GITAM Institute of Science -[GIS] Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
GITAM Institute of Science Vishakhapatnam Quick Updates
May 2: The GSAT 2020 application window is still open. All candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible.
May 1: GSAT Test Registration Deadline has been extended to May 23. Click Here to Apply
The GITAM Institute of Science, Vishakhapatnam, is a Private College duly recognized by ‘A’ grade by NAAC, located in the Vishakhapatnam city of Andhra Pradesh state of India. The College is one of the constituents of GITAM (Deemed to be University), Vishakhapatnam, which has a glorious beginning with pioneering programs funded by the UGC. It offers quality education in the emerging area of Science. The college focuses on imparting value added education to its students who aspire to make their career in the field of science. GITAM Institute of Science offers a diversified learning experience characterized by a sound faculty-student interaction with special emphasis on career advancement. The college is now settled as one of the best institutions in the world.
The college offers 12 UG, 13 PG, one integrated M.Sc. and Doctoral programs under its curriculum.
Know more about GITAM Institute of Science Admission Process
GITAM Institute of Science, Vishakhapatnam Highlights:
Type of College
GITAM (Deemed to be University), Vishakhapatnam
NAAC ‘A’ grade accreditation
Gandhi Nagar, Rushikonda
Visakhapatnam - 530045, Andhra Pradesh, India
GITAM Institute of Science, Vishakhapatnam Courses:
Under GITAM Institute of Science Admission 2019, the college provides many UG, PG, and research level doctoral courses in various specializations of Science and Computer Applications. An Integrated course with a duration of 5 years in M.Sc. Biotechnology (with an option to secure B.Sc. degree at the end of 3rd year and B.Sc.(Hons.) degree at the end of 4th year) is also available within the curriculum of the college. The college also provides Bachelor’s (3 years duration) and Master’s of Computer Applications (2 years duration).
- For M.Sc. admissions, an aspirant with B.Sc. in the relevant discipline with a requisite aggregate percentage of marks would be given admissions. Some courses also seek some subjects at the 10+2 level of the aspirants.
- For MCA admission, any degree with Mathematics at 10+2 level/ degree level/ or equivalent level is needed.
- For BEM admission, an aspirant having a valid 10+2 pass certificate in vocational or equivalent from a recognized board would be entertained for admission purpose.
- For BCA admission, a candidate needs a valid 10+2 certificate from a recognized board.
- For B.Sc. admission, a candidate requires to show a valid 10+2 pass certificate in the desired science stream qualification with requisite subjects.
- For Integrated M.Sc. Biotechnology, admission is done the basis of 10+2 pass certificate in Science stream with requisite subjects.
Know more about GITAM Institute of Science Fee Structure
Why join GITAM Institute of Science, Vishakhapatnam?
- Placement Assistance: The College offers placements assistance to the eligible students from each stream of courses through its placement cell on the campus. Students are supported via various possible manners to get a job in various elite companies like TCS, Accenture, Mind Tree, Wipro, Hetero, Efftronics, Water Health India, Hidden Brains, CSC, etc. as these companies visit the campus every year to pick the cream future employees. Click GITAM Institue of Science Placements to know in the same context.
- Global Alumni: The best of practical facilities are provided within the campus to make the students more confident academically and education with moral values is provided here to make them a responsible citizen of the nation. The alumni of the institute are well settled in their jobs around the globe making the institute proud of them.
- Extra Sessions: Apart from the curricular activities, students are trained in various other events like interactive seminars in weekly research colloquia and brainstorming sessions which significantly contribute to the honing of communication skills and familiarizing with the latest developments in their subjects of study.
- Awareness Programs: The institute organizes various awareness programs pertaining to the environment, health and hygiene, food safety, sustainable agriculture, etc.
- Laboratories: The institute has the state of the art laboratories facilitating research in the emerging areas of Cancer Biology, nanoscience and Technology, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Food Science, Nuclear Analytical Applications, Materials Science, Environment and Climate change with munificent financial support from DST, DBT, UGC, DAE, DRDO, ICMR, CSIR, etc.