Rady School of Management: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 2003, Rady School of Management is a part University of California, San Diego. This management school is named after Local Businessman Ernst Rady who funded its establishment. Rady School of Management, accredited by AACSB, is one of the most popular business schools offering academic programs in a modern and technology-equipped environment. Rady School has the best faculty and the best facilities. It offers undergraduate minors, MBA, masters in finance, accounting and business analytics.
Rady School of Management Rankings
- Rady School of Management has been ranked 96 in 2020 by Financial Times.
- US News ranked 89 in Best Business Schools in 2020.
- US News ranked its Part-Time MBA 43 in 2020.
- Its full-time MBA is ranked 16 by Princeton Review, 2019.
|No. of Campuses||1|
|Mode of Program||Full-time/Part-time|
|Total Students||1000 (approx.)|
|Average Tuition Fee||54,020 USD|
|Contact number||+1 858-534-9000|
Rady School of Management Campus
- Minutes away from the Pacific Ocean Views, Rady School of Management is located at UC San Diego Campus, La Jolla, California.
- Students can find Peet's Coffee shop, bars and many places to hangout near the campus.
- Rady School of Management’s campus has four large Seminar halls, a library, student center, conference rooms and multipurpose rooms all equipped with the latest technology and amazing facilities. The classes are way too innovative and have audio and visual teleconferencing systems.
- Otterson hall ( 52000 square feet) and Wells Fargo Hall( 84000 square feet) are well-built halls having classrooms, student centers and common area. These are published on many architectural booklets for their amazing built.
- Students Organizations such as Asian Business Club, Analytics Club, Consulting Club, RadyQ(LGBTQ+) Club, Women of Rady etc are part and parcel of students' life at Rady School of Management. Through these students interact with Successful business leaders, visit companies, and much more.
Rady School of Management Residence
- There are no on-campus residence facilities for students.
- Students can seek off-campus accommodations for rent around the campus.
- There are many ways through which students can rent shared flats, lodges, hostels, etc.
- Websites such as Apartment.com, Zillow help students to find suitable places.
Rady School of Management Programs
- Rady School of Management offers undergraduate minors in Business, Accounting, E & I and Supply Chain. It also offers many executive Education Courses.
- MBA is offered in two modes - Full Time and Flex Time. Flex Time mode is for working professionals and classes are held on weekends. MBA is the most popular course of Rady School and is widely recognized by US News, Bloomberg and Princeton.
- The other courses offered are-
- M.Sc in Finance
- M.Sc in Professional Accounting
- M.Sc in Business Analytics
Rady School of Management Application Process
Students interested in pursuing higher studies and taking admission at Rady School of Management should know that:
- The admissions at Rady School of Management are offered on a rolling basis with an admission deadline on April 1.
- Students can apply through the online portal for admission at Rady School of Management.
- Application Fee: MBA - 200 USD, Other Master Courses- 140 USD
- More than 2000 students enrolled for Postgraduate Degrees. 40 % of Students are International.
- Documents Required: Application Form, Transcripts (translated if not in English), resume/CV, two recommendations, GMAT, or equivalent GRE scores.
- There are some specific program requirements that need to be fulfilled:
- MBA - There are 3 short answer questions and 2 essays that need to be submitted along with the application.
- M.Sc Business Analytics- Quantitative Background(Internship/course/job) such as C++/SAS/R/MatLAB
- M.Sc Finance - Quantitative Background in Mathematics/Statistics
- Master of Professional Accounting - Strong Accounting Foundation Courses.
- English Proficiency Scores: In addition to the other admission requirements, students not having English as their native language need to prove proficiency in English language by providing one of the following certificates with the minimum scores as mentioned:
Rady School of Management Cost of Attendance
The cost of attendance varies according to different courses. The tuition fee for different courses is tabulated below:
|Course||Cost (In USD)|
|MBA||54,968 USD For Full Academic Year|
|Masters in Business Analytics||1,160 USD per Credit Hour (Minimum 50 Credits)|
|Masters in Finance||1,120 USD Per Credit Hour(Minimum 52 Credits)|
|Master of Professional Accountancy||60,000 USD for Full Academic Year|
The cost of living is tabulated below:
|Expenses||Cost (In USD Per Month)|
|Furnished Accommodation for Rent||2030 USD|
|Student Lodges for Rent||1413 USD|
|Food||300 USD - 400 USD|
|Utilities (Laundry etc)||130 USD|
Rady School of Management International Scholarships
- There are very few Scholarships that the Rady School of Management provides to International Students.
- All international students will automatically be considered for merit-based scholarships upon getting admitted. No external application is required for the same.
- Students enrolled in Master of Professional Accountancy can apply for a fellowship worth 10,000 USD.
- There are no further scholarships for graduate students, however, students can apply for private educational loans.
- The undergraduate students can appear for Scholarship Tests by Graduate Management Admission Council, Certified Management Accountants and Institute of Internal Audit. The amount varies each year.
- Furthermore, students may look for a wide range of international scholarships in the USA to make their education affordable.
Rady School of Management Alumni
- The Rady School of Management has produced some amazing talents. The Rady Alumni Association helps its current students connect with Alumni, grow networks and search for better opportunities.
- The School helps its Alumni through Career Coaching, Personalized Coaching Sessions, Review of Resume, Cover letters and many different courses are available to build skill sets.
- Alumni can refer a student and all alumni can join the Alumni Network - The Rady Network. Some of the Notable Alumni are-
- Ashley Van Zeeland - Co-Founder and CEO of Cypher Genomics
- Royan Kamyar - President CEO Owaves
- Lu Yao - Data Analyst, DexCom
- Viet Phung - Analyst at Goldman Sachs
Rady School of Management Placement
- According to published reports, 73% of Students accepted Summer Internships in 2019 and 70 % of students got employed during 2018.
- The Career Center helps its students with one on one Career Sessions, Review of Resume, Mock Interviews, Job Applications, GDs etc.
- ACG, Bicom, Connect, HBA, MSPACE, Net Impact, National Black MBA association Inc etc are some of its employment partners.
- Some of the recruiters at The Rady School of Management were:
- McKinsey, Ernst and Young, Gartner, Shepherd Ventures, Illumina Inc, HP Inc, IBM, Tesla Motors, Amazon.com Ic, Kaiser Permanenre, Xendee etc
QS World University
Ranked #51 - #100
Academy Ranking of World Universities
Ranked #101 - #150
Ranked #76 - #100
Social Studies (International)
During my visit to California, I visited the college and I liked the campus and the infrastructure of the college a lot. There, I had a desire to do my MBA from here, and also the opportunities in the college is very good. This is the reason why I made my application to the college for $50. The application form is filled up via the online portal.
Course Curriculum :
The college is accredited to AACSB. The course curriculum is very well structured and gives the opportunity for the students to explore and learn about business administration by heart. The program opens up lots of employment opportunities as well as increment opportunities for the countries.
This is one of the highest-ranked private colleges in the United States that offers one of the best MBA courses. One of the reasons why I liked the college so much in my visit was the college campus and building and also the atmosphere. I applied to the college online for an application fee of $50.
Course Curriculum :
The course covers all aspects of the administration of the business. Starting from managements and moving onto the finance and then into production and marketing. Everything is covered in this two-year course. The course is very industry oriented.
I had applied for the master's program through a consultancy and they recommended the college as it moved up 19 places in the past years and also satisfied my bachelor's GPA. The college charges an application fee of $200 and needs the student to submit official transcripts and resume along with the online application form.
Course Curriculum :
I opted for a full-time MBA program that was for 2 years. The program offers analytical and theoretical frameworks to improve the students' decision-making skills. The program offers practical skills in entrepreneurship. The course emphasizes teamwork and work experience. The projects are assigned based on real-life issues for the students to get a basic idea of the market outside.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary