Trinity College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Located in Hartford, Connecticut, Trinity College is a private institute offering an array of courses in liberal arts at the ranging levels of undergraduate and graduate. Renowned as a coveted name in the US Education System, the institute was established in 1823 as Washington College and was later renamed as Trinity in 1845.
It is the second oldest institute in the state which currently holds some 2000 students and an academic staff of 267. The college provides around 38 majors and 26 minors to choose from with an alternative of self-designing one’s curriculum. It is also a member of the New England Small College Athletic Conference and thus maintains a perfect balance between education and entertainment.
Admissions at Trinity College are offered round the year in three rounds of early decision I and II and the final deadline. The institute is a highly selective and competitive college go get into with an acceptance rate of merely 34%. It, however also ranks as one of the top 22% universities in the world for employability as per the survey results of QS global rankings and is thus one of the favored choices for international students to study in the USA
- On the national level Trinity College has been ranked at 87th position by Times/WSJ.
- Forbes magazine places Trinity College at 109th place in the USA.
- In the category of Liberal Arts College, Trinity is ranked at 46th place by US News & World Report.
- Washington Monthly ranks Trinity College at 23rd place in the list of Liberal Arts Colleges in the USA.
|Application Portal||Common Application; Official website|
|Annual Endowment||USD 577 million|
|Mode of Programs||Full time|
|English language proficiency tests||TOEFL or equivalent|
|Application Fee||65 USD (not applicable for first-generation students)|
|Work-Study Program||Available for international students|
|Financial Aid||Available as Scholarships and Awards|
|Admission Helpdesk||860-297-2180| email@example.com|
Programs, Campus and Accommodation
The institute offers a plethora of undergraduate and graduate courses for international students which includes 41 majors that include Anthropology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, etc. and 26 minors namely African American Studies, Ancient Greek, among others.
The College offers three degrees that are B.A., M.A., and B.S. The degree of Masters in Arts is available in a specific field only which is American Studies.
The institute also offers an alternative of creating a major specifically designed for your needs by adding an interdisciplinary or departmental minor. The college is one among the list of liberal arts schools which provides a degree in the field of Engineering.
Top Programs in Trinity College
|Programs||Fees Per Annum|
|Bachelor in Computer Science||$56,380|
|Bachelor in Engineering||$56,380|
|Bachelor in Psychology||$56,380|
|Bachelor in Art History||$56,380|
|Bachelor in Music||$56,380|
The college campus is spread over 100 acres, and the main buildings are Long Walk buildings, the chapel, and the main quadrangle. The Long Walk buildings include the dormitories, the chemistry building (Clement) and Cinestudio, a student-operated movie theatre.
Trinity has 13 sororities, and fraternities and the major ones are Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Chi Rho, and Alpha Delta Phi. The college has 2098 undergraduate students and 91 graduate students from 47 states and 68 countries.
Hartford is the capital of Connecticut and is over 400 years old. It has a population of 125,000. Cities such as Boston and New York are only a couple of hours away.
- Over 1800 students live on the college campus, and it has 23 residential communities to accommodate them.
- The first-year students need to live on-campus in one of the seven dedicated communities.
- Each community has a lounge, a large TV, and a kitchen.
- The first-year community is mixed gender, but the bathrooms are single-gender.
- From the second year onwards, the student will be allotted a residence on the basis of a lottery.
Trinity College Application Process
How to Apply?
Application Portal: Trinity College accepts an online common application.
Application Fee: A fee of 65 USD must be submitted while applying at the college. This fee is waived for first-generation students, both domestic and international.
Basic Admissions Requirements
- The college requires students to possess a diploma from and certification by an accredited secondary school.
- These academic programs should have a minimum of 16 units and include English (four years), Foreign Language (three years), Laboratory Science (two years), Algebra and Geometry (two years and one year respectively), and History (two years).
- The students can also submit optional essays of 250 to 650 on their specific interests at Trinity.
- The college doesn’t require a candidate to submit their SAT or ACT score. However, their applications go through rigorous review before a candidate is selected.
- The international applicants need to appear for either TOEFL or IELTS if they come from a non-English speaking background.
The admissions are done in three phases that are Early Decision I where you need to apply before 15th November. Early Decision II phase has a deadline of 1st January, and the Regular Decision phase ends on 15th January.
Trinity College Cost of Attendance
If you are a prospective applicant hoping to enroll at the institute, it is highly advisable to have a pre idea of the expenses you might be incurring while completing your higher education in a foreign land. Thus, for your aid, an estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US is as compiled below.
|Expense||Cost in USD|
|Room & Board||15,300|
|Books & Supplies||1,000|
- Note that on the basis of average annual income of the family, the student needs to spend around 9900 USD (average income less than 30,000 USD), 10,000 USD (income between 30,000 and 48,000), 11000 USD (income between 48,000 and 75,000 USD), 25,000 USD (income between 75,000 and 110,000 USD) and if the income is more than 110,000 USD the average fees rises to about 45,000 USD.
The institute offers financial support in the form of various awards and scholarships for international students to study in the USA. Around 49% students receive some form of financial aid from the college with the average need based scholarship being nearly USD 47,156.
All international students are eligible for merit-based scholarships that ranges between 5,000 and 27,000 USD per year. There is a need-based financial aid facility that is the most competitive section which requires the applicant to submit CSS Profile for International Students or the International Student Financial Aid Application.
Applicants must note that the college doesn’t offer any athletics scholarships, but offers internships to help the students support themselves financially.
The organization has more than 20,000 people in its alumni network and offers its alumni with a wide range of benefits like travel, scholarships, store discounts, etc. Some of the notable alumni of the college are:
- David Gottesman, the American billionaire, is the founder of First Manhattan Co. and a director of Berkshire Hathaway.
- Sam Kennedy, President and CEO of the Boston Red Sox.
- John S. Phelps, the 23rd and one of the most popular governors of the state of Missouri.
- George Will, Pulitzer Prize winner and a famous journalist and commentator.
- Ernest de Koven Leffingwell, well-known Arctic Explorer, and geologist.
The median earnings after 2 years post graduating from Trinity is around 49,000 USD. This median increases to 66,000 USD after 6 years since graduation.
Two years after graduating, less than 25% of students make less than 30,000 a year, while more than 25% earn in excess of 66,000 USD. This average increases to 42,000 and 94,500 USD after six years from graduation.
Find a Program
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Application Portal :https://www.trincoll.edu/Admissions/apply/
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
After I finished my bachelor's program, I immediately started looking for a good college for my master's. While I wanted the college to be under my budget, I also wanted the college to have a good reputation. That's what my ideal college was for my masters. So, I asked a friend to help me out and then he recommended me the Trinity College. I had to submit my personal information through the online form for which I had to pay $75.
Course Curriculum :
My program is quite simple and yet innovative. It helps us to analyze the program and reach for the solution efficiently and effectively. The course is designed to help us stay happy and motivated at all times. The course includes online sessions, motivational speeches, web seminars, workshops, and group discussions, etc.
I got to know about Trinity College through a friend and I loved the academics, diversity, professors, student life, and everything else about it. I decided to apply online and paid an application fee of $65 for the same. I scored 88% in my high school in the science stream.
Course Curriculum :
The course covered various important topics like introduction to computing, mathematical foundation of computing, data structures, and algorithms, introduction to computer systems, analysis of algorithms, system software, computer networks, etc.
I applied for 2-3 colleges and I got through all of them. But I went to Trinity College. As it is noticeably evolving over the past four years I found it a better option over others. One of my observations is that the students remain both serious and fun-loving. The vicinity of my college is also very good.
Course Curriculum :
My course is all research-based and research-led which challenges us to develop our own critical understanding of the law. We are free to interpret the topic unless and until it is wrong.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary