Master of Engineering [M.Eng] (Computer Science)
Field of Study
International Student Tution
- The MEng in Computer Science at Cornell University is a 1-year program.
- The professional degree of Master in Engineering is for students who interested in the general aspects of computational processes, both theoretical and practical.
- Students have the opportunity to take Concentrations by subject:
- Artificial intelligence
- Computer science
- Programming languages and logics
- Scientific computing and applications
- Theory of computation
- The Graduation rate of Cornell University is 94%.
- The student-faculty ratio of this college is 8:1.
- The acceptance rate of Cornell University is 11%.
- Cornell University is ranked #18 in QS Global World Rankings 2021.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||$ 70800 for 1 year|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Feb 1)|
|Admission Intake||spring (Deadline - Oct 1)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must have a bachelor's degree in engineering or its equivalent to get admission to this program.
- A GPA of 3.34 on a 4.0 scale is required to be eligible for the program.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must complete a 4-year undergraduate degree with first class in a relevant field from a recognized institution
- Or, students completed a master's degree with first-class in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test to get admission to this program.
Required Document List
The following Documents are required to attend this program:
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and volunteer experience.
- Academic Documents: Submit copies of official transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended.
- Two confidential letters of recommendation: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics, and that references should submit along with the application system.
- Tests Score statement: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL, or other test scores.
|fall||Feb 1, 2022|
|spring||Oct 1, 2021|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Books and Supplies||$1332|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
Academy Ranking of World Universities 2020
Ranked #14 / 500
Computer Science and Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|FormSwift Scholarship Program||$ 1000||Yes||Mar 15, 2020|
|BrokerFish International student scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Dec 21, 2020|
|Debesh Kamal Scholarship||$ 1385||Yes||Apr 30, 2020|
|Hani Zeini Scholarship||$ 1000||Yes||Mar 1, 2021|
VISA & Work Study
- International students and scholars should always consult international service advisors at the Office of Global Learning before leaving the U.S to ensure students can return to the U.S. without incident. For example, if students have a single-entry U.S visa and they plan to return to the U.S, they will need to obtain a new U.S visa while they are abroad.
- The most common visa statuses at Cornell are F-1 and J-1 for students and J-1 and H-1B for faculty and staff.
- Students can work as student employees as long as they remain registered full-time in a degree-granting program, enrolled in classes, and have no registration, bursar, or other holds on their Cornell record. Cornell does not place students in jobs.
- If students receive financial aid and are either U.S citizens or eligible non-citizen with financial needs, they may also be eligible for Federal Work-Study (FWS).
- Work-study does not mean students get paid to study, but rather they work in real jobs and earn real money that is students to use toward covering their educational expenses. As work-study students, the amount they are expected to earn from working is listed in their financial aid package.