Wabash College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1832, Wabash College is one of the three all men colleges left in the country (the other two being Morehouse in Atlanta and Hampden-Sydney in Virginia). It is a private liberal arts college offering only a Bachelor of Arts degree to men who want to study in the USA.
The National Survey of Student Engagement listed Wabash College #1 in five different categories, which range from “level of academic challenge” to “enriching educational experiences” and “supportive campus environments.”
Wabash has a total student enrollment of 882 and was ranked 53 in the 2020 edition of Best Colleges in the National Liberal Arts College. Each year, approximately 275 freshmen students from around 33 states and about 18 foreign countries enroll at Wabash. Wabash College is located in Crawfordsville, Indiana; which is 45 miles (72.4kms) northwest of Indianapolis, the capital of Indiana and 150 miles (241.4kms) southeast of Chicago.
Wabash College Rankings
- According to U.S News and World Reports 2020, Wabash College ranks
- #53 among the top National Liberal Arts Colleges in America.
- #12 nationally as the Best Value School.
- According to Forbes, Wabash College has ranked
- #280 Top Colleges 2019
- #184 in Private Colleges
- #96 in Liberal Art Universities.
|Year of Establishment||1832|
|College Type||Private; all men|
|Programs offered||UG- Bachelor of Arts degree|
|Current Number of Students||882|
|Duration of Program||4 years|
|Students receiving financial aid||99%|
|Endowment||325 million USD|
Programs/ Courses offered at wabash College
Students in Wabash get to choose from 24 majors and several minors offered by the institution at the undergraduate level leading to a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree. All the majors are divided into three divisions areas:
- Science & Mathematics – includes the departments of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Computer Science, and Physics.
- Humanities & Fine Arts – includes departments of Arts, Classics, English, Modern Languages and Literatures, Music, Philosophy, Religion, Rhetoric, and Theatre.
- Social Sciences – includes the departments of Economics, History, Political Science, Psychology and Education Studies Program.
Some of the most popular majors at Wabash include Economics, History, Political Science, Psychology, and Rhetoric.
Wabash also offers several co-curricular initiatives like WabashX in Global Health, Democracy and Public Discourse, The Centre for Innovation, Business and Entrepreneurship, and Digital Arts and Human Values. These activities will prepare the students in a better way for their graduate schools or even for their respective careers.
Wabash College is built on a 94-acre campus located in Crawfordsville, Indiana. With thirteen campus buildings, Wabash has made sure that every building is renovated or are brand new as of the last decade.
When it comes to facilities, Wabash College keeps in mind everything required by a student. This includes Athletics and Recreation center for all the athletic junkies, Student Health Centre, etc. The Princeton College Review Guide ranks the athletic facilities of Wabash College among the top 20 in the nation every year.
Accommodation/ Housing at Wabash College
Wabash College is a residential college with student housing options such as College housing, dormitories or one of the fraternity houses. Wabash students get to choose between eight independent residence halls and ten national fraternities. The students are required to live on campus throughout the course (barring a few exceptions).
The residence halls include College Hall, Martindale Hall, Morris Hall, Rogge Hall, Williams Hall, Wolcott Hall, Butler Townhome and Seymour Townhome. These residence halls offer single-man rooms to doubles, triples, and quads with common social areas and laundry facilities. Students residing in the residence halls eat at the Sparks Center and have to choose between two meal plans (19 or 15 meals per week).
Wabash College Application Process
Application: Students can fill the admission application online through Wabash Application or through Common Application.
Application Fee: There is no application fee for international students.
Application Deadlines: The early application deadline at Wabash College is November 1, Early Action Deadline is December 1 and the Regular Admission Deadline is January 15.
Admission Requirements: For admissions at Wabash College, applicants must fulfill the following requirements for admission:
- Secondary school academic transcripts
- International Secondary School Report completed by the counselor
- Standardized exam scores to study in the USA (ACT/SAT)
- English language proficiency- TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo scores
- Recommendations from two teachers (optional)
- International Student Financial Aid Application (pdf)
Cost of Attendance
The table below shows the total cost of attendance for Fall 2020-Spring 2021. These charges also includes the estimated expenses for books, travel and other personal expenses that a student has to incur while studying at Wabash College.
|Expenses||Amount (in USD)|
|Student Activities Fee||450|
|Health Centre Fee||400|
|Room and Board||10,900|
|Personal Expenses (estimated)||1,950|
|Travel Expenses (estimated)||550|
Financial Aid for International Students at Wabash College
Keeping in mind the affordability issues faced by students, Wabash College offers scholarships and awards for both its national and international students. A few of the financial aid awarded to international students are as follows:
Trustee International Scholarships- This scholarship includes two merit-based scholarship awards.
- It covers the total direct cost of the four-year attendance including tuition fees and on-campus room and board. However, it does not cover personal health insurance fees.
- The scholarship award is renewable up to eight semesters and required good academic progress.
- All the applicants who have submitted their admission application before February 15, 2020 will be reviewed for this scholarship award.
Presidential International Scholarship- It is a merit-based scholarship.
- The award amount starts at 30,000 USD per year.
- It is awarded based on the strength of the applicant’s application. The scholarship award is renewable up to eight semesters and required good academic progress.
- Priority is given to applicants who submit their admission application by February 1, 2020.
Need-Based Financial Aid- To apply for this scholarship, the candidate needs to provide complete financial information (i.e. income, savings, etc) for the college to assess the application.
- The need-based package may include campus employment, limited number of grants and need-based scholarships that can be awarded.
- Other Financial Aid Options- International students at Wabash College can apply for other international scholarships offered to finance their studies in the USA. Students can also apply for education loans in their respective home countries.
Wabash College offers an alumni eService portal to stay in touch with all its alumni. Apart from this, the alumni is also able to stay in touch with their professors and teachers lifelong. Future Wabash men are also benefited when recruited by the Alma Mater.
Wabash College has produced some very notable alumni, including:
- Andrea James: a right activist, film producer, and blogger
- Ward Lambert: an American basketball and baseball coach
Find a Program
Application Portal :https://www.wabash.edu/admissions/apply
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
I found about this college from my elder sister who goes there. I also received some information about the college through the internet. I had filled an online application form through the official website of the college. There was an application fee of around $50 paid by me.
Course Curriculum :
The program was knowledge-based. I had developed an understanding of scientific methodology; to develop skills in using scientific reasoning to interpret psychological phenomena. I had acquired various skills such as critical thinking and communication.I had learned a lot through my program.
I always wanted to study in a small, good, and affordable college. My elder brother had suggested this college to me. The application process was totally online. My good percentage in class 12th helped me in getting admission there. I had filled an application form through the common application portal which was absolutely free.
Course Curriculum :
The course was just amazing. I had mastered a wide variety of philosophical, technical, logical, computer, and quantitative skills. I had also learned to communicate effectively. My program was a rigorous, challenging curriculum that emphasizes economic theory and focuses on how economists view the world.
The reason for joining this college is its bachelor of arts courses. The college specializes in arts courses and I absolutely loved the course on mathematics. I liked mathematics from a very young age and I absolutely loved its curriculum. There is no application fee required for online admission.
Course Curriculum :
The course takes the students to a lot of depth in the field of mathematics. It is a four-year course that prepares the students for both higher studies or corporate careers and jobs. The course of the Wabash College is ranked very high in the country.
This college was referred to me by a friend of mine who studied here but left because his father died whilst studying here. He told me all about the benefits which this college can offer to me and the field of study I was interested in. Also, no application fee was charged for filling up the application form from Wabash College Online application.
Course Curriculum :
I had opted for a Bachelors's degree in Mathematics and Computer Science which is quite fascinating as of yet. Most of the reviews I've heard from all of my classmates from universities in my home town were not up to the mark therefore the decision to come here rightly pointed to me being correct. The majors and minors in Computer Science totally match their real-life experiences. The laboratory facilities are exceptionally good and all the official computers are secured with high encryption with all the latest software.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary