Muma College of Business, University of South Florida: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Muma College of Business is the Business school wing of the University of South Florida (USF) in Tampa, Florida. Accredited by the AACSB, the Muma College of Business has a recent total student number of 6,059 with 17% of that number being international students and is run with a mission of shaping business thinkers and equipping students with the skills and knowledge to take leading positions in business and society. With the total gift donation of up to 41.2 million USD, the college of business is named after the couple, Pam and Les Muma.
Popular programs at USF Muma College of Business include marketing, entrepreneurship, sports business, and health care administration. Admissions at Muma College of Business are accepted through GMAT scores for all the degrees (MBA, Ex Mba, MS, and Ph.D.) The course curriculum at Muma provides an opportunity to enhance overall knowledge, skills, and abilities for students or professionals who want to make it big in their respective fields.
USF Muma College School of Business is ranked:
- 99-131 in the list of Best Business Schools by U.S. News and World Report in 2020
- 201+ in QS Global rankings for Top MBA in 2020
- 97th in the list of Part-time MBA by U.S. News and World Report in 2020
- 95th in U.S. News and World list of the online MBA program in 2020
|Type of university||Public|
|The student to faculty ratio||15:1|
|Number of faculty||97|
|Total number of students||5800|
|Cost of attendance (Undergraduate International Students)||USD 34,360|
|Cost of attendance (Graduate International Students)||USD 33,722|
- There are 21 student organizations at USF Muma College of Business
- Muma College of Business is home to 97 faculty, 11 adjuncts, and 82 staff members.
- USF Muma College of Business is home to several centers of excellence such: the Center for Marketing and Sales Innovation, the Center for Entrepreneurship, the Center for Creativity and Analytics, the Monica Wooden Center for Supply Chain Management & Sustainability and the Small Business Development Center.
- USF offers 19 men’s and women’s varsity teams competing in 11 different sports, with 18 of these teams at the NCAA Division I level in the American Athletic Conference.
- In the fall of 2019, Muma College of Business had a total of 6,059 students with undergraduates being 4,770, graduates being 1,289, and international students taking up to 17%
- There are four apartment-style housing, seven traditional residence halls, and suite-style housing available in nine residence halls at USF for Muma College of Business students.
- Amenities at USF include living room furnished with a sofa and chair (apartment), gaming area, multipurpose room, laundry room, kitchen (refrigerator and range inclusive), community bathrooms, 24-hour on-call emergency maintenance, Ethernet connection, study lounge, media lounge, cable TV, and shower curtain liner, and bathroom shared with apartment-mates.
- At USF, there are room features such as twin XL bed, dresser, In-room sink (suite-style), desk, built-in closet (apartments), and a chair per student.
- There are suitable housing at Beacon Hall (Suite-style housing) for LGBTQ+ students
- USF provides adequate accommodations to students with disabilities. For accommodations, disabled students are to submit their applications and supporting medical documentation in writing through USF housing portal.
- Muma College of Business offers ten undergraduate programs, 11 graduate programs, two doctoral programs, and three undergraduate and seven graduate certificate programs in concentrations like- accounting, entrepreneurship, finance, management, and marketing. Special recognition to disciplines of sports business, healthcare administration, and supply chain management have been given by career in business counselors.
- Five undergraduate programs namely Bulls to Business Program (a four-week summer preparatory course for first-year business students), Corporate Mentor Program (a program where business professionals provide guidance and opportunities for first-generation students), Business Honors Program (a highly selective program that provides talented students with opportunities to learn from USF’s best faculty), Living Learning Communities (residential communities with a special emphasis on an academic major or an area of interest), Business Ethics Initiative (a program that provides a new opportunity for USF to recognize undergraduate students who have made significant efforts to learn about and promote ethical behavior, specifically as it applies to business) have made it to ‘Special Distinction Programs’ in the University of South Florida, grad schools.
- There are three MBA programs offered at Muma College of Business namely: professional MBA, Executive MBA, and Online MBA, in various fields of study.
- At Muma College of Business, all undergraduates are certified Citizen Data Scientists when they receive their bachelor’s degrees because they all take the required courses in analytics and creativity.
International students seeking admissions at the College can follow the below-mentioned admission details:
- Undergraduate: 30 USD
- Graduate: 30 USD
- Undergraduate: Academic transcripts and English translation for all documents not issued in English, high school certificate (minimum GPA of 2.5), diplomas or certificates (if available), SAT/ ACT, TOEFL/IELTS, Immunization History Form, financial statement and specific course requirements.
- Graduate: Bachelor degree (minimum GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale), financial statement, Immunization History Form, Unofficial Transcripts, Résumé, statement of Purpose, GMAT or GRE, three recommendation letters (at least one must be a professional reference), interview (if required) and program-specific requirements.
- Undergraduate: Fall: June 1, Spring: October 1
- Graduate: Fall: June 1, Spring: October 15, Summer (MAcc and MS Finance applicants only): February 15.
Student Class Size:
- Percentage of international students: 17%
- Average SAT: 1230-1350
- Average ACT: 27-30
- Graduation rate: 76%, retention rate: 90%
- Undergraduate/Graduate: TOEFL (iBT) : 79, IELTS: 6.5
Transcripts are to be mailed to:
Office of Admissions
University of South Florida
4202 E. Fowler Avenue, SVC 1036
Tampa, FL 33620-6900
Cost of Attendance
The estimated annual cost of attendance 2020-21 for international students, in the Spring and Fall intakes is presented in the table below:
|On-campus residents||Tuition||Housing and meals||Books and supplies||Miscellaneous||Health Insurance||Total|
|Off-campus residents||Tuition||Housing and meals||Books and supplies||Miscellaneous||Health Insurance||Total|
- In the 2019-20 academic year, 600,000 USD worth of scholarship was awarded to almost 300 students
- Scholarships are to be applied through the USF AwardSpring System for the 2020/21 academic session.
- 60% of full-time USF undergraduates receive at least one form of aid
- Types of financial aid available to international students include fellowships, scholarships, grants, outside loans, and student jobs.
- Example of financial aids available to students include
- USF International Student Scholarship: With an amount of 4,000 USD with up to 1,000 USD per annum, this scholarship is awarded exclusively to international students. The criterion is for this scholarship is 3.30+ GPA and 1180+ SAT (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing & Math only) or 24+ ACT
- USF International Transfer Student Scholarship: With an amount of 2,000 USD or 500 USD per semester, this scholarship is open to international transfer students. The criterion is a cumulative postsecondary GPA of 3.40 or higher with a minimum of 60 transferable credit hours. Application deadline by June 1.
- Foreign Fulbright Program: The grant covers tuition and fees, books and supplies, travel expense, cost of living stipend, and health insurance.
- Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship Program: The scholarship is a 50% grant awarded to international students by the Aga Khan Foundation
Benefits of Muma College of Business alumni include:
- Members enjoy Global Career Service such as business resources and networking groups, finance and compensation information, resume/CV advice and samples, country employment outlook, etc
- Unique life and health insurance program
- USF Corporate Training and Professional Education
- Alumni enjoy library privileges at all USF institutions
Notable Muma College of Business alumni include:
- Rich Ferrari –Co-founder De Novo Ventures and member board of directors at HeartBeam
- Marshall Phillips -Director of accounting and treasury at the University of Tampa
- Fadwa Hilili -Associate Director at Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation
- William Bakos - OEM procurement business operations manager at Apple.
- 92.3% of the 222 students who graduated after the 2019 fall semester with full-time jobs awaiting, were involved in Muma College of Business Internship program or outside experience
- Employers at Muma College of Business include Mosiac, Gartner, Amazon, Goldman Sachs, Tech Data, RAYMOND JAMES, K-FORCE, etc
- USF Muma College of Business is reported by the Florida Board of Governors to have the highest business job placement rate among state schools with 66.4% of graduates starting in positions making at least 40,000 USD.
- According to PayScale, the average salary of USF graduates is 65,000 USD
Find a Program
Times Higher Education
Ranked #201 - #250
International Business (International)
I found about this college through my friend who also studies there. The college had offered great opportunities. Their academic program was very good. The admission form was filled by me through their official website. I had also paid an application fee of $30.
Course Curriculum :
This was a well-established program. It was concentrated on sports and entertainment management but it had also provided me the basic knowledge of business management. It had consisted of on-the-job work in the sport and entertainment industry. I had developed professionally and personally.
I had my relatives there who had suggested this college to me for pursuing my MBA. I liked all the opportunities offered by the college. The admission procedure was fully online. I had filled the online application form through its official website. I had also paid an application fee of $30.
Course Curriculum :
The course was very balanced and fair. I had enjoyed all the classes there. This program helped me develop analytical skills and creative abilities. I had also benefitted through the team collaboration program that helped me to enhance my leadership skills in real-world situations. There were opportunities for case competitions.
I chose this mainly because of the suggestion from one of my senior who was also a student of this college. Apart from that, I checked a lot of other websites and reviews of the college and finally came to the conclusion that it is suitable for me. I applied to the college online for an application fee of $50
Course Curriculum :
The good thing about the course is that it has a lot of focus on innovation and creativity, unlike most other MBA courses. The course requires completing a project in the semester based on the theories covered. This makes a lot more interesting as well.
After my graduation, I was surfing the web and was searching for colleges that provide masters in data analytics. After searching and analyzing a lot I was amazed by the reviews and ratings of this college. I applied through the online application process which cost me $30.
Course Curriculum :
This course provided me the in-depth knowledge required by the analysts. Also, I feel my course curriculum is not putting any pressure on us. All the semesters are designed in such a way that they also provide the practical application of each and every subject.
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary