Virginia Wesleyan College Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Admissions at Virginia Wesleyan College are not very competitive. The university observed an acceptance rate of 70% for fall 2018 undergraduate admissions. Out of 2159 applicants, 1511 were offered admission, and 317 enrolled.
It is one of the more than 90 senior universities in the United States. It offers the best academic training and also encourages students to become ethically and actively engaged citizens. The university is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges so as to award baccalaureate and master’s degrees. The university’s Department of Religious Studies is nationally known and also offers courses from a variety of different approaches.
- The student-to-faculty ratio is 15:1.
- The university has 35 majors, 30 minors, and 12 pre-professional programs.
- Every year approx 1600 students get enrolled in the university out of which 1500 are undergraduates, and 100 are graduates.
- The admissions for undergraduates, graduates, and online programs are open now.
- The interested students can apply through the online portal of application on the websites of VWU.
|Application Portal||University website |
|Application Fee||No application fee|
|Mode of Payment||NA|
|Average SAT Score||1300|
|Average ACT Score||27|
|Average GPA Score||Greater or equal to 3.5|
|International Application Deadlines||Freshman admission – March 1|
Transfer admission – Fall Semester – May 1
Spring Semester – October 1
|Work Experience||Recommended for transfer students|
|Interview||Required for admission in the professional program|
Virginia Wesleyan College Admissions Deadlines
The priority deadline for Freshman admission – March 1
The priority deadline for Transfer admission –
Fall Semester – May 1
Spring Semester – October 1
Fall Semester – June 1
Spring Semester – November 1
Virginia Wesleyan College International Admissions
For getting admitted into the Virginia Wesleyan College the applicant has to follow a few steps. After accomplishing all these steps the students can get through the admission procedure and get admitted to the college.
- The first and foremost step is to create an account of the applicant on the online application portal that is present on the website of the university itself.
- After creating the account on the online portal the applicant has to fill the application form on the same.
- There is no application fee levied for the submission of the application form.
- The students need to submit the official documents that are required for the admission purpose.
- The freshman requires official high school transcripts.
- The SAT or ACT Test scorecards are also required by the Freshman.
- The transfer and graduate require the official transcript from all colleges or universities that are attended by the applicant previously.
- The applicants are advised to use World Educational Services (WES).
- The University also accepts evaluate reports from the members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
- All the international students whose native language is not English have to submit proof of English Proficiency test.
- The document can be sent to Virginia Wesleyan University, Center for Enrollment Services, 5817 Wesleyan Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23455.
- The documents can also be sent electronically through Parchment or National Student Clearinghouse Electronic Transcripts Exchange.
- Completed Financial Disclosure Form.
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
|TOEFL (Written Test)||550|
|TOEFL (Internet-based Test)||80|
Visa Process for International Students
- The immigration law requires that all international students should be prepared for their financial responsibility for their living and educational expenses.
- The students have to submit a financial affidavit before an I-20 can be issued.
Virginia Wesleyan College Undergraduate Admissions
There are 33 majors and 9 minors in the VWU. For applying as undergraduates in the university the applicant has to follow a procedure which are-
- Register yourself at the online portal of the VWU by creating a new account.
- Fill the application form and submit it without paying any application fee.
- Submit the official high school transcripts that should be in English.
- The documents should be evaluated by NACES.
- Also, submit the SAT or ACT scorecards.
- The minimum score for the SAT is 1300, ACT is 27, and GPA is greater or equal to 3.5.
Virginia Wesleyan College Graduate Admissions
Application Portal: University website
Application Fee: No fee
- The whole of the procedure is the same for both undergraduates and graduates.
- Except for graduates, it is important to submit the official transcripts from all the colleges and universities they have previously attended.
Popular Courses for Graduates
|MBA – Master of Business Administration (online only)||GPA – 2.7 or higher Have completed statistics,|
financial accounting, and microeconomics. No GMAT required
|MAEd – Master of Arts in Education||GPA – 2.8 Submit passing scores on the Praxis core academic skills for Educator test Professional Disposition Self-reflection Assessment to be submitted|
The university has a faculty that is dedicated to scholarship and service grounded in the liberal arts and sciences. Virginia Wesleyan University inspires students to build meaningful lives through the engagement in Coastal Virginia’s dynamic metropolitan region.