The College of Saint Rose: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Saint Rose College offers numerous study programs ranging from undergraduate studies, graduate studies to certifications through its four schools. About 34 states and 61 countries are represented through Saint Rose’s student body. The College has an acceptance rate of 87% where admitted first-year students had an average high school GPA of 88% or above. Besides a high acceptance rate, the college also has good placement records, graduation and retention rates which makes it one of the renowned institutions under the U.S. Education System.
Almost 99% of students received financial aid directly from the College of Saint Rose. A meritorious student receives an average financial aid of 17,430 USD on the basis of GPA and test scores. 80% of the students who responded to the survey had participated in an internship or student- teaching, clinical practicum. Internships were offered in companies like The Walt Disney Company, CommerceHub, New York State Assembly, iHeartMedia, Cigna Health Insurance.
College of Saint Rose Rankings
|Basis of Ranking||Ranking|
|US News & World Report|
|The best college for undergraduate teaching||#22|
|Best regional university in North in 2021 edition||#96|
|The top performer on social mobility||#73|
|Ranking in Albany||5th|
|Ranking in the US||1062nd|
|Ranking in World||3791st|
|Times Higher Education|
|US College Ranking 2021||600th|
|Institute Type||Private, Coed|
|Campus Location||Albany, New York|
|Mode of Program||Full-time, online|
|Total Enrollment (as of Fall 2018)||3,993|
|First-year average student SAT score||Math: 544; Critical reading: 530|
|Average financial aid package||27,684 USD|
|2018 Endowment||44.7 Million USD|
College of Saint Rose Campus
- College of Saint Rose campus is based in Albany, New York, the capital of the city, sprawling over 48 acres of land.
- The college has over 40 student association clubs that help the students grow.
- Saint Rose also has numerous athletic associations, distributed for men and women intercollegiate levels and more, a part of the NCAA Division II.
- As the capital city of New York, Albany boosts culture and an opening for the people to explore. The downtown’s huge Empire State Plaza offers reflecting pools, art-filled underground shopping concourses and The Egg, a performing arts center.
College of Saint Rose Residence
- 80% of first-year undergraduates choose to live on-campus.
- Saint Rose offers on-campus student residences for interested people. The first years have a few residence options like Brubacher Hall, Lima Hall and RCC (Riley, Carondelet, and Cavanaugh Halls).
- Transfer students and upper-class students have campus residence options, including suite-style buildings, townhouses, Victorian-style houses, and apartments.
- Most halls have features like kitchens, laundry rooms and a common room.
- All residence hall rooms are equipped with a standard twin bed, a desk, chair, dresser, and a wardrobe or built-in closet.
- The rooms are also equipped with a computer jack per resident of the room and have access to the College’s Wi-Fi network.
College of Saint Rose Courses
- College of Saint Rose offers 47 undergraduate degree programs and 30 master’s degree programs through their school.
- There are 4 schools at Saint Rose offering various degree options:
- School of Arts and Humanities
- Huether School of Business
- Thelma P. Lally School of education
- School of Mathematics and Sciences
- The degrees offered to undergraduate students at Saint Rose in bachelor’s degrees (BA degrees & BS degrees) include subjects like accounting, business administration, computer science, cybersecurity and more.
- Master’s programs include MBA, MSED, MS in subjects like business analytics, computer science, educational psychology, IT, school counseling and many others.
- The college also offers 7 undergraduate certification programs, 19 advanced certification programs and 13 accelerated/dual degree programs.
- Saint Rose also partners with other universities to bring programs to their students, like, BA/BS from Saint Rose + BS engineering in partnership with Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, MBA from Saint Rose + JD in partnership with Albany School of Law, etc.
- The top 5 popular majors in the undergraduate class of 2018 were Business Administrations, Communications, Criminal Justice Behavior and Law, Forensic psychology and Psychology.
- Among the most popular graduate programs were Master of Business Administration, School Psychology, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Educational Leadership and Administration and Mental Health Counseling.
College of Saint Rose Application Process
College of Saint Rose accepts applications on a rolling basis. However, there are preferred deadlines specified by the college for the submission of applications. Submitting before priority deadlines give applicants priority consideration.
How to Apply?
The process for admission to the College of Saint Rose has been discussed below:
Application fee: 40 USD
Application deadline: UG: Early-action deadline - December 1; PG: Summer- March 15, Fall- June 1, Spring- October 15
Admission requirements: The following documents must be submitted along with the application for admission:
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions. International transcripts must be submitted along with evaluation from WES or ECE.
- SAT/ACT scores
- Essay (optional)
- Music and Art applicants are required to complete an audition or portfolio review.
- GRE/MAT or edTPA score
- Personal Statement
- Certification/Licensure documentations
- English proficiency scores
- Certificate of finances
- Copy of passport
English language Requirements
International applicants must submit one of the following test scores to prove proficiency in the English language:
College of Saint Rose Cost of Attendance
International students must estimate budget expenses for studying in the U.S. A summary of expenses to study at the College of Saint Rose:
|Expenditure Item||Undergraduate Students||Graduate Students|
|Tuition||33,152 USD per year||799 USD/credit|
|Room (double)||6,712 USD||6,394 USD|
|Meal Plan (mid-level)||6,446 USD||6,320 USD|
|Books and supplies||1,200 USD||1,200 USD|
|Personal expenses||1,500 USD||1,500 USD|
|Transportation costs||500 USD||500 USD|
College of Saint Rose Scholarships/Financial Aid
- International Students at Saint Rose are eligible for merit scholarships.
- Saint Rose annually awards renewable merit-based scholarships to full-time freshman applicants who demonstrate superior achievement in academics, art, music, and/or athletics, through high school average, SAT/ACT scores, and class rank.
- There is no requirement for a separate application to apply for scholarships.
- Students, who are admitted to Saint Rose by February 1, are automatically considered for the award.
- College of Saint Rose Scholarship is awarded to students based on academic achievements, SAT/ ACT, class rank, art, music, etc. The maximum amount awarded is 10,000 USD.
- Transfer Scholarship is awarded to full-time transfer students who have accumulated 45 credit hours enrolled in Associate in Science, Associate in Arts and Associate in Applied Science.
- Art and Music Scholarship is awarded to recognize extraordinary talent based on art portfolio or music audition.
- International students are also eligible for graduate scholarships and assistantships. Both forms of aid are based on academic merit and require separate applications.
- Some commonly awarded scholarships for freshmen applicants submitting SAT or ACT scores are as follows:
|Name of Scholarship||GPA||SAT||ACT||Amount Awarded|
|Trustees Scholarship||94 or above||1180-1600||27||22,000 USD|
|Presidential Scholarship||92 or above||1090-1180||23||20,000 USD|
|Provost Scholarship||87 or above||1020-1120||22||18,000 USD|
|Saint Rose Award||85 or above||1000-1120||21||16,000 USD|
College of Saint Rose Alumni Network
- Saint Rose alumni are all eligible to avail of any of the many benefits the college gives to their students. A few of them include:
- Alumni Donor Benefits
- Alumni event invitations
- Alumni family scholarship opportunities
- Exclusive audit discount
- Career services and many more
- Few notable Saint Rose alumni include:
- Jimmy Fallon - American Comedian
- Betty Little - New York State Senator
- Glen Barker - Baseball Player
- Marilee Jones - Author
College of Saint Rose Placements
98% of the College of Saint Rose graduates are either employed and/or continuing education. 98% of the employed people found job/employment within a year of graduation. 12% of graduates are enrolled in medical, doctorate or law programs.
Saint Rose graduates are employed at J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Billboard, General Electric and many other reputed establishments. The career center at Saint Rose equips students to use any of the numerous services they provide, including, career counseling, career/job/graduate fairs, career planning, career resources and more.
The placement information of The College of Saint Rose graduates after 2 years of graduation is following:
|Median salary||USD 34,800 Per Year|
|25% of graduate earn less than||USD 23,800 Per Year|
|25% of graduate earn more than||USD 47,200 Per Year|
The placement information of The College of Saint Rose graduates after 6 years of graduation is following:
|Median salary||USD 43,800 Per Year|
|25% of graduate earn less than||USD 29,600 Per Year|
|25% of graduate earn more than||USD 57,400 Per Year|
The average salary of graduate/alumni of Saint Rose by Emolument is as follow:
|Public Sector & Not for Profit||70,000 USD|
|Education & Research||35,000 USD|
|Bachelor of Arts||90,000 USD|
Ques. What is the acceptance rate of The College of Saint Rose?
Ans. The College of Saint Rose is selective while shortlisting students for admissions. The acceptance rate in fall 2019 was 87%.
Ques. What is the ranking of The College of Saint Rose?
Ans. US News has been ranked 22nd for best undergraduate teaching college while Times Higher Education has been ranked it among 600th in US College Ranking 2021.
Ques. Who are some notable alumni of The College of Saint Rose?
Ans. Jimmy Thomas Fallon (American Actor), Betty Little (Former New York State Senator), Glen Barker (Baseball Player), Loretta Preska (Former Judge of US), and Brian Patneaude (American Saxophonist) are some notable alumni of The College of Saint Rose.
Ques. What is the tuition fee of The College of Saint Rose?
Ans. The tuition fee for college is USD 34,354 in the term of 2020-21.
Ques. Is The College of Saint Rose a good college in the US?
Ans. US News & World Report has ranked The College of Saint Rose 96th best regional universities in North. Times Higher Education has also ranked it under the top 600 universities in the world, so it can be said quite good.
Ques. Do only catholic students study at The College of Saint Rose?
Ans. Though, The College of Saint Rose is a catholic origin college but students from all over the world study here. So, almost every religion of students studies here.
Ques. What is total student enrolment at The College of Saint Rose?
Ans. A total of 4000 student study at The College of Saint Rose
Ques. What financial aid is available at The College of Saint Rose?
Ans. The College of Saint Rose is a member of the Federal Family Education Loan (FAFSA). It provides grants, scholarships, and other need-based financial aid to its students
Ques. What type of housing facilities are available at The College of Saint Rose?
Ans. About 60,000 students call Albany their home. It is quite easy to find a home on different budgets.
Ques. What is a living experience in Albany?
Ans. The College of Saint Rose is located in the capital of New York State. There are clubs, organizations, theatre available here. Crossgates Mall is the third largest mall in the state. Other than that, there are many on-and-off places here to discover.
Ques. Can a student change schedules at The College of Saint Rose?
Ans. Students should consult with an advisor to make changes in their schedule.
Ques. If a student is not available to take in-person classes at The College of Saint Rose, can he/she opt for online classes?
Ans. Yes. It can be done. The students have the option to change the mode of classes after consulting the advisors.
FIND A PROGRAM
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Application Portal :https://www.strose.edu/admissions/first-year-students/apply/
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
In order to pursue my dream to do something in the public health sector, I applied to several universities in America for a bachelor's degree in my required domain. I got my first approval from this university, and the application fee was around $40 I think.
Course Curriculum :
I had been given a mixture of social work, political science, behavioral ethics, public relationship management, psychological aspects, in terms of the course syllabus. While going through my course, I had learned many new things regarding my domain.
I opted for this university because of the high-quality education with worldwide acknowledgment, it provides to its students. I applied and got acceptance from three universities in the USA. The application form cost was $40. My academic records played a vital role in my approval for admission to this college.
Course Curriculum :
The kind of syllabus in my course that I had been exposed to was set in such a way so that I could learn the branch of chemistry from basic to advance level. The laboratory part was also up to the mark, I learned a lot of things while performing experiments.
I was exploring this university online and was taking a virtual tour of it as I got to know about it from many different places. So, after exploring a lot I finally decided to opt for this university because of many reasons. I applied for admission online via the free common app.
Course Curriculum :
Our specialized program goes beyond traditional data analytics, addressing how that analysis is applied to decision-making in a real business environment. Core work includes theory, mathematics, and computer science.
I really liked the small classroom sizes compared to the bigger colleges and lecture halls. It's a pretty small school so you always run into someone you know or have seen before on campus. I really liked my major as well. This college was in the heart of Albany and is very easy to get around, plus there are so many options if you are bored to do something.
Course Curriculum :
I love it the rigorous curriculum
I had heard the College of Saint Rose has an excellent Music program. They are a reasonable priced institution and I am glad I chose to go here.
Course Curriculum :
I love it. The courses are all amazing and I am having so much fun learning in my classes. I do not think the classes are super difficult but that's okay, I am doing very well in my classes.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
- Train Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary