New York School of Interior Design Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
With an acceptance rate of 33%, New York School of Interior Design (NYSID) enrolls around 538 students in a year. 381 students enroll in Ug and 157 in PG courses. The college has 22% of international students from almost 35 countries.
- The university invites applications throughout the year.
- Both the undergraduate and graduate applicants have to apply through the university’s online portal.
- The university accepts both TOEFL and IELTS scores as proof of Engish proficiency.
|Application Portal||The online portal of the website of NYSID |
|Application Fee||Domestic Students - $60|
International Students - $100
|Mode of Payment||Credit card, Cheque payment|
|Application Deadlines for Undergraduates||Rolling admissions Suggested dates:|
February 1 for the fall semester
October 1 for the spring semester
|Application Deadlines for Graduates||February 1|
|Work Experience||Recommended for transfer students|
|Interview||Required for admission in the professional program|
New York School of Interior Design Admissions Deadlines
Rolling admissions: The school accepts admission throughout the year.
New York School of Interior Design international Student Admissions
Admission Requirement for International Students
- The letter of recommendation (non-academic and academic).
- Official transcripts for international students required are:
- High school or college certificate
- The evaluation of the foreign transcripts is done by the World Education Service
- Submission of the TOEFL/IELTS scores is necessary.
- The submission of the SAT test or ACT test is necessary
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
The English language test score required by international students are:
- TOEFL: code- 9185
- IELTS: 6.5
- The completion of English composition course at an accredited institution is also accepted.
- For high school students, one year of regular high school level English courses is enough. The college students can show up with a single semester of the regular course in English.
Visa Process for International Students
- For I 20 is received from the college.
- Schedule a visa interview after receiving the I20. All the countries have different processing times
- Submission of DS160 Application for a visa.
- The cost of this is $160.
- Payment of SEVIS fee USD 200.
- Visa interview:
- Submission of the documents such as valid passport, NYSID admission letter, NYSID I20, proof of English proficiency, previous educational transcripts.
- Some of the sponsor’s funding documents that are required are tax forms, employment letters, and bank statements.
New York School of Interior Design UG and PG Admissions
The NYSID offers 3 UG and 5PG programs for the applicants. The admission process for the undergraduate is almost the same.
Application Fee: USD 100
Application Deadline: Rolling admissions (UG), February 1 (PG)
- Submit at least two letters of recommendation.
- Personal statement essay
- SAT/ACT Score (for bachelors programs)
- SAT code: 0333
- ACT code: 2829
- Official transcripts from high school/Bachelors degree (UG and PG, respectively)
- International transcripts
- English language test scores are mandatory for international students
NYSID accepts admissions on a rolling basis if seats are available. It is suggested by the school that students should by February 1 for the fall semester and October 1 for the spring semester. The documents required at the time of admissions should be sent to the university offline as well as online. Portfolios should be mailed at email@example.com.