Master of Engineering [M.Eng] (Mechanical Engineering)
Field of Study
International Student Tution
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must have a bachelor's degree in related fields from an accredited institution to get admission in this program.
- Students required an average grade of 3.4.
- Students whose official language is not English are required to submit IELTS or TOEFL scores.
- The MEng in Mechanical Engineering program at Duke University is a duration of 1.5-2 years.
- This program is offered on a full-time basis.
- The program consists of :
- 2 Industry preparation courses
- 5 Courses in your area of study
- 3 Elective courses
- 1 Internship
- The program will deepen students understanding of technology and help them to develop the business leadership and management expertise they need to succeed in their careers.
- The program gives a unique combination of advantages that only Duke can offer:
- Interdisciplinary training in engineering
- The flexible, individualized curriculum combined with a required industry internship
- Three-semester study plans without a thesis
- Excellent career outcomes
- This program preparing students to seek a career in the industry or enter a doctoral program.
- The student-faculty ratio of this college is 8:1.
- The average salary goes up to 78,000 USD after completing this program.
- The Graduation rate of Duke University is 95%
- The acceptance rate of Duke University is 9%.
- Duke University is ranked #42 in QS Global World Rankings 2021.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||60169 for 1-1.5 yearor 30 Credits Program|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Mar 15)|
|Admission Intake||spring (Deadline - Oct 1)|
Required Document List
The following Documents are required to attend this program:
- Statement of Purpose: An essay or other written statement written by the student.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and/or volunteer experience.
- Academic Documents: Submit copies of official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended.
- Sample of written work: Student has to write something interesting as their sample essay in the application form.
- Three confidential letters of recommendation: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics, and that references should submit along with the application system.
- Tests Score statement: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL.
|fall||Mar 15, 2022|
|spring||Oct 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Books and Supplies||$624|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
QS World University 2020
Ranked #51 / 500
Mechanical Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|Collegedunia $150 Scholarship Program||$150||Yes||N/A|
|Go Clean Scholarship||$3500||Yes||Dec 31, 2020|
|Ellis R. Ott Scholarship for Applied Statistics and Quality Management||Variable||Yes||Apr 1, 2020|
|AAUW International Fellowships||Variable||Yes||Nov 15, 2020|
VISA & Work Study
- Students can apply for different types of visas such as B-1, B-2, F-1, H-1B, J-1, O-1, TN, and E-3.
- Citizens for Canada and Bermuda do not require a visa to enter the U.S., but must be able to present the appropriate visa documentation at the port of entry. F-1 and J-1 students and scholars must also pay a SEVIS fee at the port of entry.
- Students enrolled in classes are allowed to work no more than 19.9 hours per week. Student employees the number of hours that they feel comfortable working given all other obligations of their time.
- The non-enrollment student is permitted to work up to 39.9 hours per week. Periods of non-enrollment include summer vacations and spring break.
- Graduate students are permitted to work up to 19.9 hours a week during periods of enrollment.
Career and Placement after Course
After completing this program, students have the following job opportunities:
- Mechanical Engineer
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Senior Electrical Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Product Engineer
- Senior Chemical Engineer