Thomas Jefferson University 2020-2021 Admissions: Acceptance Rate, Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
Thomas Jefferson University is located in the USA. It was established in the year 1824. It is As per 2018, Thomas Jefferson University had a total student population of 7786, out of which 3550 are undergraduate students. The total full-time faculty number is 1228 and the number of part-time faculty is 1368. The student-faculty ratio is 12:1. The university runs both undergraduate and graduate programs. Thomas Jefferson University has been accredited to the Middle States Commission on Higher Education since 1976.
- In fall 2018, total undergraduate enrolment was 3550 and graduate enrolment was 4236, adding up to 7786 of total enrolments.
- Thomas Jefferson University has a total admission of 4317 students.
- The percentage of total admitted was 66%.
- The percentage of admitted who enrolled was 22%.
- In undergraduate courses, total males admitted was 28%, whereas the total females admitted was 72%.
- In undergraduate courses, 17% were part-time students and 83% were full-time students.
- In graduate courses, 34% were part-time students and 66% were full-time students.
- With an acceptance rate of 66%, it is fairly easy to get admitted to the university. The Jefferson University has decided to freeze tuition, room/board and fees for the 2020-2021 academic year due to COVID – 19 pandemic. On-campus operations will be resumed this fall.
|Application Fee (non – refundable)||40 USD|
|Mode of Payment||Online|
|Academic Calendar||Semester based|
|Intake Sessions||Fall and Spring|
|Work Experience||Not required|
|Financial Aid||Grants, Loans, Campus employment, Scholarships (including LGBTQ scholarship)|
Thomas Jefferson University Admission Deadlines
|Fall||August 1||May 1|
|Spring||January 1||November 1|
Thomas Jefferson University International Student Admissions
Along with the other requirements for undergraduate and graduate admissions, English Proficiency Test marks are to be submitted by the international student. One can take either one of the tests listed below.
- Students from non-English speaking countries are required to have English proficiency test scores. A student can appear in any of the tests such as TOEFL or IELTS.
- Official SAT or ACT
- Official copies of transcripts
- Letter(s) of recommendation
- English proficiency test score
- Statement of purpose/ essay
All official academic documents and transcripts must be evaluated by NACES accredited academic credential evaluation. It would be better to request a course by course credit evaluation.
English Language Proficiency
International Student Visa
An international student, who has been accepted into a full-time program at Jefferson, needs an F1 student VISA to study in the USA. I – 20 form is required to apply for F1 status. The requirements of I – 20 are:
- International Student Agreement Form
- Graduate Enrolment Form.
- Bank statements total of 39,151 USD.
- If bank statements are not in the student’s name, a signed Statement of Support Form in the amount of 39,151 USD will be required. The Statement of Support Form is available on the website.
- Funds must be dated within the last 6 months and immediately liquidate
- Copy of passport.
- Official IELTS/TOEFL report
- Official GMAT or GRE report, if applicable
- Official/Attested copies of university transcripts and degree certificate
Thomas Jefferson University Admissions
Students at Thomas Jefferson University are presented with numerous opportunities and resources enhancing their experience as more than just a student. Dedicated to a synergetic approach to nurture and nourish the minds of the students, the university aims to provide a strong foundation for the students’ career and growth as an individual.
ApplicationPortal: University’s official website
Application fee: 40 USD
Undergraduate Admission requirements:
- Letter of Recommendation: 1 letter of recommendation is required from a teacher or counsellor who can address the academic preparation of the student. The form for letter of recommendation is available online on the official website.
- Official Transcript: A high school transcript is required. For international students, official copies of secondary school marks or exam results can be produced. Photocopies of school records are permissible, but once the student gets admitted he/she has to submit the original documents.
- SAT or ACT: The SAT or ACT scores are to be sent directly to the university. The SAT code is 2666 and the ACT code is 3668.
- Academic or college preparatory courses: This includes 4 English, 3 Mathematics (including Algebra and Geometry), 3 History and Social Sciences, 2 Lab Science, and 3 Elective courses.
- Personal essay: An essay of 250 words (minimum) is to be submitted. The topic of an essay is given on the official website.
Graduate Academic Requirements:
- Letter of Recommendations: 2 letters of recommendation are required from people who are not related to the student but are familiar with his/her professional and scholastic qualities. The letters are to be forwarded to the office of Graduate Admission. It is required only for specific programs.
- Official Transcript: It should be sent directly to the office of Graduate Admission from each graduate and undergraduate schools attended. Failure to submit this prior to admission may cause cancellation of admission.
- Standardized Test Results: For some courses, a GRE score is required. The university code for GRE is 2666. It can be waived for those holding a previous master’s degree.
- Non – degree candidates: One may take a graduate course for professional certification. For this, application and official transcripts from bachelor’s are to be submitted.
Some of the important programs of the graduate program and their requirements are:
|MS in User Experience and Interaction Design||Required||Not Required||Not Required||2 Required||6.5/79|
|MBA – Innovation||Required||Not Required||Not Required||2 Required||6.5/79|
|MS in Industrial Design||Required||Not Required||Not Required||2 Required||6.5/79|
|MS in Interactive Design and Media||Required||Not Required||Not Required||2 Required||6.5/79|
The University of Alaska Southeast offers a variety of undergraduate courses and graduate courses. The application form is available online on the official website. It has decided to freeze the fee for fall sessions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The acceptance rate of college is 66%. It follows a semester-based academic calendar with fall and spring sessions only. Financial aid is available in the form of grants, loans, campus employment, and scholarship. Over 90% of students receive aid every year. Jefferson University also has a provision of LGBTQ Scholarship. The admission requirements are an official transcript, 2 recommendations in case of graduate programs, and 1 recommendation in case of undergraduate programs and essays on one of the topics provided by Jefferson University on their official website. It is compulsory to submit ACT/SAT scores. The minimum ACT score required is 21 and the minimum SAT score required is 1210. International students can be admitted to various programs. They need an F1 visa status to stay and study at Jefferson University. For F1 status, they have to submit the I – 20 form. The citizens of the countries whose official language is not English have to submit English proficiency test marks, which includes either from a no. of tests. TOEFL scores required are 87 and the IELTS score required is 6.0. However, it differs from courses. Many courses have special requirements. For more details about the courses, it is recommended to follow the official website. The following are the points of contact depending upon the purpose of contact.
Ques. Is Jefferson University good, according to its price?
Ans. Jefferson University is good. It provides the best education and is enlisted among the top 40% of colleges in the USA. But one can get a better education at the same price elsewhere.
Ques. What is Jefferson University famous for?
Ans. Jefferson University is famous for its interprofessional approach towards various studies.
Ques. Is Jefferson University an Ivy League college?
Ans. No. Jefferson University is not an Ivy League college. However, it is in the best 500 colleges of the word.
Ques. Is it hard to get admitted to Jefferson University?
Ans. The acceptance rate of the university is 66%, which makes it comparatively easier to get through. However, the ACT and SAT score required to get into it is very high.
Ques. How to get into Jefferson Thomas Jefferson University University?
Ans. Score at least 1045 on the SAT or 55 on the ACT. Maintain a GPA of at least a 3.6.
Ques. What GPA do you need to get into Jefferson?
Ans. Maintain a GPA of 3.6 is required.