University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science (UMCES) is a public university located in Cambridge, Maryland, United States. Established in 1925, it runs under the University of Maryland. UMCES has 90% enrollment in the MEES program. 73% of enrollment is dominated by Whites followed by Asians (13%) at UMCES.
|UG Application Portal||Common Application|
|Student Retention Rate||96%|
|Mode of Programs||Full time; Online|
|Campus Housing Capacity||N/A|
|Annual Cost of Attendance||USD 42,560|
Programs, Campus & Residence
- UMCES offers graduate and certificate programs in the field of Environmental Sciences through its 10 areas of research.
- The majors offered at UMCES are - Marine, Estuarine, and Environmental Sciences (MEES) program; Life Sciences (GPILS); Ecology/Conservation and Wildlife/Fisheries; etc.
- UMCES has 4 research laboratories across Maryland. It has 1 residence hall on-campus, and off-campus housing options are also offered to the students.
UMCES Admission Process
Admission Requirements –
- Transcripts, LOR, SOP
- Test Scores - GRE
- English Proficiency Test Score –
- TOEFL – 550 (paper test); 80 (iBT)
- IELTS – 7.0
- Application Fee – N/A
- Application Deadline – Rolling
UMCES Cost of Attendance
|Expense||Cost in USD|
|Tuition and Fees||22,570|
|Books and Supplies||1,250|
|Room and Board||14,318|
|Other Expenses Budget||1,444|