Hampden-Sydney College is a private liberal arts undergraduate college located in Hampden Sydney, Virginia, United States. Established in 1775, it is an all men college and one among the only four ones. It is also the oldest college chartered privately in the southern USA and 10th oldest college in the country.
Programs, Campus & Residence
- The college offers 27 majors and 24 minors at undergraduate level in a wide variety of field of study.
- The most popular majors are – Business/Managerial Economics; Economics; Biology/Biological Sciences; History; and English Language and Literature.
- The college has a campus of 1,200 acres with 3 residence halls accommodating 95% of the student population on-campus.
Hampden-Sydney College Admission Process
Applications must be submitted through either the Common Application or on the official website.
|Requirements||Transcripts, LOR, SOP|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS|
|Application Fee||USD 30|
|Intake Season||Fall – March 1|
|Additional Requirements||Copy of passport; proof of financial support|
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aids
|Expense||Cost in USD|
|Tuition and Fees||45,852|
|Room and Board||13,558|
|Books and Supplies||1,000|
- The college offers financial aid to 66% of its students.
- The average need based financial aid offered is of the amount USD 29,908.