The Central University of Rajasthan was established in the year 2009 by an associate Act of Parliament, the Central Universities Act 2009. In the year of 2010, this University was assigned more than five hundred and eighteen (518) acres of land at Bandarsindri on Jaipur- Ajmer Road.
- The University recently started 6 new Post Graduate Programs from its temporary field at Kishangarh. The courses include M.A. in political economy and English, M.Sc. in Chemistry and applied science, M. Tech. in applied science, Media Studies and M.Sc. in Physics.
- The university has a well equipped master’s programme covering various disciplines. These twenty departments are well equipped with analytical facilities and scope for pursuing post-doctoral research.
- The Central University of Rajasthan has been established by an associate degree Act of Parliament (Act No. 25 of 2009, The Gazette of Bharat, No. 27.
- It is totally funded by the Bharat Government and received central accreditation on 20th March 2009.
- The authorities have allotted 518 acres for the permanent location of the University which is quite near to Kishangarh, in Bandra Sindri, directly on NH8 which links Jaipur to Ajmer.
Academic Overview: The university has a rich academic tradition which it has been nurturing through quality faculty and research facilities. Along with good faculty, it also has a wide range of departments and courses. Some of these departments are listed below-
- Culture and Media studies
- Environmental Science
- NSS activities are divided into 2 major teams. There is the regular NSS unit and the special bivouacking program team.
- Natural calamities & National Emergencies
- National Days and Celebrations: The service theme programs additionally embody the celebration of National days. The aim of such a provision is to celebrate such occasions in a very appropriate manner.
- There are various extempore and debate competitions that take place from time to time. The university also emphasizes on additional activities that refresh both body and mind. These include various intra university events, inter university cultural festivals, yoga classes and the like.
- The hostels come with wonderful mess facilities, medical facilities, sports facilities, and administration. There is a separate unit each for boys and girls.
- There are 2 fully-furnished hostels which have twenty four hour security provisions.
- Facilities include cots, curtains, storage space, study tables and various recreational facilities.
- These include DTH television, table tennis facilities and sports facilities for table games, tennis, chess, volleyball, cricket and other games.
- There are medical facilities including care boxes present at every hostel.
- There is a good mess service for each hostel that is governed through the CURAJ mess committee made up entirely by the students.
- More than 16000 reference and text books
- 10500+ Online journals
- IEEE subscription
Guidance Cell: The guidance Cell of the University not only provides placement help for students, it also helps scholars come up with ideal preparation measures for tests. There are other features such as-
- Summer placement programs
- Final placement assistance
- Liaison with senior officers of companies
- Building communication links with industrial organizations
- An attempt to match student desires with industry experience
- Events and seminars
- Periodic presentations on power point
- Guest lectures from leading corporate personalities
- Maru-Kriti: It is the annual cultural festival of the Central University of Rajasthan. The festival is a reflection of the very best of Rajasthan. This includes traditional dances, drama, art, cultural activities, fashion shows, songs and other activities.
- Single lady kid Scholarship of Rs. 2000 - per month by UGC (Government of India)
- Scholarships of Rs. 1000/- per month to 1st 3 Toppers in every program of Central University of Rajasthan
- Post –Graduate benefit Scholarship for University Rank Holders at undergrad Level of Rs. 2000/- per month by UGC (Government of India)
- Post –Graduate Scholarship for electing SC/ST candidates of Rs. 5000/- per month (M. Tech.) and Rs. 3000/- per month for alternative skilled courses.