University of Hawaii at Hilo (UHH) is a liberal arts public university established in 1941. It has an acceptance rate of 71%, for admission.
Programs, Campus and Residence
- About 42 undergraduate, 7 masters and 4 doctoral degree programs under 11 schools are offered at University of Hawaii at Hilo. Some of its popular majors are – Pharmaceutical Science, Marine Biology, Oceanography, Safety Studies, etc.
- The campus of 755 acre offers on-campus housing to students. It includes traditional style residential halls, suite style accommodation along with apartment style building.
University of Hawaii at Hilo Admission Process
|Requirements||Transcripts; SOP; LOR|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS|
|Application fee||USD 50|
|Additional Requirements||Personal and Financial Statement|
|Intake Season||Spring – November 1; Fall – June 1|
How to Apply – Sign up to create a new profile on the official website, to apply for admission to the university.
Cost and Scholarships
Cost of Attendance
Following is a rough estimate of the cost required for attending UHH. The actual cost may vary depending upon housing accommodation and personal expenses:
|Housing and Meal||9,586 USD|
|Personal expenses||3,070 USD|
|Books and Supplies||1,040 USD|
|Medical Insurance||1,500 USD|
- The Federal Pell Grant at UHH, is offered to new students, who pursue full time or half time programs. The maximum grant for 2018-19 is 6,095 USD.
- There also subsidized loans available for students, where the interest rates can be repaid later.
- And finally, the option for part time employment is also give to students, in order to support their education.