Presbyterian College Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
The College received 2462 applications in fall 2018. The acceptance rate observed for this term was 69%. In total 107 programs are offered at the college. The college has test-optional admissions. The admissions are invited for the fall and spring semester.
- Applications can be made online with PC Admissions Portal or Common Application Portal.
- International applicants must submit their visa, English proficiency scores and credential evaluation from any of the approved evaluators in time.
- Letter of recommendation, resume, and a personal essay are required for admissions at the college.
- Applications for international applicants are accepted throughout the year. (Rolling Admissions). However, domestic applicants are offered early action and regular decision admission deadlines.
|Application Portal||Common Application Portal|
PC Admissions Portal
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||NIL|
|Average SAT Score||1010 - 1220|
|Average ACT Score||22 - 28|
|Mode of Payment||Cash / Personal Check / Money Order / Online Payment|
|Intake Seasons||Spring / Fall / Summer|
|Financial Aid||Grants, Scholarships, Work study|
Presbyterian College, USA Admission Deadlines
All applicants are advised to apply before given deadlines to be considered for admission:
|Early Decision||November 1|
|Early Action||November 15|
|Regular Decision||February 1|
|Early Action||December 15|
|Regular Decision||March 1|
|For International Students:||Rolling Admission|
Presbyterian College, USA International Student Admissions
For international applicants, apart from slight variations, the application process remains almost similar. However, additional requirements are to be fulfilled. The details of additional requirements, the visa process, and ELP scores are mentioned below:
Admission Requirements for International Students
- Official transcripts from previous schools & colleges
- English translations of transcripts, if required
- Sent directly to the Office of Admissions of the University.
- Proof of ELP
- Letters of recommendation.
- An Essay and short answer on given topics.
- Presbyterian College offers conditional acceptance for International students where in case a student has met academic qualifications yet failed to meet English language scores, the applicant can still receive Form I-20 with conditional acceptance. However, once the English scores are achieved from an alternate language instruction academy, Form I-20 needs to be gathered from there.
English Proficiency Test Score
Accepted minimum scores required to demonstrate English proficiency for international students given by the university is given below.
|Test||Minimum required score|
Visa Process for International Students
- Form I-20 will be emailed from the college within two weeks of acceptance
- Form DS-2019 need to be acquired from the sponsoring agency as the college does not issue DS-2019.
- Applicants will need to provide the following documents to receive the Form I-20:
- Copy of passport
- Statement of willingness
- Complete the required financial document
- Applicants then need to apply for the F-1 or J-1 visa with the following details.
- Submit the form and pay the application fee.
- Official acceptance letter from the college.
- Proof of intention to return to the homeland after completing the course.
- Proof of financial stability.
- Visa Fee
- SEVIS I-901 Fee payment receipt
- Schedule and attend the visa interview
Presbyterian College, USA Undergraduate Admissions
Presbyterian College, USA offers more than 40 undergraduate programs to all the applicants under various departments including Arts, Biology, Chemistry, Economics, English, Computer Science, Music, International Studies, Pre-Health Science courses, etc. The basic admission process for all the courses is the same.
Where to Apply: Presbyterian College Application portal
Application Fee: NIL
Admission Requirements: Applicants must provide the following documents at the time of admission:
- High school diploma / Equivalent transcript from an approved credit evaluation agency.
- SAT/ACT scores
- Essay and short application
- Completed Application form
- Proof of ELP for international applicants
Presbyterian College, USA School of Pharmacy Admissions
Presbyterian College, USA offers Pre-pharmacy courses. Apart from the generic requirements for admissions given in the guidelines, additional requirements for the courses are:
- Each candidate must have completed specific sets of pre-pharmacy courses to be considered for the course
- Pre-Pharmacy GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Pharmacy College Admission Test (No minimum Score)
- Written Communication Skills
- Volunteerism, Leadership and Professional Exploration – Supplemental application forms for this purpose will have to be filled in by the candidates and the responses are given will be valued.
- Two professional/academic letters of recommendation.
- Interview Results.
Presbyterian College, USA Physician Assistant Studies
Presbyterian College, USA offers physician assistant courses are very competitive. Certain specific requirements need to be met by all the applicants by July 31st to be considered for admission.
- A Baccalaureate degree from an accredited University from the US with Science and an overall GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- GRE in the last five years.
- Applicants are required to have a minimum of 250 hours of observing or participating in delivering healthcare services in a clinical environment.
- Three references:
- A licensed healthcare practitioner.
- A university professor or similar
- Any other professional with similar work experience.
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
The university’s admission office reviews each application holistically and applications are processed not just on the qualifications or scores presented, but based on the individual growth of the applicant and the way they have challenged themselves. The Program Director reviews each application and makes decisions regarding the same.