University of California Hastings College of Law Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Hastings College of Law is a competitive law school that received around 3613 applications of which only 43% were accepted. The college offers joint degree and masters courses in law. The admission applications are invited for the fall semester.
- Applications can be made online through LSAC Portal
- The application deadline is April 15, 2020, for Fall 2020 enrolment.
- The 2019-2020 application cycle, the $75 application fee has been waived for all applicants.
- UC Hastings requires all applicants to take a standardized test for admission-LSAT or GRE.
- Applicants are required to submit Letter of recommendations and personal statement.
|Application Portal||LSAC application portal|
|Application Fee||75 USD|
|Mode of Payment||Credit Card|
|LSAT Score (median)||159|
|International Application Deadlines||April 15, 2020|
|Academic Calendar||Semester wise|
University of California Hastings College of Law International Admissions
All the students must fulfill the following requirements before submitting an application to the University of California Hastings College of Law.
Admission Requirements for International Applicants
- All the students should submit their academic records from the previously attended institutions for verification.
- Proof of English proficiency for non-native English speakers.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Financial statements for scholarships.
- Candidates must have earned a bachelor’s degree (or its foreign equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher education prior to beginning the JD program.
- Candidates must take the LSAT.
- Evaluated transcripts: Transcripts should contain the applicant’s major of study, the degree earned, and the date the degree was conferred.
- Digital passport photo for student ID card
- Legal residence proof
- Work-related or other criteria documents
English Language Requirements
All the international students should demonstrate English language proficiency of any one of the following tests given below to become eligible for the admission process:
|Test Name||Score Required|
Visa Process for International Applicants
- After the student is selected for admission, the university will email the Certificate of Eligibility for a Student Visa (Form I-20 A/B). Once received, all the details should be checked carefully.
- Completed non-immigration visa application form (DS-156) with passport size photo.
- A valid passport.
- Receipt of visa application fee.
- Evidence of SEVIS fee payment (I-901 receipt)
University of California Hastings College of Law Joint-Degree Admissions
University of California Hastings College of Law offers a Joint-Degree. The admissions process and requirements are mentioned below:
Application Portal: LSAC Application
Application Fee: 75 USD
- LSAT/GRE scores
- Official Transcripts
- Current Resume
- Registration with Law School Admissions Council’s Credential Assembly Service
- Personal Statement
- 2 LOR
- ELP for international applicants
University of California Hastings College of Law Graduate Admissions
The university offers 3 graduate programs. The application deadlines for the programs is 15 April. The applications are invited for the fall semester. The admissions portal is LSAC Application. The admission requirements for these courses are mentioned below:
- Official transcripts
- Personal statement
- LSAT: 150
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE for international students
- 2 LOR
International applicants are suggested to apply 1-2 weeks before admission deadlines to ensure that applications are reviewed. The law college is quite competitive and the applicants are suggested to apply with higher LSAT score and GPA.