Montserrat College of Art Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
With an annual acceptance rate of about 79% the Montserrat College of Art, USA offers all its applicants the liberty to choose from various study fields. Montserrat College of Arts offers admission to students in Bachelor of Fine Arts degree with a number of concentrations and 5 minors.
- The college accepts admissions twice a year- Fall and Spring.
- Also, the applications are to be done online.
- While TOEFL is considered to be the major mode of selection, the students may be asked to submit ACT and SAT scores under certain cases.
- An application fee of $ 50 must also be attached to the same. It can be paid online through their online portal
|Application fee||$ 50 (non-refundable)|
|Application||Online/ Common App|
|Mode of payment||online portal|
|No. of students||374|
|Intake seasons||Spring and Fall|
|Academic Calendar||Semester based|
Montserrat College Of Arts International Admissions
Montserrat offers Bachelor in the Fine Arts degree programs with a variety of courses available:
- Art Education
- Book Arts
- Graphic Design
- Sculpture, etc.
Montserrat College of Arts also offers 5 minor programs to its students:
- Art Education
- Art History
- Creative Writing
- Curatorial Studies
- Entrepreneurship in the Arts
NOTE- Students looking for financial aid or scholarship need to apply before the priority deadline to be eligible for the same. The priority deadlines for admission at Montserrat College of Arts is February 15(Fall) and December 1(Spring).
English Language Proficiency
NOTE- International students can join Montserrat’s English Language Program(ELP) to enhance their English skills.
Also, English proficiency can be exempted for students who have completed university-level studies in English.
- Application Form or the Common App
- Proof of English proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS)
- A translated version of all academic transcripts (senior secondary school/ university)
- Portfolio with 12-15 recent art pieces
- College Essay(300-500 words)
- SAT/ ACT Scores (recommended, not required though)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
International students require the F-1 student visa to study in the USA, for which they need to get an I-20 form issued by the college/ university.
Requirements to get I-20 form:
- Montserrat College of Arts acceptance- Students need to be accepted in Montserrat’s Bachelor of Fine Arts program.
- Financial Documentation- Students need to provide complete financial documentation with funding for nine months of study at Montserrat. The documents required include:
- Montserrat I-20 Request Form
- Bank statement from parent or sponsor
- Letter of Support by parent/ sponsor
- Proof of support for the funding source
- Statement of Financial Responsibility Form provided by Montserrat
- Tuition Deposit- Accepted students need to pay $ 250 as tuition deposit which is transferable and non-refundable if paid before the deadlines.
Students are supposed to apply early to ensure acceptance to the college because the I-20 Form processing takes about 3-6 weeks.
After receiving the I-20 Form, international students can apply for a student visa to study in the USA at the US Consulate or Embassy in their home country.
Documents required for Visa processing:
- Montserrat College of Art’s Letter of Acceptance
- I-20 Form
- Financial Documents
- Valid passport (minimum for 6-months)
- Proof of return after completion of the degree
Students would be called for a visa interview to check English communication skills and the intentions to study in the USA. If the Embassy approves the application, the student would receive the stamp in their passport, which is the student visa.
The Montserrat College of Art, USA encourages diversity among its students. It gives all its students a global exposure and provides an enriched way to acquire knowledge. They also offer scholarships to international students and other on-campus employment opportunities as they are not allowed to work outside the campus.