Queens University of Charlotte: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Queens University of Charlotte is a private university located in Charlotte, North Carolina that was established in 1857. The institute provides the students with a well- rounded education and real-world experience and is thus a renowned name in the US Education System. Situated in one of the fastest-growing metro areas of the city Charlotte, The institute provides a meaningful student-teacher relationship since every class at the institute consists of merely 14 students on an average.
Around 2,463 students are enrolled in the university, out of which 1,733 are undergraduate students and rest are graduate students. The university accepted 65% of the applicants in Fall 2019 and 15% of the accepted students enrolled in the university. During Fall 2019, 50% of the students were international applicants seeking to study in the USA.
Admissions at Queens University of Charlotte are available at undergraduate and graduate level with many top courses such as Liberal Arts, Business, communication, nursing and health. It also comprises six colleges namely- the College of Arts and Sciences, the McColl School of Business, the Wayland H. Cato, Jr. School of Education, the James L. Knight School of Communication, and the Andrew Blair College of Health.
Queens University of Charlotte Rankings
The Queen’s University of Charlotte has been ranked by some of the reputed agencies. A snapshot of the same is given below:
|#401-500th||US College Rankings||Times Higher Education||2021|
|#13||Regional Universities South||US News and World Report||2021|
|#7||Best Colleges for Veterans||US News and World Report||2021|
|#8||Best Undergraduate Teaching||US News and World Report||2021|
|Type of university||Private|
|Location||Charlotte, North Carolina, USA|
|Total Number of Students Enrolled||2,463|
|Total Number of Undergraduate Students||1,733|
|Average SAT score||1080 - 1220|
|Average ACT score||21 - 26|
|Retention Rate (Full- time students)- Fall 2019||75%|
|Overall Graduation Rate (Fall 2013)||59%|
|English language proficiency score||Required|
|Financial aid||Scholarships/ Grants/ Loans/ Work-Study|
Queens University of Charlotte Campus
- The campus of the university is settled in the historic neighborhood of Myers Park in the city of Charlotte with a campus size of 95 acres.
- The location of the campus offers students a wide range of internship and research opportunities due to its setting in the city's thriving business center.
- At Queen's University students can join any of the groups as it has more than 60 organizations and clubs for students based on their interest.
- Near the university campus there is a sports complex spread in 65 acres is one of the largest athletic venues in the area.
- The Queens campus has a coffee shop and big dining hall space within the campus.
- There is Levine centre for wellness and recreation offering a swimming pool, yoga, jogging track and dance studio for students recreation.
- Several buildings are situated on the campus including the statue of Rex at the Queens Sports Complex and the Levine Center of Health and Wellness.
- A large number of events such as Boar's Head Banquet and Yule Log Ceremony, Casino Night and Spring Carnival are also held at the campus.
Queens University of Charlotte Housing facilities/Residence
- Queens University of Charlotte offers students an on campus residence facility.
- There are eight residence halls including Hayes Residence Hall, Hall Brown Overcash Hall (HBO), Wireman Residence Hall, Barnhart Residence Hall etc.
- All the residence halls are fully furnished with movable furniture, have heating and AC units in each room and provide free laundry services and Wi-Fi Internet.
- There is Gaming Wifi, Ethernet, spectrum cable, micro-fridge and various other facilities available in every room.
- The cost of the microwave, micro-fridge, cable television and wireless internet are included in the housing cost.
- The university also provides residential places to the students enrolled in a summer internship.
- Dine on-campus facility is also available at the university.
- Some of the off campus facilities are also available in the USA.
Queens University of Charlotte Courses
- It offers 42 Majors and 63 Minors, 11 Master's Programs, and 20 Graduate Certificate Programs through its 6 Schools and Colleges.
- Areas of study include Arts and Design, Business, Communication, Education, Health And Sport Sciences, Humanities, Languages, Science, Maths, Social Sciences And International Studies, Politics
- It offers around 151 programs on the campus in 6 colleges, online, and BA Psychology in a hybrid format.
- The most popular majors at the Queens University of Charlotte include: Health Professions, Business, Management, Marketing, Biological, and Biomedical Sciences; Communication, Journalism, and Visual and Performing Arts.
- The university additionally offers 6 types of study abroad programs where students get an opportunity to learn and live in another country. It has 55+ countries in the ISEP partnership.
- 5 master’s and 12 certificate programs are available online
Top programs offered by the university with their annual fees (in USD) are tabulated below:
|Online MBA||USD 41,940|
|MA in Communication||USD 26,520|
|Master’s of Health Administration||USD 28,044|
|MSc in Nursing||USD 21,164|
|Master’s of Education||USD 13,770|
Queen University of Charlotte Application Process
The following is information regarding admission to the university.
How to apply?
Application Deadlines: The application deadlines for Spring 2021 admissions are tabulated below:
|Admission decision||Application deadline|
|Early decision deadline||November 1, 2020|
|Early action deadline||December 1, 2020|
|Secondary early action deadline||February 1, 2021|
|Regular decision deadline||March 1, 2021|
Basic Admission Requirements
- Transcripts of High school or UG degree are required.
- Transcripts must be accompanied with English translations.
- 1 or more Letters of recommendation are required.
- A 250- word essay has to be written and submitted.
- English proficiency exam scores required are TOEFL (IBT) - 79 or IELTS - 6.0 bands. A student can appear in any of them.
- The minimum standardized test scores required are SAT – 480 or ACT – 18.
- Students seeking admission in the graduate programs may be requested to submit their GMAT or GRE exam scores. This will strengthen the student's overall profile and the student may qualify for a scholarship.
- Financial documents are required.
- Two letters of recommendation (LOR)
- Admission Interviews
Queens University of Charlotte Cost of Attendance
The distribution of expenses in the form of an estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US for the term of 2020- 21 are tabulated below:
|Full-Time Comprehensive Tuition||USD 35,998 per year|
|Overload Per Credit Hour over 20||USD 492per credit hour|
|Orientation fee||USD 150|
|Residential General Fee||USD 566|
|Commuter General Fee||USD 468|
|Books & Supplies||1,000|
|Personal||3,000 - 4,000|
Queens University of Charlotte Financial Aid
- About 98% of the enrolled students receive financial aid to help fund their education.
- A number of scholarships for international students to study in the USA offered by the institute include university scholarships as well as external scholarships.
- Merit scholarships do not require any additional application and all applicants are automatically considered for it.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) and AP Capstone Scholarships are offered to students who have an International Baccalaureate Diploma or an AP Capstone Innovative Diploma.
- Athletic scholarships, Legacy Scholarships, CPCC Presidential Scholarship are some other options for the students.
- December 1 is the application deadline for The Presidential Scholarship, Trustee Scholarship, The Cato School of Education Fellows, The James L. Knight School of Communication Scholarships, The McColl School of Business Case Scholarships and The Reece A. Overcash Scholarships for Humanities, Math, Science, and Technology.
- The Alumni Association of Queens is committed to encouraging and sustaining the engagement of alumni with the university.
- Alumni can avail of the services of the Vandiver Career Centre for Development. For free.
- Under the Refer a Royal Program, alumni can refer any student to the university for admission and the student will be eligible for a scholarship of USD 1000.
- Alumni can attend the various events and programs conducted on campus.
- Some of the notable alumni are: Betsy Byars (Children’s book author), Chuck Wendig (Star Wars graphic novelist), Vi Lyles (Mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina), Peter Reinhart (Baker), and Jon Lindsay (American recording artist)
Queens University of Charlotte Placements
- The university provides internships and career programs. Career development resources include Mock Interviews, Networking, and Career Events, Online Job boards, Personal Career Advising, and Alumni Mentoring.
- 100% of undergraduates completed internships, 97% undergraduates received employment in 2019. 88% found a job within 6 months of graduation.
- The annual return on investment is 4.4% and the early-career salary on average is USD 51,100.
- The average salary of graduates is USD 60,103 per year as stated by PayScale.
According to Payscale following is the average salary of Queen's University graduates by job designation:
|Job Role||Average Salary (USD)|
|Master Data Analyst||55,000|
Ques. Which majors are popular at the Queens University of Charlotte?
Ans. The most popular majors at the Queens University of Charlotte include: Health Professions, Business, Management, Marketing, Biological, and Biomedical Sciences; Communication, Journalism, and Visual and Performing Arts.
Ques. How much do Queens University of Charlotte programs cost?
Ans. The undergraduate tuition fee was USD 35,720 for 2020 and the graduate tuition fee was USD 14,390.
Ques. What is the required GPA for the Queen’s University of Charlotte?
Ans. Students must have higher grades to get admission to the university. The average GPA was 3.57 last year on a 4.0 scale.
Ques. How many letters of recommendation needed for undergraduate admission?
Ans. Students can submit one or more recommendation letters from a teacher, guidance counselor.
Ques. Is the Queen’s University of Charlotte test-optional?
Ans. Yes. Applicants may choose whether to submit SAT or ACT scores or not. It will not affect their application.
Ques. How hard is it to get into the university?
Ans. The university is selective. Last year the acceptance was 65%. Out of 3,419 applicants, 2,230 were admitted to the university. If all requirements meet, then the chances of getting admission will be high.
Ques. Is the Queens University of Charlotte accredited?
Ans. It is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to offer associate, bachelors, and master’s degrees.
Ques. What is the average salary of Queen’s University of Charlotte graduates?
Ans. The average salary of graduates is USD 60,103 per year as stated by PayScale.
Ques. What are the sports facilities at the university?
Ans. The athletic club of the Queen’s University of Charlotte takes the identity of the Queen’s royals and supports their team through their mascot Rex. Queens is a member of the NCAA's Division II program.
Ques. Does the university provide placement services to its students?
Ans. The university provides internships and career programs. Career development resources include Mock Interviews, Networking, and Career Events, Online Job boards, Personal Career Advising, and Alumni Mentoring.
Find a Program
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
The program for my preferred course of study was a good one and the location and general atmosphere of the campus and city were to my liking.
Course Curriculum :
I haven't been given any research experience yet but the syllabus varies and the courses offered are of a wide variety. They cover many topics and thus, make it easy for me to pick what I'm most interested in.
A close cousin of mine had graduated 2 years before I took admission. So I knew what I was getting myself into. I knew that there were many aids given to deserving students, which was also one of the reasons I decided to take admission here. I applied online and paid $80 as an application fee.
Course Curriculum :
My subjects included Nutrition, Mental Health Nursing, Child Care Nursing, Anatomy, Medical-Surgical Nursing. My curriculum taught us skills like the ability to relate to and empathize with a range of people which is very important in our profession.
An MBA in the USA was a dream for me. It was my two years of hard struggle and perseverance because of which I got enrolled in this college. Although I searched for many different colleges too, my priority was for this university as one of my friends did his MBA from this university. After his suggestion, I applied for this college through the university portal and paid $75 as an application fee.
Course Curriculum :
I saw a transformation in me in my first year of the MBA itself. The transformation within me was both personal and professional, and this transformation is all because of the course curriculum of my university. In my first year, I studied core subjects of business administration, like accounting statistics, and finance. The course is highly competitive in nature which helped me to gather practical knowledge in my study period.
After taking admission to the Queen's University of Charlotte I had many opportunities to travel around the U.S. with the help of money donated from alumni. I was part of the Transantarctic Vertebrate Paleontology Project, under the able guidance of Mr. Easterwood.
Course Curriculum :
My opinion on the course curriculum is that the course is more self-explanatory that makes it easier for us to understand. Projects are also part of the curriculum. Every semester we are required to submit the project allocated to us.
After deciding the course to pursue, I applied to various courses offering Dentistry in my home country. But unfortunately, I could not qualify for any of them so I tried in the USA colleges. There I got selected at The Queens University of Charlotte. The university offered me the opportunity to begin clinical placements from year 1 of the course. If I am able to victoriously complete the program, I can apply for practice as a dentist in the UK.
Course Curriculum :
I am taught a very well designed course. Foundations of clinical practice including the biomedical and behavioral sciences as well as the principles of dental patient management and dental health are undertaken.
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
- Train Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary