Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Students must have completed their following Grade 12 subjects with a minimum overall average of 70%.
- Academic English 12
- Pre-calculus Math 12
- Academic Chemistry 12
- Academic Physics 12
- Students also have to complete one additional academic subject in Grade 12.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they have any one of the following certificates:
- All-India Senior School Certificate (CBSE)
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC)
- Indian School Certificate (CISCE)
- Or, another Senior Secondary School Certificate awarded after standard XII
Along with the minimum eligibility requirements, international students hailing from non-English speaking countries need to prove English proficiency through IELTS/TOEFL/any equivalent test.
Required Document List
Following are the required document:
- Online application form and fees: Students have to fill the online form and submit the application fees.
- Resume: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and/or volunteer experience.
- Two Professional References: Referees (Teachers, guidance counselors, or Professors) should comment on academics and that references should submit along with the application system.
- Transcripts: Students have to submit transcripts from all universities/colleges attended, World Education Services Assessments, and English Language Proficiency test scores
- Confirmation of Employment Form: Students must be emailed as an attachment by applicant or referee.
- Proof of name change: Required only if name discrepancies exist between transcripts/assessments/test scores and other application documents. Examples of proof: Marriage/divorce certificates, 2 copies of government-issued ID that include a previous and current name and date of birth.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL, or other test scores.
VISA & Work Study
- Students are required to get a study visa to study in Canada.
- They may also need a Temporary Resident VISA (TRV) or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).
- The cost of the study visa is 112 USD and it is valid for the length of the study program, plus an extra 90 days.
- At the time of VISA application, students need to provide various documents:
- Dalhousie acceptance letter
- Valid passport
- Financial Evidence
- A letter from their sponsoring agency
- Documents showing strong ties to their home country
Students must have a work-study visa to work in Canada.
- On-Campus Work: Students enrolled full time are eligible to work on-campus. Students can work no more than 10-15 hours per week.
- Off-Campus Work: Students who are continually enrolled full time at Dalhousie University are eligible to work off-campus. Students can work 20 hours a week or full time during a scheduled break.
- Co-Op Work Visa: If students are required to work as an integral part of the studies or enrolled in a co-op program, they may be permitted to work off-campus full time. Students will need a co-op work visa.
Career and Placement after Course
Possible career opportunities are:
- Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Computer Engineers
- Hardware Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Electrical Design Engineer