Florida State University is a public research university located in Tallahassee, Florida, United States. Established in 1851, the university is a space and sea grant university that invented the commercially available anti-cancer drug Taxol.
Programs, Campus & Residence
- 104 undergraduate, 111 graduate and 71 doctoral programs are offered through 16 colleges.
- Popular majors are - Psychology; Finance; Criminal Justice/Safety Studies; Marketing/Marketing Management; and English Language and Literature.
- The university has a campus of 1624 acres and provides on campus housing to 20% of student population in 18 residence halls.
Florida State University Admission Process
|Requirements||Transcripts, LOR, SOP|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS/MELAB/PTE|
|Application Fee||UG programs - USD 45; Graduate programs – USD 50|
|Intake Season||Spring – November 1; Fall – July 1|
|Additional Requirements||Resume; copy of passport; proof of financial support|
Applications for UG programs must be submitted through either Common Application or on the official website and for graduate programs on the official website.
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aids
|Expense||Cost in USD|
|Tuition and Fees||21,673|
|Room and Board||10,458|
|Books and Supplies||1,000|
- The university invests over USD 210 million each in student financial aid.
- 47% of students receive financial aid in some form from the university.
- Average need-based scholarship offered is of USD 13,237.
The university has 372,025 living alumni who receive benefits like career services, insurance services, access to Seminole clubs and chapters, travel programs and more.