K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering is among the well-reputed engineering colleges of its kind. The institute has a very qualified faculty as well as state of the art infrastructure. There are total of more than 70 well-equipped laboratories, Spacious workshops, 1300 + differently configured computers and more than 31900 books in the library.
The institute offers students undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses under its engineering department. Admissions are granted on the basis of national levels entrance examinations such as JEE Main and GATE. K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering also has a very good placement record with an average package of INR 5.5 LPA and a maximum package worth INR 18 LPA.
K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering Highlights
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, M.Tech, Ph.D|
|Entrance||JEE Mains, GATE|
K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering Rankings
- Times of India Ranking:
- Ranked 14th among Top 150 Engineering Institute Rankings
- Ranked 6th among Top 100 Private Engineering Institute
- Ranked 14th among Top 50 Private Institute for Placement
- Ranked 11th among Top 20 Institute having Research Capability
- Ranked 3rd by Times of India Ranking (West Zone)
- Week Magazine Ranking 2020:
- Ranked 2nd among Private Engineering Colleges in Mumbai
- Ranked 9th among Private Engineering Colleges in West Zone
- Ranked 30th among Private Engineering Colleges in India
- Ranked 59th among Private and Government Engineering Colleges in India
- Ranked 22nd in Engineering by Times Engineering Ranking 2019
- Ranked 17th by India Today Rankings (India)
- Ranked 33rd by Education World for Engineering (India)
- Ranked 182nd by NIRF 2019 Govt of India
K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering Courses
The institute offers B.Tech in several specializations such as Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics Engineering and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. M.Tech specializations include CAD/CAM, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering and Energy Engineering.
Eligibility criteria for the offered courses are as tabulated below:
|B.Tech||10+2 + JEE Main|
|M.Tech||Pass in Graduation + GATE|
K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering Admission
- For admission to B.Tech and M.Tech courses, candidates need to apply online through the Centralized Admission Procedure Portal of DTE, Maharashtra. The application fee is INR 800 (INR 600 for Reserved categories) and INR 1000 (INR 800) respectively, which is to be paid online.
- For admission to Ph.D. courses, candidates can download the form available on the official website and submit the duly filled form in person or through the post. The application fee is INR 1000 to be paid in cash/cheque/pay order.
K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering Facilities
Hostel: There are three hostels on campus with separate accommodation for girls and boys. Students residing in the hostels are provided several facilities.
Infrastructure: The college comprises of 70+ well-equipped laboratories, spacious and airy classrooms with multimedia facilities, seminar halls, a library spread over four floors, an auditorium with a seating capacity of 450, training and placement rooms, multiple common computing facilities, students activity centers and workshops for mega projects, indoor sports facilities such as a badminton court, carrom room, table-tennis rooms, spacious and hygienic canteen facility.
Sports: Somaiya Vidyavihar campus has multiple top-of-the-line facilities including a full-sized football field, athletic track, volleyball & tennis courts, gymnasiums, squash courts, yoga room, medical center, an open-air amphitheater, etc.
K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering Placement
K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering has a dedicated placement cell that conducts pre-placement talks and training. The institute has associated with firms to provide the best platforms to the students. The institute has also in-house experts to train students for the work environment
With continuous efforts of the Internship Cell of the college, each student is provided with an opportunity for field exposure and/or application-based learning during their internships. Students can also take an active part in the research work conducted by college faculty members as internal internships. K J Somaiya College of Engineering also provides the possibility of semester-long internships to Final - Year students.
- Average Package: INR 5.5 LPA
- Highest Package: INR 18 LPA
- Recruiters: TCS, Cisco, Deloitte, IFB, Infosys, Microsoft, Carrier, IBM, Blue Star, Barclays, Oracle, L&T Infotech, Accenture, Godrej, Suzuki, Sait Gobain, Force, Capgemini, Toyo and many more.
K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering Scholarship
From the year 2014-15 onwards, the college has offered Need-cum-Merit Scholarship in the form of 50% tuition fee waiver to 5 students whose annual family income is less than Rs 4.5 L. 3 students from Electronics Engg and 2 students from Information Technology who are admitted in the round 1 of any of the CAP/ ILS/ Minority rounds will be eligible to apply. These students will continue to get this benefit throughout the 4 years of their degree. Application Form will be made available in due course of time.
K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering FAQs
Ques. How is K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering?
Ans. K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering is among the well-known engineering colleges. The institute has a very advanced infrastructure as well as a highly qualified faculty. The college offers an undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level in the engineering department. K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering also has a great placement record with several companies recruiting students every year.
Ques. How are placements at K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering?
Ans. K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering has a very good placement with companies such as Deloitte, IFB, Infosys, Microsoft, Carrier, IBM, Blue Star, Barclays, Oracle and several others. In the recent placement session, the highest offered package was INR 18 LPA and the average package was INR 5.5 LPA.
Ques. How to apply for admission at K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering?
Ans. For B.Tech and M.Tech courses, students have to apply through the Centralized Admission Procedure Portal of DTE, Maharashtra. For Ph.D., candidates can download the application from the college’s website.