Agnes Scott College Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
As a liberal arts college exclusively for women, Agnes Scott received 1,625 applications for the class of 2022, of which only 1,137 were accepted. 28% of total accepted students enrolled with the college. The top majors of the class of 2018 were Psychology, Neuroscience, Business Management, Public Health, History, English-Creative Writing, Political Science, Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Studio Art, and Mathematics.
- Undergraduates can apply through the Common Application Portal. PG applicants can apply through University Admission Portal
- There is no application fee for admissions.
- The college has Early Decision, Early Action and Regular Decision Deadlines for application.
- Applicants who apply by the Early Action deadlines are considered for merit scholarships.
- International applicants may choose not to submit either SAT or ACT scores. However, their application should include an InitialView video interview as an alternative assessment criterion.
|Application Portal||UG: Common Application|
PG: University Admission Portal
|Average SAT Range||1110 – 1300|
|Average ACT Range||23 – 29|
|Undergraduate Tuition||42,360 USD|
Agnes Scott College Admission Deadlines
Applicants can apply to only one college during Early Decision. International applicants can also apply for early decision deadlines.
|Early Decision*||November 1|
|Early Action I||November 15|
|Early Action II||January 15|
|Regular Admission||March 15|
|Fall Priority Admission||April 15|
|Fall Regular Admission||May 15|
|Spring Priority Admission||September 15|
|Spring Regular Admission||October 15|
|Spring Final Admission||November 5|
Agnes Scott College International Admissions
Currently five percent international applicants enrolled with the university for fall 2018. The admission requirements for international applicants varies slightly from resident applicants. The details of the additional information international applicants need to provide while applying at Agnes Scott College are mentioned below:
Admission Requirements for International Students
- Online application through Common Application
- Supporting Documents
- Agnes Scott Supplement
- Teacher Evaluation Form
- Secondary School Report (and International School Supplement)
- Official High School Transcript in English
- Midyear report
- SAT/ACT Test Scores or InitialView Interview
- SAT code: 5002
- ACT code: 0780
- Certification of Finances
- Copy of Passport Biographical Page/ National ID Card
English Language Requirements
TOEFL, IELTS or CAE scores are accepted by the college. The minimum requirements for UG and PG programs are the same. Following is a table demonstrating the English proficiency requirements for International students:
Other ways to demonstrate English proficiency:
|ELS||Level 12 Certificate|
|SAT Verbal/ ACT English||520/20|
Visa Process for International Applicants
All the International students who want to study at the Agnes Scott College have to apply for F-1 visa. Form I-20 from the College can be received after the college has accepted the applicants. Applicants must submit the following documents for receiving the form:
- Valid Passport
- Financial Information
- After obtaining the Form I-20 from the College, the applicant needs to complete the I-20 and pay the SEVIS I-901 fee.
- After the payment of fee, schedule the visa interview with embassy.
- General documents to take for the visa interview:
- Passport (valid for at least six months ahead)
- Original Application Form
- Official Admission Letter and completed I-20 Form
- Completed and signed visa application form
- Proof of permanent address outside the U.S.
- Two Passport-size photographs (2”x2")
- Receipt of SEVIS I-901 fee payment.
- Proof of funding sufficient to cover your tuition and living expenses.
Agnes Scott College Undergraduate Admission
Where to apply: Common Application Portal
- Undergraduate application is via Common App that includes the Agnes Scott Supplement, Teacher evaluation, Secondary school report, International School Supplement, Official High school transcript, Midyear report.
- SAT/ACT Test Scores or InitialView Interview
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Certificate of finances and Identification page of Passport/ National ID Card
- Core subject requirements:
- 4-years of English
- 2-years of a foreign language
- 3-years of mathematics (algebra I, algebra II and geometry)
- 2-years of a laboratory science (biology, chemistry or physics)
- 2-years of a social science
Graduate Admission Requirements
The college offers a limited number of graduate programs in applied technology, social innovation, data visualization, and Writing & Digital Communication. The requirements for admission to these graduate courses are the same. The admission procedure and requirements are mentioned below:
Where to apply: University Admission Portal
- Official undergraduate transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Professional Resume/CV
- GRE scores are not required
- Writing Sample (for Writing and Digital Communication program)
- Identification Page of Passport, for international applicants
- ELP scores
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.00+ is recommended for graduate admission into Agnes Scott.
- Departmental Requirements
- A professional resume showcasing full-time/ part-time positions, internships, and/or volunteer work undertaken.
- A statement of purpose describing the reason for applying at Agnes Scott, current and future career goals and how the program sought is expected to help achieve those goals. Highlighting relevant professional, academic and personal experiences that led to the application decision is encouraged.
- Two letters of either academic or professional recommendation, submitted via mail by the recommender.
All graduate application material to be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to Celeste Whitman, Agnes Scott College, Office of Admission, 141 E. College Ave., Decatur, GA 30030
Undergraduate application is evaluated on the basis of Academic GPA, Talent/Ability and Personal Qualities/ Character. International applicants receive their Acceptance letters along with candidate's reply and I-20 request forms via email within May 1. The forms and a deposit of 500 USD are to be sent to the Office of Admission within the due date in order to confirm enrolment. Early decisions are binding in nature and only the students prioritizing Agnes Scott College should apply by early decision deadlines.