Shorter University is a private Christian university located in Rome, Georgia. Established in 1873, it has affiliations with the George Baptist Convention. The university has been ranked #1 for being the safest college in Georgia. Also the university has been ranked #33 for being the most affordable university among top 50 colleges and universities.
|University Type||Private, Christian, Coeducational|
|UG Application Portal||Official website|
|Annual Endowment||USD 27 million|
|Student Retention Rate||59%|
|Mode of Programs||Full time; Online|
|Campus Housing Capacity||N/A|
|Annual Cost of Attendance||USD 36,160|
|Admission Helpdesk||706-233-7413; email@example.com|
Programs, Campus & Residence
- The university offers over 52 undergraduate minors and degree programs along with around 15 graduate programs through its 6 colleges and schools.
- The most popular majors are - Business Administration and Management; Criminal Justice/Safety Studies; Nursing/Registered Nurse; Public Administration; Social Service Professions; etc.
- The university has 10 residence halls on-campus for its students. There are also around 12 recommended off-campus accommodation options available for the students.
Shorter University Admission Process
Admission Requirements –
- Transcripts, LOR, SOP
- Test Scores - SAT/ACT/GMAT/GRE
- English Proficiency Test Score –
- TOEFL – 68 (iBT)
- IELTS – 5.0
- PTE – 47
- iTEP – 3.5-3.9
- Cambridge Test of English - 160
- Application Fee – USD 25
- Application Deadline – July 15
- Additional Requirements – Resume; Proof of financial support
Applications from international students for both the undergraduate and graduate programs, are available on the official website.
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aids
- 99% students receive some form of financial aid from the college.
- The average need based scholarship offered to students is of USD 14,028.
Shorter University Cost of Attendance
|Expense||Cost in USD|
|Tuition and Fees||22,800|
|Room and Board||9,400|
|Miscellaneous Expenses and Books||3,960|