G H Patel College of Engineering & Technology (GCET) was established in 1996 by Charutar Vidya Mandal. It is named after Shri Gordhanbhai Hathibhai Patel, a philanthropist of Gujarat. It accentuates innovation and technological growth through its creativity in R&D activities. The institute undertakes and chains scholarly and academic research in varied zones of science and technology. It is located at Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat. It offers under graduate and post graduate courses.
- It is affiliated to Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad
- It is approved by AICTE, New Delhi
- Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering has been accredited by National Board of Accreditation
- The college signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Texas Instruments (TI) India
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Mechatronics
- Department of Computer Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
The College has an independent Training & placement Cell devoted to cater the needs of the organizations in conducting campus interviews for placements.
Placement Record year 2014-15
Name of Company
No of Placed Students
Torrecid India Pvt. Ltd.
L & T
- Lingua Franca: This particular section provides a platform for Group Discussion, Debate, Elocution and Mock Interviews
- Karma Sutra: The basic aim of Karma Sutra will remain to arrange some non-technical guest talks like lectures on book review or something like lessons of life.
- Abhiyakti-the xpression Club will organize drama workshops, script writing training and other theatre related activities like stage compositions, lighting, sets and drama performances as well
- Shabda Setu: The club organizes poetry recitation programs, poetry writing competition and short story writing competition.
- Yuva: organize music-performances by students and invited artistes as well. Occasionally also organize music workshop to improve up the sound nous of the students in the field of music
- S N Desai GCET Library is the Central Library began its existence way back in 1996
- The Library collection consists of over 27619 books, 109 Current Periodical subscriptions including 3 periodicals on Electronic media and around 25 gifted periodicals
- The collection also consists of books, reports, conference proceedings, back volumes of periodicals, standards, theses, 2359 CD-ROMs, Floppies, 34 Audio Cassettes, 1873 GAA books and AV materials
- The library also has 7 online subscription and they are, IEEE – IEL online journals, ASME, ELSEVIER, SPRINGER, McGraw Hill, ASTM Digital Library and J-Gate Engineering Collection
- The department has 8 laboratories with 4 IBM Dual Processors, 244 IBM Computers, 5 laptops
- Along with it 746 computers having i3 processors on network and an internet connection through 10Mbps shared radio link have been provided for use of students and staff of the college.
Centrally Air conditioned Auditorium with a seating capacity of 480
A Seminar Hall with a seating capacity of 120
Imaze: is the annual technical and cultural extravaganza of G.H. Patel College of Engineering & Technology
- Ranked 53rd amongst top 100 engineering college across country (Data Quest 2013)
- Ranked 64th amongst top 100 engineering college across country (Data Quest 2012)
- Ranked 84th amongst top 100 engineering college across country (Data Quest 2011)
- Ranked 85th amongst top 100 engineering college across country (Data Quest 2010)
The Institute offers scholarship based on merit and needs and the amount of scholarship range from 10,000 (INR) to 20,000 (INR).