Northern Vermont University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Northern Vermont University- Lyndon Center was found in 1911 as a one-year “normal school” for teacher training. In the year 1961, the university added liberal arts and professional training programs, for which it is highly known. Northern Vermont University is accredited by the New England Commission on Higher Education (NECHE). This university has two campuses, NVU- Johnson and Lyndon. The degrees offered by the Lyndon campus are of Associate, Bachelors’ and Masters’ level.
90% of the full-time faculty of the university holds terminal degrees in their respective field. The division of the total number of students is as follows: Full-time undergrad- 867, Part-time undergrad- 144 and Graduate students-46. To maintain the learning level high, the teacher-student ratio of the university is 14:1. The class-size is also maintained at 15 students and not more.
- The university provides degrees in the fields of Arts, Science and Education for students to study in the USA.
- The location of the university is Vermont’s northeast kingdom.
- The university has 44- full-time and 65- part-time faculty members.
- 45% of the students are admitted from out of the state.
- Almost 85% of the students get access to financial aid.
- The university offers a variety of sports for both male and female students.
- Extra-curricular activities are ace in their specific fields.
Some of the rankings of Northern Vermont University are as follows:
Rankings are able to provide a bigger picture of the educational institution and its offerings.
|Type of University||Public|
|Year of establishment||2018|
|President||Elaine C. Collins|
|Academic calendar||Semester based|
|Acceptance rate||Above 80%|
|Admission requirements||Official transcripts|
|English proficiency requirements||TOEFL, IELTS, Pearson Test|
|Mode of payment||Credit card, Debit card or E-check|
Programs, Campus, and Residence
Northern Vermont University offers a number of programs at undergraduate and graduate levels. The university has access to more and new programs of academic research along with the ease of online studying. It is one university with separate campus identities and facilities, making both equally competitive and desirable.
Talking of the programs offered by the college, the academics section is divided into four categories, they are Bachelor’s, Associate, Masters’, and doctoral degrees.
Under these degree levels, the areas of interest have a wide spectrum of courses. Some of them are Accounting, Humanities, and social sciences, Visual arts, etc.
The Northern Vermont University has two campuses, both of which are situated amidst the mountains and nature. Both of the campuses are loaded with limitless opportunities.
- Lyndon Campus (211 acres)
The Lyndon campus(main campus) offers varied professional programs with a liberal arts core. The majors provided here are nationally recognized in atmospheric sciences, electronic journalism arts, and exercise science.
The best thing for the students to know is that they can study on both the campuses, either on-site or virtually from the professors.
- Johnson Campus (350 acres)
This campus is designated by the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges as Vermont’s premier public liberal arts institution. The Johnson campus offers an amazing liberal arts experience. It helps the students to gain job-ready skills by conducting research alongside professors and also by completing internships in their area of interest.
Both of the Northern Vermont campuses provide housing and dining options for the students.
- The Lyndon campus has options for every type of student. If the students wish to live in a single room or with their friends in a double or triple sharing, the campus has it all.
- The newly built residence hall on the campus, Rita Bole Complex, offers apartment-style suites for the students who wish to have this particular style of living.
- Students also have the option to opt off-campus housing to stay in the US.
The five styles of residence halls are as follows:
- Whitelaw/Crevecoeur- Whitelaw, and Crevecoeur are joined by a connecting entryway. These halls serve as a first-year residence hall. Both of these buildings are suite-style residence halls with seven double rooms.
- Wheelock Hall- This hall is for both first-year and upper-class students. It has a suit-style and has a total of four double rooms.
- Arnold/Bayley Hall- This hall also provides space for first-year and upper-class students. Each building has seven student rooms. Each room is equipped with all the amenities and semi-furnished.
- Poland/Rogers Hall- These two are connected residence halls Offering upper-class residence. Poland hall has six suites and Rogers hall have five suites.
- Rita Bole Complex- This is the newest residence offering apartment-style living. These apartment suites are gender-neutral and have all the basic amenities.
The university is extremely supportive of the admission of international students from all around the world. The Northern Vermont University offers admission on a rolling basis on applications but still, students are advised to fill the form before the due date. To apply for any of the courses offered by the university, the students need to fulfill certain requirements and process in time to get considered for admissions. They are:
- May 1- Fall semester
- November 1- Spring semester
- The students are required to complete and submit the application form.
- Submission of all academic and original transcripts.
- The students are required to complete and submit the financial documentation along with the International Student Financial Statement Form.
- A letter of recommendation is also required by the university.
- Submission of the English proficiency test scores.
|Test||UG level||PG level|
|TOEFL||70 or above||85 or better|
|IELTS||5.5 or better||6.5 or better|
|Pearson test||45 or better||58 or better|
After the university has received all of the above-mentioned materials, they will evaluate the student’s application. The student gets a notification within three to four weeks.
Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance at the university is quite expensive. But with the assistance of financial aids, the students can have access to ace education with them. The cost divisions are as follows:
|Undergraduate tuition fee||24,960 USD|
|Graduate tuition fee||605 USD/credit|
|Books and Supplies||1,427 USD|
|Room (double room)||6,604 USD|
|Gold/Unlimited meal plan||4,416 USD|
North Vermont University offers a scholarship for international students who have been enrolled full-time and holds high academic achievements. International students can also look for external scholarships to study in the USA.
- NVU Valedictorian and Salutatorian Scholarship
Under this, the university provides scholarships for those students who ranked first or second in their high school classes. These awards can be renewed every year up to four years in total.
The amount allotted for both the scholarships is 13,000 USD/scholarship.
- NVU Future scholarships
The NVU’s future scholarships and future achievement scholarships are awarded on the basis of the students’ GPA and are renewable annually for up to four years. The divisions as per the GPA are:
|GPA||Future scholarship||Future achievement scholarship|
|90 (3.5 or higher)||4,750 USD||6,500 USD|
|85-89 (3.0-3.4)||3,750 USD||5,500 USD|
|80-84 (2.5-2.9)||2,750 USD||4,500 USD|
Students can also look for educational loans in their home country to lessen their financial burden to study in the USA.
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Application Portal :https://www.lyndonstate.edu/admissions-and-aid/how-to-apply/
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
I took admission in this university because my elder sister who also studies there had suggested to me.My good score in bachelors degree helped me to get admission there.I had filled an online application form through their official website.I had paid an application fee of around $50.
Course Curriculum :
This was very planned program.It had offered me the advantage of working with faculty who had a mix of education specialties and classroom experience.It had contained training programs which helped me in gaining the real experience.Under this program I had learned about the different education technologies.It was such a knowledgeable program.
I had my relatives there who had suggested this university to me.I really liked the program and opportunities offered by the university.For getting admission there I had filled an online application form through the common application portal with a fee of around $50.
Course Curriculum :
Course curriculum was very flexible and unique in its own way.It was very knowledgeable and helped me to acquire all the skills necessary for achieving success.It allowed me to focus on the areas of criminal justice studies.I had studied about traditional criminal justice systems, such as law enforcement, corrections, courts, and juvenile justice systems.It had included various internships
I decided to choose to study at NVU, as after a lot of research and the current trend for data sciences and analytics was my program preference and selected to study the undergraduate program in the same discipline and so I applied through an online form and paid $200 as an enrollment fee.
Course Curriculum :
The course that I am studying is a mixture of the subjects of maths, computer science and analytical skills through which we learn to apply data analytics and solve a real-time business problem.
I have approached a consultancy firm in order to find me the best college in the USA. They suggested me Northern Vermont University according to my previous academic scores and my interests. I applied to the university by filling their application form online via the common app and by paying an application fee of $50.
Course Curriculum :
The bachelor's degree there is a dual program that not only gives bachelors in accounting but also a bachelor's in business administration (management) in four years. The course curriculum is designed by specialists to enable the students to become the leaders of the coming generations.
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary