NEET 2020 Exam Date (Out), Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus & Preparation
NEET 2020 will be conducted on May 3, 2020 as per the NTA official notification released. The registration process will begin from December 2, 2019. NEET is a national level exam held for MBBS/BDS admissions after class 12. In 2019, around 15,1935 candidates applied for the medical exam which is expected to rise this year. Check NEET Registration details
- There are no changes in NEET 2020 exam pattern. It will be conducted in pen-paper mode
- Admissions to medical courses such as ayush courses will also be done on the basis of NEET 2020 score. Read More
- EWS Quota will be applicable in medical admissions through NEET 2020.
To visit NEET official website- Click Here
NEET 2020 Exam Dates (Announced)- Download Complete Schedule
NTA has released NEET 2020 Schedule on its website. Here are all the important dates:
|NEET 2020 Application Form Release Date||December 2, 2019|
|Last Date for NEET 2020 Application Submission||December 31, 2019|
|NEET Admit Card 2020 will be issued on||March 27, 2020|
|NEET 2020 Exam Date||May 3, 2020|
|NEET 2020 Result Announcement||June 4, 2020|
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
As per NTA, candidates willing to appear in NEET 2020 should acquire the eligibility mentioned below.
- Age Limit – Candidates who have attained 17 years of age are eligible for this exam. There is no upper age limit for NEET 2020 as per an interim order of Supreme Court.
- Educational Qualification – Candidates who have completed or appearing in class 12th with minimum 5 subjects including English, Chemistry, Physics as compulsory subjects can apply. Candidates of distance learning or private students and those who have Biology as an additional subject are also eligible for the exam.
- Minimum Percentage Required – General candidates should score minimum 50%, general PwD – 45%, OBC/SC/ST – 45% and OBC/SC/ST PWD – 40%.
- Number of Attempts – There is no limit on the number of attempts for NEET 2020. Candidates can appear for the exam as many times as they want.
NEET 2020 Application Form
NEET 2020 Application Form will be available at the official website from December 2 – 31, 2019. Documents and other details that you need to fill the application form are:
- Applicant’s name, father’s name, mother’s name, address, date of birth, mobile number, email id
- Aadhaar number/ election card/ passport number/ bank account number/ ration card number or any other government identity card number
- Scanned photograph – jpg or jpeg format with a minimum size of 10 kb and a maximum size of 200 kb
- Scanned signature – jpg or jpeg format with a minimum size of 4 kb and a maximum size of 200 kb
NEET 2020 Application fee
NEET 2020 Application fee can be paid through the online mode by using net banking, credit card, or debit card.
|Category||Fee (in INR)|
|General/ OBC||INR 1400|
|SC/ ST/ PH||INR 750|
NEET 2020 Reservation Criteria
The 10% Economically Weaker Section reservation will be applicable in NEET 2020. The revised reservation criteria is mentioned below:
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||10%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Other Backward Caste (OBC)||27%|
|Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
Check Details About NEET 2020 Reservation
NEET 2020 Syllabus and Pattern
NEET 2020 will be held in pen and paper mode. NEET Syllabus and Exam Pattern for the exam are tabulated below:
|Specifications||Pattern and syllabus|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Zoology and Botany)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions|
Physics – 45
Chemistry – 45
Biology – 90 (Zoology – 45 & Botany- 45)
4 marks for each correct answer
-1 mark for each incorrect answer
|Total Marks||720 marks|
|Medium||English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Gujarati|
|Syllabus for class 11||Physics – Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Thermodynamics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Oscillations and Waves|
|Chemistry –Structure of Atom, Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Hydrocarbons, Thermodynamics, Hydrogen, s-block elements, p-block elements, Organic Chemistry, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Environmental Chemistry|
|Biology – Diversity in Living World, Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Cell Structure and Function, Structural Organization in Animals and Plants|
|Syllabus for class 12||Physics – Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Electronic Devices, Atoms and Nuclei, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Optics, Electromagnetic Waves, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnesium|
|Chemistry –Solutions, Electrochemistry, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, General Principles, Processes of Isolation of Elements, p, d, f – block elements, coordination compounds, Surface Chemistry, Alcohols, Solid State, Phenols, and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones, Chemical Kinetics, and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|Biology – Reproduction, Ecology and Environment, Genetics and Evolution, Biotechnology and Its Application, Biology and Human Welfare|
How to Prepare for NEET 2020?
- Students should be dedicated towards their studies from day one keeping in mind the goal of clearing NEET 2020.
- Don’t underestimate your doubts, clear them with a due course, prepare notes in the classes, do not procrastinate your studies and be confident.
- Maintain a time table and strictly follow it along with sparing some time for daily revision.
- Candidates must go through NCERT books of Physics, Chemistry and Biology of class 11th and 12th as NTA follows the same syllabus which was stipulated by CBSE.
- They have to update themselves with the latest exam syllabus and pattern before starting with the preparations.
- Candidates have to manage their time cautiously and take care of their health as well.
- They have to avoid backlogs, avoid long hours studies, and also avoid using multiple preparation and books for preparing NEET 2020.
- They must solve as many Mock Tests, Sample Papers, Practice Papers and previous year question papers as possible, note your mistakes and work on them. Read More
Best Books for NEET 2020
Candidates must be thorough with class 11th and 12th NCERT books at least twice before referring to any other book. For further practice and to be familiar with twisted questions, students can follow the books mentioned below.
|The concept of Physics||H. C. Verma|
|Objective Physics||D. C. Pandey|
|Fundamental Physics||Pradeep Publications|
|Chemistry||R K Gupta|
|Physical Chemistry||O P Tandon|
|Organic Chemistry||Morrison and Boyd|
|Biology Volume 1 and 2||Trueman|
NEET Previous Year Paper Analysis
If we talk about NEET 2019 paper analysis, Chemistry was said to be the easiest of all sections, while Biology was easy to moderate. Students found Physics to be the toughest in NEET 2019. Also, as per the experts there were eight questions that were unclear in the exam.
Out of the total 180 questions, 110 questions were found easy; 45 questions were of moderate difficulty level, whereas 25 questions were of high difficulty level," said Prof Uday Nath Mishra, Chief Academic Officer, BasicFirst.
Loopholes in NEET Question Paper
After the exam concluded on May 5, Dr. Arvind Goyal (NEET Expert) on Monday pointed out eight ambiguous questions from physics, chemistry and biology sections.
- While some questions had two correct answers, and in few cases, there was not even a single correct answer out of the four options.
- Experts said there were three such questions in Chemistry, three in Biology and two in Physics.
NEET 2020 Result
NEET 2020 Result will be released on June 4, 2020. Medical aspirants who attended the exam can check their results on the official website of NTA.
- Before result declaration, answer keys will be released by NTA.
- Candidates will be able to send challenges against the answer keys on a fee of INR 1000 per answer which may be refunded if NTA accepts the representation.
- NEET 2020 Result will be announced after careful evaluation of the answer sheet of students.
- The result will be applicable for admissions in all the medical colleges in India except AIIMS and JIPMER as they conduct their entrance test.
- Candidates can also download their results for their future reference.
NEET 2020 Cut off
NEET Cut Off 2020 will release along with the exam results announcements. Candidates have to get minimum marks to qualify for the medical entrance exam.
Andhra Pradesh and Telangana will also participate in 15% All India Quota Counselling.
- NEET 2020 Cutoff marks will be the minimum marks to qualifying the status of the students.
|General – PH||45%|
NEET 2020 Counselling
- NEET 2020 Counselling will be commenced in the first week of July, 2020.
- It is conducted by the Directorate General of the Health Services of the Medical Counselling Committee.
- 15% of All India quota counselling seats are reserved for central institutions such as BHU, AMU, AFMC, ESI, Delhi University (DU), and Deemed Universities.
- Based on the merit list, remaining other counselling and admission seats are available in State Medical Institutions or Colleges or Universities which follows instructions provided by the State Government and authorities of Dental or Medical counselling process.
- Candidates can resign or surrender the seat allotted in the counselling process. They will not be able to further participate in the NEET Counselling.
NEET 2019 – FAQs
Ques. Can Foreign Nationals apply for NEET? What is the eligibility requirement?
Ques. Who can appear in NEET for 15% All India Quota Seats?
Ques. If a candidate is opting Oriya as a medium of question paper, would he be eligible for 15% All India Quota?
Ques. Against which all seats will the admission be made?
Ques. If I am opting Assamese as language of question paper, can I get the center of examination in Delhi?
Ques. Can I change the option of language once the form is submitted?
Ques. What are the duration/timings of NEET 2020?
Ques. If any candidate faces any problem in remittance of fee, to whom can he/she approach?
Ques. Do I have to send my filled application form to NTA?
Ques. Who will conduct the counselling for NEET?
Ques. Can one see images of OMR sheets and Responses on website?
Ans. The images of OMR Sheet and Responses captured by the machine will be displayed on the website www.cbseneet.nic.in. For exact date of hosting, candidates may remain in touch with the website.
Ques. I am from Rajasthan Board, my age is 14 years, can I apply for NEET exam?
Ques. My date of birth is December 11, 1998, can I apply for NEET exam?
Ques. I have 44% marks in my class 12 CBSE boards, if I give an improvement exam in 2019, I may get 50%, so will I be considered eligible for NEET?
Ques. I am doing BDS from a college in UP, can I still write the NEET exam?
Ques. I am a general category female candidate, my parents' income is less than 5 lakhs, do I need to pay the NEET application fee?
Ques. I have some problems with my CBSE enrolment process for class 12 board exam, can I apply for NEET?
Ques. I have got 60% marks on Uttranchal Board exam, and 45% in CBSE board, can I write the NEET exam?
Ques. I passed class 12 in 2018, but my marks in Biology are below 50 can I apply for NEET?
Ques. I am doing B.Sc. from DU, can I apply for NEET?
Ques. I am an SC category student, what is the upper limit to apply for NEET exam?
Ques. What is the minimum qualification needed to apply for NEET 2020 exam?
Ans. A student must have qualified class 12 examinations or equivalent in order to apply for NEET exam. Student must be of science background.
Ques. NRI candidates are getting some age benefits if they apply for NEET?
Ans. No, age benefits are only for SC/ST candidates, no other category is getting age benefits.
Ques. What are the compulsory subjects to appear for NEET 2020 exam?
Ans. It is compulsory that the student must have completed class 12 with Physics, chemistry, biology/ biotechnology and English as main subjects. Students must have obtained an aggregate of 50% in these subjects for general category/ 45% for general- PH and 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC.
Ques. I have 1-year gap between by class 10 th and class 11th, am I eligible to apply for NEET?
Ques. If I am appearing for class 12 exam, can I apply for the NEET 2020 exam?
Ques. I know only Kannada language, so can I write NEET?
Ques. What subjects do I need to prepare for the NEET exam?
Ques. Will English language also be tested in the NEET exam or not?
Ques. I am physically challenged, what is my exam duration in NEET?
Ques. My passport is under process of verification, do I need to submit the passport number in the NEET application form?
Ques. My son has got 41% in PCB and 50% overall in CBSE, he is from OBC background, can he apply for NEET?
Ques. My aadhar card is invalid, can I apply for NEET?
Ans. No, only a valid aadhar card is accepted.
Ques. My OBC certificate is 8 months old, do I need to get a new OBC certificate before NEET application form filling?
Ans. No, you can apply, the certificate must be less than 1 year old.
Ques. Who is responsible for 15% All India Quota seat allotment process?
Ans. Once the NEET 2018 result is released 15% AIQ seats will be managed by MCC of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) through online mode.
Ques. I am from Bihar, am I eligible for AIQ quota benefit in NEET?
Ans. No, Students from J&K, AP and Telangana can avail the benefit of AIQ.
Ques. Can I fill my NEET application form through the bank, in which I pay my application fee?
Ques. I was born on January 1, 1993, I am OBC, can I apply for NEET?
Ques. I have dropped 1 year after class 12, is that considered an attempt in NEET?
Ques. Who conducts NEET, it is online or offline in 2020?
Ques. Can you update my details in NEET 2020 application form?
Ques. My NEET 2018 marks are considered for 2020 admission to a medical course?
Ques. I had completed my bSc with 87.74% and my intermediate percentage is 93.4,my dob is July 21 1994 and I Am under the category of st. Can I apply for neet exam?
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College