New York City College of Technology is a public institute which was established in 1946. It is a part of the largest urban university system in the United States: City University of New York (CUNY). Popularly referred to as City Tech, the New York City College of Technology is ranked at Tier 2 (#36 - #47) among Regional Colleges North by the 2019 edition of US News & World Report
|Accreditation||Middle States Commission on Higher Education.|
|Annual Endowment||USD 16.7 million|
|Student Retention Rate||77%|
|Mode of Programs||Full time; Part-time; Online|
|Annual Cost of Attendance (out-of-state)||USD 34,822|
|Admission Helpdesk||718-260-5500 | email@example.com|
Programs, Campus, and Residence
- New York City College of Technology consists of 3 schools: Technology & Design, Professional Studies, and Arts & Sciences. These schools collectively offer 53 (27 associate and 26 baccalaureate) degree programs.
- Information Science, Electrical Engineering, Hospitality, Nursing, Human Services, and Mechanical Engineering are some of the most popular majors offered at City tech.
- On-campus housing facilities are not provided by New York City College of Technology
New York City College of Technology Admissions
Application Deadlines: February 1 (fall); September 15 (spring)
- Official Transcripts, Proof of High School Graduation
- Standardized Test Scores: SAT/ACT
- International Student Proof of English Proficiency: IELTS (6.0)/ TOEFL iBT (61)
- Application fee: $65
- Additional Requirements: Certification of Finances, Copy of Passport
Candidates seeking admission to City Tech may apply online through the CUNY admission application, or candidates can apply via Direct Admission.
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aid
- The university offers financial aid in the form of loans, grants, work study, and scholarships.
- In the academic year 2014-2015, the New York City College of Technology spent $74 million in grants awarded to eligible students.
New York City College of Technology: Cost of Attendance
|Expense||Cost in USD|
|Tuition & Fee||14,310|
|Living Expenses (off-campus)||13,718|
|Transport, Books, Supplies, & Personal||6,794|
The table above shows estimated annual cost of attendance for out-of-state City Tech undergraduate students availing off-campus housing.