Arizona State University Admission 2020-2021, Requirements, Deadlines & Application Process
Arizona State University Online offers online degree programs to domestic as well as international students The university is considered less competitive as it has a high acceptance rate of 85%. Arizona State University offers more than 200 fully online undergraduate, graduate and certificate programs to students who want to benefit from a personalized style of learning. As per the statistics, more than 30,000 students enroll every year, out of which 87% receive job opportunities within 90 days of their graduation completion.
- Applications are accepted for the fall, summer and spring semesters.
- The university has its own online portal for applications.
- ‘JN’ type visa is required for international applicants as classes are held online.
- ACT/ SAT/ GRE is required as per the course’s specific requirements.
|Admission Portal||University Portal|
|Application Fees||International: $115
|Minimum SAT score||1120|
|Minimum ACT score||22|
|Mode of payment||Credit Card, Money Order, MyASU Account|
|Intake seasons||Fall, Spring, Summer|
|Work Experience||Required for some graduate courses|
Arizona State University Online Admission Deadlines
International students must submit their applications for admission to ASU, along with the application fee, by the deadline specified for each semester.
|Spring||November 1||February 1|
|Summer||February 1||September 1|
Arizona State University Online International Admissions
Currently, Arizona State University Online offers 100+ undergraduate courses in a wide range of disciplines. International students need to apply via university portal. The basic admission requirements for International students are given below:
Apply Online: ASU’s Application for Admission
Application Fee: $115
- Higher Secondary School Certificate/Higher Secondary Certificate
- Official documents from secondary school, college, university/ technical school previously attended.
- Submit SAT/ ACT/ GRE scores.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA from a secondary school/ previous
- Transfer students are required to have a minimum 2.5 GPA (for most programs).
English Language Requirements
International applicants whose native language is not English need to provide an English language proficiency test score. Three exam scores are accepted: TOEFL, IELTS, and PTE. The minimum score required are:
|TOEFL||500 PBT/ 61 iBT||550 PBT/ 80 iBT|
|Pearson Test of English||53||60|
Note:- International applicants who currently reside outside the United States should select the visa type "JN" when completing the application. This type of visa indicates you will not be entering the United States and no financial guarantee documents will be required.
Student visas are not available to online students. Students who are residing in the US under an F1 student visa may not enroll in online programs.
Arizona State University Online Undergraduate Admissions
Most of the undergraduate admission requirements for domestic students are similar to that of international students. However, few of the distinctions are mentioned below:-
Application Fee: $70
Freshman applicants possessing a high school diploma must meet the following requirements will be admitted to ASU:-
- English - 4 years (composition/literature based)
- Math - 4 years - Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II and one-course requiring Algebra II as a prerequisite.
- Laboratory Science - 3 years from any of the following areas: Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Integrated Sciences and Physics)
- Social Science - 2 years (including American History)
- Foreign Language - 2 years (same language)
- Fine Arts - 1 year
In order to secure admission at ASU, students will need one of the following:-
- Top 25% in high school graduating class
- 3.00 GPA in competency courses (4.00 = "A")
- ACT: 22 (24 nonresidents)
- SAT: 1120 (1180 nonresidents)
Arizona State University Online Graduate Admissions
Arizona State University Online graduate courses attract students from around the globe. Applicants can choose from 69 different graduate courses to apply for. The most popular graduate courses are Engineering, Business, Humanities, Social Sciences and Arts.
Apply Online: Click Here to Apply
- A four-year U.S. bachelor's degree from a recognized international institution
- minimum of a 3.0 GPA
- Submission of English Language Proficiency scores.
|Programs||Academic Requirements||English Language Requirements|
|Online Master of Business Administration (MBA)||Official transcripts; GMAT or GRE test scores; Two letters of recommendation;
Current resume; Short-answer questions
|Master of Computer Science||Prerequisite Subjects: Computer Organization and Assembly Language Programming;
Data Structures and Algorithms; Operating Systems;
Official Transcripts; Statement of Purpose/ Resume;
Three letters of recommendation (Optional)
|TOEFL: 575 PBT
TOEFL: 90 iBT
IELTS (Academic version): 7
|Master of Arts in Criminal Justice||Official transcripts; Two letters of recommendation; A written statement||N/A|
|Master of Science in Business Journalism||Official transcripts; Resume; Personal statement of interest (300 to 500 words)||TOEFL:100 iBT|
After submitting the online admission application, students will receive an ASUrite ID and activation code via email. The ASUrite allows students to track their application status online through My ASU. Once admitted, it is important to check the eligibility criteria for registration.