Silicon Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar was established in 2000. Its main aim is to provide best of technical skills, professional ethics and human values and to be a center of excellence in technical education and research.
- The campus is on a beautiful, landscaped and lush green stretch of land at the footsteps of Silicon Hills. The Institute campus is about 12 Km. away from the Bhubaneswar Railway Station, 17 Km from the Airport.
- Silicon Institute of Technology is one of the Odisha’s premier centre for technological education with an established track record over the last decade.
- The Institute is constantly changing to adapt to the needs of students by accepting innovations and embracing modern technology and techniques.
- Silicon Institute Of Technology is approved by AICTE and affiliated to BPUT Rourkela.
Alumni of SIT:-
Silicon Institute of Technology prides itself about the achievements of its Alumni in diverse fields. A few popular names being:
- Sabyasachi Mishra, popular Odia film star,B Tech in Electronics & Telecom from Silicon Institute of Technology. Ankita Mohapatra winner of Glad rags Mega model Contest 2009 Arindam Bhattacharya, Rank 1 holder in GATE, Computer Science branch from Silicon Institute of Technology.
The IICell functions with the following objectives:
- To assist the final year students of both BE & M.C.A programmes for placement in various organizations / Industries.
- To assist our students for appearing career competitive Exam for career enhancement.
- To provide Student Development Programme (SDP) through lecture / Seminars / workshop & presentations for our students to have competitive edge during placement.
Branch Wise Placements Status:-
The institute follows the curriculum prescribed by BPUT, which is consistent with the model curriculum suggested by the AICTE. The present curricula have a broad based core science and technically component, departmental compulsory courses, professional electives and project dissertation.
Silicon library is housed in a large hall of 17000 sqft. It has well over 30000 books and subscribes to many important journals, national and international. The total collection in reference section is over 3000. The library provides non-book materials like CDs, DVDs and e-journals. The library subscribes to more than 30 kinds of journals and 30 kinds of magazines.. It has a sitting cubicle capacity of 500 at the same time.
- E journal: DELNET (Developing Library Networks). I (IEL-online) through AICTE-INDSET consortium, Science Direct (Elsevier)
- Reference Books: More than 30000 volumes Engineering books of National and international publications
Scholarships & Financial Assistance:-
There is a provision for scholarship to meritorious students. The nature and quantum of the scholarship is decided by the Managing Committee from time to time. A special Student Welfare Fund has been created by the staff members to ensure & encourage students with proven merit.