Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA : World Rankings, National Rankings, Subject-wise Rankings 2020-21
Situated on 275 acres the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) is in the land of Troy, New York with a rich facility of a total of 746 labs, studios, and technology spaces used for Research. RIP is a Private research University and the oldest Technological research University in the United States was established in the Year 1824 by Sir Stephen Van Rensselae & Amos Eaton. RPI is dignified with “ RI : Doctoral Universities- Very high Research Activity.
With 7,900 students and more than 100, 000 living Alumni, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is standing high with the aim to change lives, to advance society and also to change the world with revolutions in Research. Rensselaer has given priority to fields like Biotechnology, energy and environment, nanotechnology, computation & IT and media and the arts. RPI in its latest terms opened a Research Centre which is Center for Biotechnology & interdisciplinary studies. In, 2018 Rensselaer were operating 32 Research centers
Rensselaer ranked 49th among U.S. research universities by U.S. News & World Report. In Top 10 on a CNBC List of the U.S. colleges where students go on to earn the money. The Rensselaer Information Technology (ITWS) was the 1st of its kind in the United States. Ranked 6th of top U.S. engineering colleges by USA Today, and Graduate engineering programs ranked 39th in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA Ranking Highlights
- Academic Ranking of World University (ARWU) ranks # 401-500 in world Universities Ranking and Nationally ranks # 115-133 by the year 2019-2020.
- The Times Higher Education (THE) Ranks #501-600 in Best Universities in world by 2021, # 94 in United States
- QS in World Universities Ranking Ranks #470 in 2020-21 , # 64 among Universities of USA, & # 301-500 Graduate Employability Ranking
- US News Ranks # 577 in World Universities, # 53 in National Universities, # 27 in Best colleges for Veterans, & # 40 in Best Value Schools in 2020-21.
- The Center for World Universities Ranking (CWUR) ranks # 436 in world and # 124 nationally 2019-2020.
- The Webometrics are measurements made at six-monthly intervals by Spanish Centro Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC) ranks # 318 in world, # 133 continentally, & # 114 in the country by 2020.
- According to Forbes it ranked # 113 in Top colleges 2019 & # 86 in Private colleges
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute ARWU Rankings
The Academic Ranking of World Universities is a global ‘Top 500’ ranking that is published annually by Shanghai Ranking Consultancy. This ranking uses a weighting of 67% for Web of Science data (highly cited researchers [22%], publications in Nature and Science [22%], and citations [22%]), while the remaining 33% is based on prizes (Nobel Prizes and Field Medals).
Academic Ranking of World University (ARWU) ranks Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute # 401-500 in world Universities Ranking and Nationally ranks #115-133 by the year 2019-2020.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute THE Rankings 2021
The British magazine Times Higher Education (THE) publishes a ranking of best universities in the world. This ranking uses a weighting of 38.5% for Scopus data (citations [30%], productivity [6%] and international cooperation [2.5%]), 33% for reputation and 28.5% for self-reported figures (numbers of staff, students and PhDs awarded [17.5%] and income [11%]). The Times Higher Education (THE) Ranks Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute # 501-600 in Best Universities in world, # 94 in the United States by 2021.
Subject Rankings of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 2021 by THE
|Engineering & Technology||# 301-400|
|Business and Economics||# 401-500|
|Physical Sciences||# 301-400|
|Computer Science||# 401-500|
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute QS Ranking 2021
QS Ranking uses a weighting of 50% for reputation and 20% for Scopus data (citations), while the remaining 30% is based on self-reported figures (numbers of staff and students) [20%] and internationalization [10%].QS in World Universities Ranking Ranks #470 in 2020-21 , # 64 among Universities of USA, & # 301-500 Graduate Employability Ranking. Graduate Employability Ranking is based on Graduate Employment Rate, Partnerships with Employers, Employer Reputation, Alumni Outcomes and Employer Student connections.
Subject wise Ranking by QS of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 2020-21
|Natural Sciences||# 370|
|Materials Sciences||# 201-250|
|Engineering-Electrical & Electronic||# 201-250|
|Engineering- Technology||# 260|
|Physics & Astronomy||# 301-350|
|Computer Science & Information System||# 351-400|
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute US News Ranking
The American magazine U.S. News also publishes a global ranking of universities. This ranking uses a weighting of 75% for Web of Science data (research performance) and 25% for the reputation among academics.
- # 577 in Best Global Universities
- # 53 in National Universities
- # 68 in Most Innovative Schools
- # 40 in Best Value Schools
- # 265 in Top Performers on Social Mobility
- # 32 in Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Subject Rankings by US News
|Computer Science||# 233|
|Electrical and Electronic Engineering||# 248|
|Material Sciences||# 131|
|Nanoscience and Nanotechnology||# 136|
|Biology and Biochemistry||# 443|
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute CWRU Rankings
The Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) is a consulting organization for higher education based in the United Arab Emirates. CWUR published its first world ranking of higher education institutions in 2012.The ranking is based on 7 indicators, calculated on the basis of data from independent public sources. These sources include research publications and research citations according to Clarivate Analytics (40%), major international prizes awarded to alumni (25%) and academic staff (10%), and CEO positions held by alumni in companies listed in the Forbes Global 2000 (25%).
|2016||# 289||# 111|
|2017||# 301||# 111|
|2018-19||# 430||# 124|
|2019-20||# 436||# 124|
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Webometrics Rankings
The Webometrics is compiled on the basis of measurements made at six-monthly intervals by the Spanish Centro Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC).University’s performance is measured on the basis of website activities and results, and on the impact and relevance of such activities and results. According to the measurement made in January 2020, the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) 318 in the world and 114th in USA and 133 in the Continent.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute National Ranking by NICHE
Niche is the best place to research U.S Colleges, Schools, neighbourhoods, & Companies. Every month millions of people use it’s easy-to-read & comprehensive report cards, rankings, & reviews to choose the right schools or neighbourhoods for people. Niche does rigorous cleaning and analysis on large data sets, and combines them with feedback from the community for nuanced insight that can’t be found anywhere else.
|Best Colleges for Information Technology||# 4 of 219|
|Best Colleges for Computer Science||# 27 of 821|
|Best Colleges for Architecture||# 30 of 157|
|Best Colleges for Design||#39 of 405|
|Best Colleges for Engineering||#45 of 449|
|Best Colleges for Physics||# 47 of 451|
|Best value Colleges||#49 of 1,572|
|Best Colleges for Communications||#53 of 878|
|Top Private Universities||#73 of 943|
|Best Colleges for Business||#75 of 1,192|
|Best Colleges for Math||# 76 of 775|
|Best Colleges that Accepts the common App in America||# 78 of 623|
|Best Colleges for Chemistry||#79 of 655|
|Colleges with the best Professors||# 84 of 1,596|
|Best Colleges for Psychology||#87 of 1,069|
|Best Test Optional Colleges||#83 of 1,137|
|Colleges with the best Academics||# 84 of 1,577|
|Best Colleges for Biology||#86 of 1,048|
|Hardest colleges to get||#105 of 1,660|
|Best Colleges||# 97 of 1,619|
|Most Diverse colleges||# 56 of 1,577|
|Best Colleges for Environmental Science||#293 of 1,589|
|Best Colleges for Student Athletes in America||# 144 of 1,380|
|Best college Athletics||#725 of 1,401|
|Safest College Campuses||#687 of 1,336|
Comparisons of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Vs University of Rochester by QS
Mentioned below is the comparison between Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute with University of Rochester.
|Basis||RPI||University of Rochester|
|Location||United States||United States|
|QS Rank, 2020||# 383||# 170|
|Age||> 100 years||> 100 years|
|Academic faculty staff||632||2,334|
Comparisons of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Vs University of Rochester by US News
|Basis||RPI||University of Rochester|
|U.S. News Ranking||#53 in National Universities||# 34|
|Average Alumni Starting||$ 70,100||$ 57,500|
|Total Undergraduate enrolment||6,241||6,780|
|Fall 2019 acceptance rate||47%||30%|
|4-year graduation rate||66%||80%|
|Tuition and Fees||$57,012||$58,208|
Why Choose Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute?
The Rankings and the Achievements of the University is enough to describe its quality education and Research. Here are some among its greatest works:
- RPI is highly interactive and engaged in research part which is clearly evident from its research report by 2020 where lots of its ongoing researches are mentioned for example : Research in Polymer coating by Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies (CBIS) at Rensselaer which focuses to extend life of Microelectrodes for the benefit of Paralyzed veterans
- RPI with St. Peter’s Health to expand lab facilities for Noble Coronavirus testing.
- Forbes in the year 2019 ranked Rensselaer # 113 in Top colleges, # 86 In Private Colleges, # 86 in Private Colleges, # 63 in Research Universities, # 55 in the Northeast.
- RPI has 32 research Centers, PhDs Awarded uptill 2018 are 161, with total graduated students are 1213 and Research Expenditures are $ 104 M.
- Not only this it has lists of Notable Scholars in their lists of Alumni like the Nobel Prize winner in Physics in 1973 by Ivar Giaever, Director of Linux International Jon Hall and many more.