Gargi College, affiliated with the University of Delhi has released its first cutoff on October 10, 2020. Gargi College admission office has the authority to finalize the Cut-off score for UG Merit Based admissions each year. Gargi College cutoff of 2020 included 8 cutoff lists.
Gargi College is a constituent college of the University of Delhi and strictly follows notifications and guidelines issued by the University with regard to all admission processes including the application process, admission criteria, admission cancellations, and fee refund.
The highest cutoff in 2020 is of BA Hons. English program that is 98%. Class XII mark sheet plays a crucial role in releasing the cutoff. The college has released 3 special drive cutoff lists for reserved candidates.
Gargi College 2020 Cut Off List
Gargi College has released the 2020 cutoff. The opening and closing cutoff along with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Special Drive cutoff lists PDF are listed in the table below:
Gargi College Cut off - Major Deciding Factors
Several aspects affect the cut-off of Gargi College released by the admission committee. Such factors are detailed below in points.
- Best of Four Games: Gargi College admits UG students based on their class XII scores. The percentage of Best of Four is accepted for admission for a particular course. The results of class XII students are beneficial to decide an upper limit of the cut-off to be fixed, stream, and course-wise.
- The program offered: Gargi College cut off also depends heavily on certain undergraduate programs. In other words, the cutoff of one program offered at Gargi College can be higher or lower in comparison to the other program offered at Gargi College.
- Availability of Seats: Like every other competitive college, the vacancy plays a crucial role in the cutoff. The fewer the seats, the higher is the competition. Also if there are still enough seats left for admission, the admission committee of the college will release another cutoff list.
- Number of Applicants: The number of applicants applying for a specific course also affects the cut-off of Gargi College 2020. It is obvious the number of candidates applying will directly affect the cutoff list as the higher the competition, the more selective will be the admission process.
Gargi College 2020 Cut Off vs 2019 Cut Off
In 2020, Gargi College had around a 1 to 4% increase. The maximum increase is in B.Sc. Hons. Zoology program i.e. 4.33%. Following table consist of the comparison between 2019 and 2020 Cutoff:
|Courses Offered||2019 Cut Off||2020 Cut Off||% Change from 2019 to 2020|
|BA (Hons.) Economics||95.75%||97%||1.25% increase|
|BA (Hons.) English||95%||98%||3% increase|
|BCom (Hons.)||95.25%||97%||1.75% increase|
|BSc (Hons.) Mathematics||94.75%||96%||2.25% increase|
|BSc (Hons.) Zoology||90.33%||94.66%||4.33% increase|
For 2019-20 admissions, Delhi University affiliated Gargi College released a total of 8 cut-off lists for admission to numerous courses. The cut-off released for Delhi University Admission is based on several different factors such as eligibility of candidates applying, the total number of seats, the difficulty level of the exam, and the last year’s admission record. For 2019, Gargi College Cut Off highlights have been elaborated below:
- The basic cut-off criteria released by the college ranged from 90.33% to 95.75%.
- While 95.75% was the highest cut-off for Gargi College for BA Economics for the general category.
- Followed by B.Com (Hons) with 95.25% for the general category.
- BA (Hons) English first list had a higher-end cutoff of 95%. Admissions closed in the same cutoff.
Gargi College Cut Off FAQs
Ques. Does the college have additional criteria for admission to various courses?
Ques. Which games are considered for admission in Gargi College on a sports quota basis?
Ans. Gargi College admits candidates in the below-mentioned games:
Ques. Is there any reservation for students of Delhi?
Ques. What is the All India-NIRF ranking of this college?
Ques. How will I get a confirmation if I qualify for Gargi College's cut-off for admission?