Mississippi University for Women (MUW) is public coeducation university located in Columbus, Mississippi, United States. Established in 1884, it has been ranked among top 20 Southern regional University, and also best in terms of value.
|University Type||Public Coeducational|
|UG Application Portal||Official website|
|Annual Endowment||USD 43.8 million|
|Student Retention Rate||59%|
|Mode of Programs||Full time; Online|
|Campus Housing Capacity||665|
|Annual Cost of Attendance||USD 28,942|
|Admission Helpdesk||877-462-8439 email@example.com|
Programs, Campus & Residence
- The university offers over 50 undergraduate majors and 11 graduate programs through its 4 colleges.
- The most popular majors are - Nursing, Business Administration, Kinesiology, Elementary Education, Public Health Education, Culinary Arts, Biology, Speech Pathology, Psychology, etc.
- The university has 6 residence halls which provide on-campus housing to around 665 students.
Mississippi University for Women Admission Process
Admission Requirements –
- Transcripts, LOR, SOP
- Test Scores - SAT/ACT/GMAT/GRE
- English Proficiency Test Score –
- TOEFL – 550 (paper test); 213 (computer test); 79 (iBT)
- IELTS – 6.0
- PTE – 53
- Application Fee – USD 25
- Intake Season – Fall semester – May 1; Spring semester – October 1; Summer semester – March/April 1
- Additional Requirements – Resume; Proof of financial support and immunization
Applications from international students for both the undergraduate and graduate programs on the official website.
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aids
- 58% students receive some form of financial aid from the college.
- The average need based scholarship offered to students is of USD 10,521.
Mississippi University for Women Cost of Attendance
|Expense||Cost in USD|
|Books and Supplies||1,500|
|Room and Board||6,808|
|Other Expenses Budget||4,000|