot about it while doing my bachelor's and BGSP is one of the only degree-granting programs in psychoanalysis in the country, it is in the unique position of offering regionally accredited programs in psychoanalysis and related fields. In addition, it holds specialized accreditation for its training programs in psychoanalysis. So, I decided to happy online by paying $100.
Course Curriculum :
We are taught to understand how people develop their emotional and mental lives, how people operate from motivations that are outside their own awareness, and why people interact and behave in characteristic ways.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Train Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary