Marietta College Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Marietta College is a private liberal arts college in Ohio, USA. The college received around 2851 applications for fall 2018 semester. The acceptance rate for this semester was 69% and the enrollment rate was 18%. Applications are invited for fall and spring semesters.
- Applications can be made through Marietta College Applications
- The College charges $25 fee for the application.
- The College accepts TOEFL/IELTS scores as proof of English Proficiency.
- SAT/ACT scores are required for all courses.
- Scholarships are available to both resident and non-resident students. Merit scholarships and the Federal Work Study are the most popular forms of financial aid.
|Average GPA rate||3.4|
|Average SAT range||1040-1290|
|Average ACT range||20-25|
|Mode of Payment||VISA, Discover card, Master Card, Local Bank Transfer|
|Financial Aid||Grants, Loans, Scholarships, Federal Study Aid|
|Admissions Office Helpline||1.800.331.7896|
|Admissions Office firstname.lastname@example.org|
Marietta College Admission Deadlines
Application deadlines for international applicants are:
Marietta College International Admissions
The admission process for domestic and international students are both conducted online. However, international students have additional requirements that should be fulfilled for applying for Marietta College.
Admission Requirements for International Students:
- High school transcripts inclusive of grades from the last three years with a GPA of 3.4 and above.
- ACT/SAT exam results are required for the courses.
- Proof of English proficiency: TOEFL/IELTS scores for applicants.
- Copy of Passport
- Personal Essay/Statement of Purpose
- Health Insurance Cover
- Proof of financial support (Official Statement signed by a bank official and/or official sponsor)
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students:
International students may submit either TOEFL, IELTS scores to prove English proficiency.
|Test||Minimum required score|
Visa Process for International Students:
- Students are required to pay an enrollment deposit, following which they should submit their proof of financial support. The college upon receiving the required documents for validation shall issue an I-20 form to the applicant. The US does not grant visas more than 90 days prior to the reporting date.
- Applicants must provide the following documents to receive the I-20 Form
- Copy of passport
- Proof of financial support (Affidavit and Bank Statement)
- The I-20 must be completed with accurate information such as name, biographical information, and program information as this will be used for the visa stamp in the applicant’s passport.
- Students have to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee ($200) and print the receipt for the interview.
- Applicants then need to apply for the F-1 visa, submit the form and make the required payment.
- Finally, students have to attend the scheduled interview at U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
- General documents to take for the visa interview:
- Passport (valid for at least six months ahead)
- Original Application Form
- Official Admission Letter and completed I-20 Form
- Completed and signed visa application form
- Proof of permanent address outside the U.S.
- Two Passport-size photographs (2”x2")
- Receipt of SEVIS I-901 fee payment.
- Proof of funding sufficient to cover your tuition and living expenses. The applicant may support this by providing the original versions of the Financial Affidavit of Support form and bank statement they submitted to receive immigration documents.
- Evidence of the intention to return to your home country and not immigrate to the U.S.
Marietta College Undergraduate Admissions
Marietta College offers many undergraduate courses in varied disciplines like Accounting, Physics, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Arts.
Application Portal: Marietta College Application
Mailing Address: Marietta College, 215 5th St, Marietta, OH 45750, USA
Application Fee: $25
Academic Requirements: Applicants are required to submit the following documents-
- Completed Marietta College application form with the application fee.
- Original final secondary school transcripts with a minimum GPA of 3.4
- Proof of English Proficiency: TOEFL/IELTS
- The SAT/ACT scores are required for admission.
- SAT/ACT scores
- Score range SAT: 1040-1290
- Score range for ACT: 20-25
- Personal Essay
- Letters of Recommendation
- Proof of Financial Support
- Copy of Passport (Essential for Form I-20)
- Copy of Visa Application Form
Marietta College Graduate Admissions:
The college offers two graduate degree programs. The requirements and admission process for these two courses is mentioned below:
|Course||Application Portal/Link||Application Deadline||Application Fee||Academic Requirements||English Language Proficiency|
|Master of Psychology||Marietta College Application||Fall- Jul 15 Spring- Dec 1||$25||GPA: 3, Résumé, SOP, LOR, Professional Essay||TOEFL: iBT-79 IELTS: 6.0|
|MA Clinical Mental Health Counseling Curriculum||Application form for Mental Health Counselling||Fall- Jul 15 Spring- Dec 1||$25||GPA: 3, Résumé, SOP, 3 LOR, Professional Essay, GRE Scores.||TOEFL: iBT-79 IELTS: 6.0|
The college has a moderately selective admission process. Applicants are advised to apply prior to the deadlines to ensure a better chance of selection. Admission decisions are made after the college receives high school grades. The review of applications takes around 2-4 weeks.