Bethany Lutheran College Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Bethany Lutheran College College has moderately high acceptance rate, admitting 78% of the 497 undergraduate applicants for Fall 2018. 83% of the undergraduate students, admitted in Fall 2016, joined Sophomore class of 2017.
Undergraduate degree in over 24 majors, 25 minors and 9 pre-professional programs is offered at Bethany Lutheran College. Some of the popular majors are Business, Media, Arts, Engineering, Computer Science, Biology and Chemistry.
- Admissions to various programs are offered on rolling basis.
- College accepts TOEFL, IELTS, STEP-Eiken and Duolingo test scores as evidence of English language proficiency.
- GPA’s are given top priority while reviewing applications.
|Application Portal||College Application|
|Acceptance Rate for Fall 2018||78%|
|Average SAT||520-580 (English based Reading and Writing)
Bethany Lutheran College Admission Deadline
Bethany Lutheran College accepts application after the deadline, in case space is available. Applications submitted before below mentioned deadlines are given first priority during the admission process.
|International||Fall: May 15
Spring: November 15
|Fall: May 1 (Priority); July 1 (Regular)
Spring: December 10
Bethany Lutheran College International Admission
International students are required to submit all the mandatory as well as supporting documents to International Student Coordinator of Bethany Lutheran College.
International Students Admission Requirement
- Original transcripts of school/college previously attended
- English translation of transcripts, if originals are in any other language
- Copy of any additional certificate or degree obtained
- At least one recommendation letter
- An essay including statement of personal and professional statement
- Financial support evidence including bank statement/sponsorship letter
- Copy of passport
International Students English Proficiency Requirement
Applicants from Non- English speaking countries must submit one of the following scores as proof of english proficiency. SAT/ACT scores will be considered for applicants from an english speaking country.
|Minimum Score Required|
Applicants with standard track scores are required to take two additional courses in the first semester. Enrollment in four additional courses (two in first semester and two in second semester) is mandatory for applicants having extended track scores.
Visa Requirement for International Students
International students must apply for F-1 visa for legal stay in the US till the duration of study. Documents required for visa application are as follows:
- Financial support documents
- I-20 form
- SEVIS fee receipt
- Copy of passport information page
Bethany Lutheran College Undergraduate Admission
Overall 174 students were admitted to various undergraduate programs at Bethany Lutheran College for Fall 2018 semester. SAT/ACT scores are mandatory for undergraduate admission. A minimum GPA of 2.0 is required for students transferring from another college.
Where to Apply: College Application
Application Fee: None
Academic Requirement: Requirements for first-year and transfer students are specified below:
For first-year students:
- Official High School transcripts
- SAT I or ACT scores
- Recommendation letters
For transfer students:
- A minimum 2.0 GPA
- 65 transferable credit (for lower division coursework)
- 30 semester credit from previous college or High School transcripts and SAT/ACT scores
Applications are reviewed on the basis of following criteria, ranked in order of priority:
- GPA in college preparatory classes
- Scores in SAT I or ACT
- Class selection
- Overall GPA in high school
- Motivation to enroll in applied program
- Recommendation letters and references
College informs students about acceptance decision within 10 days of receiving application. According to Bethany’s Residential Policy, full-time students must live on campus for the first two academic years, except those who are married or living with parents or guardian.
International students accepted for admission should submit Medical History/Immunization and Housing Form at the time of enrollment to complete the admission process. Enrollment in Orientation to American Higher Education is compulsory for all International students.