Swedish University of Agriculture Sciences, the only agricultural university of Sweden, was established in 1977 with a focus on sustainability. In THE’s Ranking list, SLU ranks #36 in the world, and also ranks Sweden’s best “young university”. SLU’s 4 subjects rank in the top 10 world ranked subjects. Also, according to QS WUR Subject Rankings, Agriculture and Forestry subject ranks at #3 and Veterinary Science subject ranks at #2 on the list making the university one of the prestigious universities of Sweden and worldwide.
|Types of Programs||Master’s; Doctorate|
|No. of Programs (taught in English)||Master’s - 21|
|Duration of Program||2 years|
|Residence Permit Required||Yes|
Programs, Campus, Accommodation Facility and Residence Permit
- Bachelor and associate programs are offered only in Swedish.
- SLU offers guaranteed accommodation to its fee-paying students.
- The university has campuses at 4 places – Alnarp, Umea, Uppsala, Skara and Skinnskatteberg.
- After making the tuition fee payment at the university for the first semester, the students have to apply for the residence permit.
Swedish University of Agriculture Sciences Admissions
- Application Form: All the students have to apply to the university programs through the national portal for admission – universityadmissions.se
- Common requirements: Transcripts
- Language Proficiency Tests: Equivalent to English course 6
- The application fee: 900 SEK
- Additional requirements: Minimum marks in Mathematics(equal to Swedish Mathematics 1a/1b/1c), Minimum marks in other related subjects and other specific requirements stated in the application form.
- Intake Window: 16 October – 15 January
English Proficiency Test
At Swedish University of Agriculture Sciences, the student can submit any of the below mentioned scores. These scores are equivalent to the accepted English course 6 level taught at the Swedish senior secondary level.
|IELTS||6.5 or more|
|TOEFL||90 - iBT|
|575 - PBT|
|Cambridge Michigan Language Assessment/Cambridge ESOL||C1 Advanced (CAE)|
|Social Science||105,000 SEK|
|Natural Science/ Technology||152,000 SEK|
|Landscape Architecture Design||1,52,000 SEK|
|Health Science||160,000 SEK|
|Veterinary Medicine||195,000 SEK|
The international students are offered scholarships over their tuition fee amount by SLU as well as by the Swedish Institute (SI). All those students who put the Master’s program at SLU as their first priority in the application, will become eligible for the full tuition fee waiver. Scholarships offered by SLU only cover the tuition cost and not the living expenses of the students, whereas scholarships awarded by Swedish Institute (SI) cover tuition cost and living expenses both.