The New School is a private research university located in Manhattan, New York City, United States. Established in 1919, it is a non-profit institution dedicated to promoting academic freedom and intellectual inquiry among young learners.
Programs, Campus & Residence
- 134 diploma and degree programs are offered through colleges.
- Popular majors are - Fashion/Apparel Design; Fine and Studio Arts Management; Web Page, Digital/Multimedia and Information Resources Design; Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies; and Jazz/Jazz Studies.
- The university campus is spread all across Manhattan with major parts in Greenwich Village. The 5 on-campus residence halls hold 28% of the student population
The New School Admission Process
|Requirements||Transcripts, LOR, SOP|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS/PTE|
|Application Fee||USD 50|
|Intake Season||Spring – October 15; Fall – January 15|
|Additional Requirements||Resume; personal statement; proof of financial support|
Applications for UG programs are submitted through Common Application and university website depending upon the programs. Applications for graduate programs are submitted on the official website.
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aids
|Expense||Cost in USD|
|Tuition and Fees||47,920|
|Room and Board||15,000|
|Books and Supplies||1,025|
- 39% of students receive financial aid in some form
- Average need-based scholarship offered is of USD 19,308.
The New School offers its alumni benefits like career services, insurance programs, library services, store discounts and more.