Houghton College is a private liberal arts college located in Houghton, New York, United States. Established in 1883, it is an undergraduate, Christian college with affiliations to the Wesleyan Church. It is also a member of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities and the Christian College Consortium.
Programs, Campus & Residence
- The college offers over 60 majors and 24 minors at undergraduate level in a wide variety of field of study.
- The most popular majors are – Business, Management, Marketing; Education; Social Sciences; Biological and Biomedical Sciences; and Communication, Journalism.
- The college has a campus of 120 acres with 6 residence halls accommodating 98% of the student population on-campus.
Houghton College Admission Process
Applications must be submitted through either the Common Application or on the official website.
|Requirements||Transcripts, LOR, SOP|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS|
|Intake Season||Fall – April 1|
|Additional Requirements||Copy of passport; proof of financial support|
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aids
|Expense||Cost in USD|
|Books and Supplies||1,000|
|Room and Board||9,018|
|Other Expenses Budget||2,850|
- The college offers financial aid to 89% of its students.
- The average need based financial aid offered is of the amount USD 14,256.
The college has over 10,000 alumni in its network and provides them with career development services and other benefits.