Cairn University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Cairn University was established in 1913. It is a private university known for its Biblical education and liberal arts studies. Located in Langhorne, Pennsylvania, the University is situated 25 minutes away from Center City Philadelphia which is famous for its Chinatown, Rocky Steps and parks for Kayaking & Hiking. CU offers more than 70 academic programs in Business, Divinity, Education and more. According to its data, 97% of students receive financial aid and 96% get employed within a year of graduation.
- Ranked 126 in Regional Universities North list by US News and World Report, 2020.
- Ranked 35 on the 'Safest College Campuses in America' list by Niche, 2020.
- CU's Online Applied Behaviour Analysis program has been ranked amongst the 'Top 15 Master of Science in Special Education in ABA', by Applied Behavior Analysis Programs Guide, 2018.
- Online Nonprofit Management and leadership degree ranked amongst 'one of the most affordable online courses' Best Value Schools, 2018.
|UG Application Portal||Online/Print|
|Annual Endowment||USD 11.0 million|
|Student Retention Rate||73%|
|Mode of Programs||Full time; Online|
|Campus Housing Capacity||510|
|Annual Cost of Attendance||UG - 37,573 USD|
- Cairn University's Langhorne campus spreads in 113 acres and contains Mason Activity Centre and Smith Administration Building with a Bank, Store, and Diner.
- Core Creek Park, Tyler State Park, and Belmar Beach are just minutes away from the campus.
- CU has a dedicated 'Safe Campus Initiative' with mental and physical support through Oasis Counseling Center and University Health Center.
- Students can participate in leadership and creative clubs like MuKappa, Cairn Track Club, School of Music, etc.
- CU has more than 1,558 students, with about 707 undergraduate ones and 351 graduate ones.
- Cairn University has 6 on-campus residence halls with 5 blocks as Manor Residence Halls and one as Heritage Hall.
- Manor Residence halls are near Mason Activity Centre and have shared suite-style rooms with shared bathrooms and fridge, TV and laundry facilities.
- Heritage Hall is at the main entrance and has suite styles double bedrooms with private bathrooms. A game room is also available.
- Furman Dining Commons and the Highlands are on-campus dining options for CU students. Meal plans are available at 5,330 USD annual rate.
- Off-campus residence requires students to live with parents/guardians. An exemption application form is available in the Spring semester.
- McKendree University offers more than 34 majors and 30 minors and 18 graduate programs in Business, Education, Social Work, and others.
- The most popular programs are Religious Studies, Youth Services, Psychology, and an online MBA.
- CU's online MBA includes a Strategic Planning and Management concentration that requires on-campus training. Students can apply with a 2.5 GPA using this link.
- Students can also go for dual-degree MBA programs with the following degrees- Youth and Ministry, Accounting, Marketing, etc.
- The top-ranked MS in Special Education in ABA requires students to have a 3.0 GPA and a spiritual statement of up to 500 words.
International students seeking admissions at the University can follow the below-mentioned admission details:
- Application Portal: UG- Cairn University Online Undergraduate Application or The Common Application; PG- Cairn University Online Graduate Application.
- There is a 25 USD application fee.
- Student Class profile:
- Total UG applicants: 539; total percentage of students admitted: 76%; total enrolled: 45%
- Percentage of international students: 1%
- Standardized Test Scores: SAT Math Section: 465-580; SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 490-620; ACT Composite:18-23.
- High school/college GPA of entering students (Both UG and PG): UG: 3.43; PG: 2.50-3.00.
- Supporting Documents: official academic transcripts, SOP, Spiritual Statement, Standardized Test Scores, Academic and Pastoral Reference, portfolio, F1 visa.
- Graduation rate: 62%; student retention rate: 80%
Cost of Attendance
- The annual Tuition fee for undergraduate courses: around 29,178 USD.
- Annual Tuition fee for graduate courses: around 12,762 USD.
- Annual room and board fee for undergraduate and graduate courses: 5,857USD–6,500 USD
- Miscellaneous fee: 2,010 USD
- Total cost: 41,383 USD(Undergraduate); 20,772 USD (graduate)
Financial Aid for International Students
- Eligible International students get need-based and merit-based scholarships after filling the International Student Financial Aid Application form.
- Merit Scholarships and Grants are renewable each academic year.
- Biology Scholarship is given to full-time students enrolled in BS in biology. It is renewable. Application must be made before August 1, 2020.
- Phi Theta Scholarship, Honours Scholarship, International Student Award are some other financial aid options available for Cairn University students.
|International Student Award||2.0 GPA F1 International Student||2,000 USD per year|
|Merit Scholarships and Grants||3.0-4.0 GPA 1100 or above SAT score||17,000 USD|
|Honors Scholarship||3.75 GPA 1275 SAT or 25 ACT||2,000 USD per year|
- Other Sources of Funding: Applying for financial aid programs in the US can be overwhelming due to their extensive application filing process. Here’s a brief list of research scholarship opportunities from private organizations both within the U.S. and India.
- United World Colleges International Youth Scholarships.
- Civil Society Leadership Award
- The Indian Trust Fellowship
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students
- Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowship
- Inlaks Scholarship
- Cairn University Alumni get free subscription of university magazine and 10% off on-campus food and goods.
- CU alumni children are eligible for the Alumni Award of 500 USD per year if enrolled in a program.
- CU Alumni can refer a student or donate towards Moving People Forward, Moving Places Forward and Moving Programs Forward campaigns.
- Some of the notable ones are as follows: Allen Carl Guelzo- American Historian at Princeton University; Emanuel Lee Lambert- Christian Rapper; Norma Jean Almodovar- Author and Activist at International Sex Worker Foundation.
- Cairn University University has a 96% employment rate with posts open for Net Developer, Manager, AirWatch MDM Engineer, etc in the Career Services section.
- International students can work on-campus for 20 hours per week and 40 hours per week during holidays.
- Students need to make an appointment with the career center to get career coaching, LinkedIn Guidance and resume preparation.
- A Cairn University graduate earns 37,000 USD on average, according to College Simply data.