Christie's Education: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Christie’s Education is a private, for-profit higher academic institution for art studies located in Manhattan, New York, and is owned by Christie’s International PLC group of companies. It was established in 1978 in London and opened another campus in New York in 1993. Christie’s Education currently has 3 branches worldwide - New York, London, and Hong Kong. At Christie’s Education, the aim is to educate students about the art world and culture through interwoven activities of critical engagement, researching, and developing practical skills. It offers two Master of Art degrees: M.A. in Art, Law and Business, and M.A. Modern and Contemporary Art and the Market along with continuing education and online learning programs in the global art world at par with the US Education System by collaborating with leading art world experts and academics.
|Intake session||Program dependent|
+1 212 355 1501
- Christie’s Education in New York, the major art centers in the world is an ideal place to study modern & contemporary art and the business of art.
- At Christie’s Education, the international students willing to study in the US are exposed to exploring art centers around the city and gain practical insights.
- There are several services offered to students ranging from inquiries to career counseling.
- There is an elected student representative forum that gives feedback on various activities and services.
- The institution has library and resource access facilities.
- The student body comprises around 14% Asian, African American, and Latino students.
- Life in New York is filled with culture and experiences as students explore the major hub of the world.
Residence And Accommodation
- On-campus residence is not available at Christie’s New York campus
- Students can avail housing information by contacting NewYork@christies.edu
- The institute provides a list of housing options to all accepted students along with their acceptance letter. Upon request, you are added to a listserv with other incoming students looking for roommates and housing. Hence it closely guides students through the accommodation process and finding roommates.
- The programs offered by Christie’s Education include masters, certificate, short courses as well as online courses.
- Master’s degree programs include M.A in Modern and Contemporary Art and the market.
M.A in Art, Law, and Business. The higher education programs in New York and London will cease from 2021. Hence there is no students intake for Master’s programs from September 2020
- Certificate programs are offered in the Art business, Modern and Contemporary Art, Art and Tech, Asian Art, Art History, Art World, and Luxury.
- Short courses are offered in diverse subjects including Art business, Modern and Contemporary Art, Art and Tech, Asian Art, Art History, Art World, and Luxury.
- Online courses are also offered in the subjects included in the short courses
- Summer schools are offered in Art business and Modern Art.
Note: Christie’s Education will not be providing higher education from 2020 onwards and continue to provide education through the continuing education programs for online, certificate, and short courses.
International students are required to follow the enlisted application process to secure an admission to the programs offered by Christie’s Education
- Application portal - online(masters program)
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +44(0)20 7389 2004 to reserve a place for any of the short courses.
Note: Short courses do not require an application. To reserve your place, complete the registration form and pay the full course fee
- Official transcripts and academic records of prior education. Certified translated transcripts must be sent if they are not in English in addition to original transcripts.
- Personal statement essay (2-3 pages)
- GRE score ( optional)
- TOEFL scores ( minimum:100 for non-native English speakers; IELTS not accepted)
- Equivalency report from World University Services for international applicants
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Interview – required for Master’s programs
- Christie can issue an I-20 certificate of eligibility certificate for international applicants.
Note: Standardized test scores such as GRE and TOEFL scores must be forwarded by Education Testing Services.
Cost Of Attendance
- Program fees for various programs (Full term)
|Programs||Program Fees (USD)|
|M.A Programs||42077 USD|
|Certificate program||15000 USD|
|Summer School||1800 USD|
|Online Courses||1500-1800 USD|
|Short Courses||295-395 USD/ session|
|Type of Expenses||Cost(USD)|
|Room accommodation||25200 USD|
|Transport fares||1778 USD|
|Personal expenses||2004 USD|
|Books and other supplies||1700 USD|
Financial Aid For International Students
Scholarships are only offered for Master’s programs at Christie’s Education. Applications for scholarships need to be submitted at the time of admission
Scholarships Offered :
- Christie’s Education Trust Scholarships - This scholarship amount of 6500 USD is awarded to one student in each Master’s program/year. Applicants must have financial need and display sincere dedication to study. Applicants must submit hard copies of the application form, CV, and a short essay describing reason to apply for a scholarship.
- Christie’s Education Faculty Scholarships – This scholarship amounting up to 10000 USD for tuition relief is offered to several students. Beneficiaries must maintain a GPA of 3.3 to keep the award. Applicants are required to describe their interest in the application form.
- Graduate Assistantships – Graduate assistantships are offered to 2 to 3 students showcasing excellence. Each recipient is offered a stipend ranging from $500 to $10000 and they are to commit to work for 7-10 hours per week.
- Scholarships for international students to study in the US. can also be opted by deserving students
- More than 4500 alumni have graduated from Christie’s Education and all alumni automatically become a member of the alumni association after graduation.
- Alumni at Christie’s education enjoy several benefits :
- Access to the learning resource center
- Invitations to exclusive events such as gallery openings, specialist talks, and academic lectures.
- Opportunities to connect and create a network
- Discount in short courses
- Job opportunities
- Some notable alumni are Jennifer Roberts: CEO at Design Miami and Yuki Terase: Director Head of Contemporary Art at Sotheby’s for Asia.
- Graduates from Christie’s Education are significant figures in the art industry and work as art historians, curators, professional advisors, and even own businesses.
- 84% of master’s graduates in 2017-18 were employed within six months of their graduation.
- 90% of graduates from Christie’s go on to progress in the commercial industry.
Christie’s Education is one of the leading art schools and provides a broad spectrum of education in the form of on-hand experience, site visitations, guidance through excellent faculty, and a unique approach to enable students to gain critical insight and develop skills to step into the art industry.