University of the West (UWest) is a not-for-profit university. The university was set up by Buddhist organization but UWest is a non-sectarian institution. There are more number of enrollments in business programs when compared to religious studies.
|UG Application Portal||The Common Application; Website|
|Student Retention Rate||74%|
|Mode of Programs||Full time; Part-time; Online|
|Campus Housing Capacity||175|
|Annual Cost of Attendance||USD 24,182|
|Admission Helpdesk||(626) 571-8811 | firstname.lastname@example.org|
Programs, Campus and Residence
- The university offers bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs to the students through its 6 departments – Business, Religious Studies, Buddhist Chaplaincy, English, Psychology, and Liberal Arts.
- The campus has complete arrangement for students to excel in whichever way they can. There are numerous student organizations ranging from Martial Arts to Music to Badminton. Apart from that, if the students seek quiet place to meditate or study, they would always find one for themselves.
- The residence halls provide different services to the students living on-campus such as – fitness center, computer labs, dining facility and living learning community.
University of the West Admission Process
Intake Seasons – May 1
- Transcripts, LOR, SOP
- English Proficiency Test Score –
- TOEFL – 69 (iBT)
- IELTS – 5.5
- Application Fee – USD 100
- Additional Requirements – proof of legal identification, proof of financial support, passport and visa
International students may apply through the Common Application or the official website of the university.
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aids
- 91% students receive some form of financial aid from the college.
- The average need based scholarship offered to students is of USD 6,874.
University of the West Cost of Attendance
|Expenses||Cost in USD|
|Tuition and Fee||14,700|
|Books and Supplies||927|
|Room and Board||6,884|